PDA

View Full Version : Most children of illegal immigrants in L.A. don’t graduate high school

Jeanfromfillmore
10-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Most children of illegal immigrants in L.A. don’t graduate high school

A majority of the children of illegal immigrants from Mexico in Los Angeles do not graduate from high school, according to the findings of a new study, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Adults with parents who were legal immigrants averaged about 13 years of education, but those whose parents were illegal immigrants went to school for an average of only 11 years, the study found.

Most children of illegal immigrants in the country are American citizens. Frank Bean, the author of the study and the director of the Center for Research on Immigration, Population and Public Policy at the University of California, Irvine, told the L.A. Times that citizenship doesn't protect children from the stresses of their parents' lack of immigration status. Many feel the need to drop out and help their parents earn money, he said.

About a quarter of K-12 students are immigrants or the children of immigrants, and about 7 percent of students are the children of illegal immigrants, according to the Pew Hispanic Center.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/most-children-illegal-immigrants-l-don-t-graduate-200908918.html

These are some of the comments:

Want to raise national averages on test scores ? close the border.

There's no way America can remain strong with that type of trend. All it does is increase the drain on social services and taxpayers... more people needing stuff from the system and fewer people contributing. U.S. immigration policy is suicidal. A free country survives by production. What is the U.S. producing besides higher ratios of poverty and need?
"Everyone wants to live at the expense of the State.
They forget that the State lives at the expense of everyone." -- Frederique Bastiat

Why should they? It's easier to get knocked up and collect benefits...baby factories, it's the cottage industry.

(this comment I found very revealing)

I'm in high school, and I go to one of the nicer schools in my city. My best friend from middle school, however, goes to the school across town. It is in the poorer area of the city, and she said that the majority of the students there are Mexican and can't speak much, if any, English. Her first year of high school, she was mad because in all her classes half of each period (25 minutes) was taught in English, and the second half of each class period was taught in Spanish. You guys might say "oh, but that can't be true!" but trust me, it is. She told me about it, some of my other friends from that school told me about it, and people at my school talk about what they know about it as well. There are so many kids attending that school with little or no English skills that the district feels forced to accommodate them. Well, my best friend got so sick and tired of it all that she transferred into AP classes (college level classes) where the classes were smaller and all the kids there were white and Asian. But she couldn't handle learning at such an advanced level, so she got forced back into regular classes where she is today. I'm sorry, but this type of thing is ridiculous and stupid. My friend now has only half a class period to learn everything she needs to each day, and she is surrounded by a language she does not know. Even though she has never been to Mexico, she said that she can imagine this is probably what going to school in Mexico would be like. It is unfair to her, and this is all happening because of the illegal immigrants who refuse to assimilate and learn English. Get rid of all of them!

Deport deport

And of those that don't finish high school, how many are on Welfare?

Ah America. Perpetuating the ignorant welfare class on the backs of taxpayers for 50 years.

The kids are not encouraged to graduate at all. The parents want them to work ASAP to help out the family.The parents are ignorant, their friends are ignorant ,the kids grow up ignorant. This is why gangs thrive.

If your parents were illegal and you were born here then you should not have Citizenship. We need to repeal that law to prevent these anchor babies. Parents flying in for a "vacation" in the US, overstaying their visas, and popping kids out on US soil. WAKE UP WASHINGTON!!

They drop out to join MS 13, or any of the other filthy gangs that populate the city.

Lets concentrate on our children first, with so many other priorities now, most people could care less. I don't see the problem since they can get food stamps, wic and medical. Heck they can even drive a car into my house with no inscurance or liscense and still not go to jail. Screw it I'm changing my name Pepe Sanchez and sorry senor I speak no englais.

Cry me river! I can't understand with all the public money they get, social and financial aid, bilingual education, free breakfast and lunch, free health care, WIC, Section 8 housing, Medicare for their kids, work for cash, all the advocacy groups working for them (for profit) and so on. That's more than what my ancestors had when they immigrated to America (legally through Elise Island) during the industrial revolution. Back then they had it 100 times harder than the illegals do today. They walk all over us. Such whiners for a bunch of law breakers!

Of course they don't graduate and why that is news is beyond me. You see tons of these anchor babies playing in the laundromat or parks or malls during school hours and loitering on the streets late at night. Go to any SAT/ACT prep course on an early Saturday afternoon and see what races are there.

More proof of the harm ILLEGALS cause America. Just look at the cities where the highest populations are, like Los Angeles, and that's where you find the most street gangs, street drug activity and violent crimes. And who are the majority of the criminals there and what are their backgrounds? Take a guess! You can put a soft spin in the article stating the kids are forced to drop out of school (that we Americans have paid for) to help their parents financially but how are they getting the money to do that? Selling the meth and herion on the street that's being piped in from their pals across the border? Stealing cars for their pal's chop shops? And of course, their old stand by, armed robbery? Well why not. After all they learned from their ILLEGAL PARENTS that this is the way they can survive in America. Just ignore our laws to get what you want. Just like they do in their own country.

Patriotic Army Mom
10-25-2011, 07:29 AM
Have you looked at the shoes that they wear? They aren't cheap and it infuriates me. Many times I will pull down signs in Spanish, if they can be reached. The print on many items is so tiny, just to make room for Spanish. They probably can't read their own language either.

Twoller
10-25-2011, 07:43 AM
Well said Jean.

School for illegal immigrants is nothing more than a baby-sitting service for their parents while they soak up the economy in their make-work crap jobs, blowing leaves around or stuffing food into little plastic boxes.

The media always falsely cite these children as being citizens. We should wonder where else facts are being distorted, certainly crime statistics should start making distinctions between real citizens and those claiming citizenship as anchor-babies.