PDA

View Full Version : Former LA Cop Bratton On K Harris's Transition Team

Ayatollahgondola
11-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Great, The worthless, illegal alien loving Chief Bratton is on Kamala Harris's transition team for AG's office.
Hope you all still have some fight left in you, because they are going to relegate citizens to the bottom unless your wheel can out-squeek the Racial preference lobby

Harris announced that her transition team will include former U.S. Secretaries of State Warren Christopher and George P. Shultz, former Los Angeles Police Chief Bill Bratton, and civil rights activist and lawyer Constance Rice

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalertlatest/2010/11/harris-vows-not-to-be-a-busine.html#ixzz16o50iFBS

Rim05
12-01-2010, 05:30 AM
Harris announced that her transition team will include former U.S. Secretaries of State Warren Christopher and George P. Shultz, former Los Angeles Police Chief Bill Bratton, and civil rights activist and lawyer Constance Rice.

At least some of her team has some good names on it. Years ago I knew a person who worked ,down the hall, from Warren Christopher.
Her speech sounded good so now we can wait and see.
I must say I was always against the 3 strikes law as it was written. I remember a man who had 2 strikes and then stole a pizza from a kid and got the 25 years. That always seemed extreme to me. Let the sentence fit the crime.

Ayatollahgondola
12-01-2010, 08:02 AM
At least some of her team has some good names on it. Years ago I knew a person who worked ,down the hall, from Warren Christopher.
Her speech sounded good so now we can wait and see.
I must say I was always against the 3 strikes law as it was written. I remember a man who had 2 strikes and then stole a pizza from a kid and got the 25 years. That always seemed extreme to me. Let the sentence fit the crime.

Well Rim,

Some truth is in what you say, however the 3 strikes law was enacted to hem in the liberal judges who were constantly releasing repeat offenders. Something needed to be done.
How would you feel about a three strikes law for repeat illegal entrants, even if the third strike was the result of the illegals crossing to steal a pizza?

Rim05
12-01-2010, 09:13 AM
How would you feel about a three strikes law for repeat illegal entrants, even if the third strike was the result of the illegals crossing to steal a pizza?

Completely different story. Let him/her/them steal a pizza or taco in Mexico or where ever they are from. :D

Kathy63
12-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Ah yes career criminal Jerry DeWayne Williams, who stole a pizza from some children at the Redondo Beach pier. Shame on those kids for feeling terrorized.

It wasn't Williams first brush with the law. He was a career criminal.

On Jan. 28, 1997, Williams returned to the courtroom of Superior Court Judge Donald F. Pitts. Also returning was Gravlin, the veteran prosecutor, who objected to changing the sentence.

Standing before the judge, Gravlin unfurled a [I]computer printout of Williams' criminal history that extended from his outstretched arm to the floor.

Despite being given a lengthy sentence Williams was out in five years. He was to live with his sister in Lynwood, jumped parole and moved in with his mother in Corcoran. The poor man actually had to work, Sniff, it's worth a tear. But, he found a girlfriend, who he abused. When the police came he said he was going to shoot her. Despite his long criminal history and threats, he got 17 days! OH MY the poor man. He was ordered not to leave the jurisdiction but.....

As part of his sentence, he was barred from leaving Kings County without permission. Nevertheless, Williams moved to Moreno Valley to live with another sister. An arrest warrant was issued and remains active

Oddly, even with an active arrest warrant, he was arrested and released with no other charges being filed. He's still out there somewhere, with an arrest warrant and no one seems to care.

Williams maintains that four white boys came up to him at the pier and asked him if he wanted their pizza. It's all their fault you see. And he now has a worse life sentence than if he stayed in prison. He has to not commit any more crime. Like everyone else.

I doubt he can do it. He should have been made to serve the life sentence he got originally. That's what it's there for, to keep career criminals off the streets.

http://prisonmovement.blogspot.com/2010/02/pizza-thief-walks-line-three-strikes.html

Kathy63
12-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Kamala Harris is going to be the knife sliced across the neck of California. She never met a street thug she didn't fall in love with. The idea of labeling illegal adult thugs as minors and sending them to San Bernardino to live in unsupervised halfway houses was her idea. San Bