PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Used Lap Dancers In Classroom

Jeanfromfillmore
04-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Basic subjects and comprehension take a back seat to entertainment in class.

Teacher Used Lap Dancers In Classroom
PHILADELPHIA - A LaSalle University professor in Philadelphia is the subject of a school investigation after claims that he hired strippers to take part in a symposium, during which he and students received lap dances.
Fox 29 wasn't able to reach professor Jack Rappaport at his LaSalle University office -- a woman who answered the phone told us "no" when we asked to speak with him.. And she hung up.
But the story has spread across campus by Monday night.
University administrators did not comment on Rappaport's status, but they issued a statement saying a full-scale investigation had been launched.
While the alleged case of three strippers performing lap dances reportedly took place on LaSalle's Plymouth Meeting satellite campus in March, word had spread among young men especially on LaSalle's main campus in Philadelphia.
They said roommates and friends of theirs recounted versions of what they say happened after paying $150 to attend a business symposium.
LaSalle did not confirm or deny reports that Rappaport also serves on a university committee on academic integrity.
But LaSalle confirmed it is investigating the incident, in a statement released Monday.
"La Salle University is very concerned about reports regarding an incident that occurred on March 21. Upon learning of the incident, the University immediately launched a full-scale investigation into what took place and who was responsible," the school said.
"Until the investigation has been completed, it would be unfair to those involved to disclose any further information, let alone suspicions or allegations. While the University is proceeding as quickly as possible, we recognize the importance of guarding against a rush to judgment in this situation," the school said.
The university has not confirmed reports that Rappaport also serves on a university committee on academic integrity.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/teacher-used-lap-dancers-in-classroom-041110

ilbegone
04-12-2011, 02:34 PM
A couple more examples of tax dollars at work in "higher education":

Northwestern University Investigating Live Sex Show in Class

03 Mar 2011

(NewsCore) - Northwestern University began to distance itself Thursday from a professor who allowed an explicit after-class demonstration involving a woman and a motorized sex toy.

Although the school initially defended the raunchy display as a legitimate teaching exercise, President Morton Schapiro later released a statement calling it "extremely poor judgment."

"I simply do not believe this was appropriate, necessary or in keeping with Northwestern University's academic mission," Schapiro said, noting that he had opened up an investigation into the incident.

"Many members of the Northern community are disturbed by what took place on our campus," he added. "So am I."

The display, which involved a naked 25-year-old woman and her fiance, took place for a course called "Human Sexuality."

Four members of Chicago's fetish community had been invited to speak and answer questions about "bondage, discipline, sadism and masochism," before being invited to demonstrate their sexual behavior, also known as BDSM.

"The demonstration, which included a woman who enjoyed providing a sexually explicit demonstration using a machine, surely counts as kinky, and hence, as relevant," Psychology Prof. John Michael Bailey said in a statement issued to FOXNews.com late Wednesday.

"Furthermore, earlier that day in my lecture I had talked about the attempts to silence sex research, and how this largely reflected sex negativity … I did not wish, and I do not wish, to surrender to sex negativity and fear."

Faith Kroll said she initially thought she would only be answering students' questions about sex before she and partner Jim Marcus, 45, joined the presentation on February 21. However, on the day she undressed and took part in the sex display, saying afterward she was not coerced by the teacher or students.

"The students seemed really intrigued," she said, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.

The university first supported Bailey and said students were not obliged to attend the session to be graded. A spokesman added that no complaint had been filed with the police.

Alan K. Cubbage, the vice president for university relations, said: "The university supports the efforts of its faculty to further the advancement of knowledge."

But junior Ellen Kourakos told The Daily Northwestern she found the demonstration to be a "little more explicit than expected."

Other students said they found the demonstration to be educational. For senior Nick Wilson, it helped promote a "sex-positive environment," he said.

Wilson said Bailey warned students no less than three times that the demonstration would be graphic and urged those who were not comfortable to leave.

"The remainder of the students who stayed did so voluntarily," Wilson said. "Also the majority of the students who remained were interested in getting a better view of the demonstration, not shying away from it."

http://www.my9tv.com/dpps/my9_news/northwestern-university-defends-live-sex-show-in-class-dpgonc-20110303-fc_12144472

So, did Nick Wilson force himself into the front row?

Coming to a SoCal location near you!

Northwestern’s Controversial Classroom Sex Demo Coming To Silver Lake

April 8, 2011

SILVER LAKE (CBS) — That controversial classroom live sex show that had Northwestern all a buzz…is coming to Silver Lake.

Psychology prof John Michael Bailey invited two models (a 25-year-old woman and her fiance) to do the do in front of his human sexuality class. “Networking for Kinky People” was well-attended (100 students to be exact.) The couple originally came to the class just to talk…but after a spirited discussion, it became more of an adult show and tell.

Many attended, few complained…but the story went viral and many outside the campus were shocked.

Administrators at the somewhat conservative school were also…well, not amused.

In the class, a woman was stimulated until she reached orgasm. The rest of what took place in the class, we really can’t say. And this event also promotes a sex toy whose name we are unable to reprint on this family-friendly site. Suffice to say, the students said they got their money’s worth.

Silver Lake’s Stockroom is going to recreate the event Saturday from 4-7 p.m. at 2809 1/2 W. Sunset Boulevard. Bring binoculars, uh, notebooks.

Stockroom is charging $20 at the door. You also have to be 18 and over to attend.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/04/08/northwesterns-controversial-classroom-sex-demo-coming-to-silver-lake/

If The Stockroom is a bar, is it violating the provisions of its liquor license?

And some fallout somewhat like what happens when one or a hundred in the illegal immigration movement makes everyone else stink:

ASB trip loses housing due to fallout from sex-toy demo

By Peter Larson

April 4, 2011

In the aftermath of the scandal surrounding the optional sex toy demonstration in Prof. John Michael Bailey's human sexuality class, an Alternative Student Breaks trip was temporarily left without a place to stay. The southern Tennessee church where ASB had arranged to stay called co-program directors Jenny Haag and Elizabeth Machesky on March 18 and canceled their reservation less than a week before the students were scheduled to leave.

Clif Roth, pastor of Community Baptist Church in Hixson, Tenn., said Northwestern had developed "quite a reputation" that his church could not risk supporting, Haag said.

Haag said ASB ended up paying several hundred dollars for last-minute accommodations elsewhere. The group normally pays nothing, due to the goodwill of local churches.

Roth said he and the members of his church initially supported helping the students as they workedwith the a trail-building organization called the Cumberland Trail Conference.

He said when the church first agreed to help, he had never heard of NU.

"We were welcoming anybody to come down and help clean up the Cumberland," Roth said. "I called a few members of our church, and we decided that that would be a good work — that we could house those kids and they could do that and it wouldn't be a problem."

The problem arose when the church's local newspaper wrote about the NU scandal.

Roth said the story made the front page of the newspaper's life section. He said he was wary of the associations community members might make if they found out the church was supporting the University.

"I decided I wanted to keep … (NU) at an arm's length because I didn't really want the backlash of that coming back and saying our church supported this school and this school was in support of this event," he said.

Haag and Machesky criticized Bailey for not being conscientious about the repercussions of the demonstration.

"I had qualms with not necessarily Bailey's actions themselves but how he represented himself and NU to the outside community," said Haag, a McCormick senior.

Machesky also said ASB should not have suffered because of an unrelated incident.

"It's small-minded to equate 14 individuals who are giving up their week to perform service learning and volunteer with a sex demonstration that was the action of one professor," the Weinberg junior said.

Roth said he considered the value of ASB's mission when making his decision.

"That's what feels so bad about the whole thing was the fact that these kids probably had nothing to do with that," Roth said. "These kids are probably as clean as a pin … and probably shouldn't be punished because of this stupid professor's decision."

"I hate that part of it," he added.

Machesky acknowledged the church probably would not have even heard about the story had it not been for its national media coverage.

"Of course if the church would have heard of it in some other way, then they still wouldn't have let us stay," she said. "So I guess it is because of the media storm, but the actual reason was that it even happened. The church clearly disagrees with the actions."

http://www.dailynorthwestern.com/mobile/campus/asb-trip-loses-housing-due-to-fallout-from-sex-toy-demo-1.2531362

Ayatollahgondola
04-13-2011, 07:25 AM
And the California legislature is worried about mobile billboards disrupting the childrens studies. Go figure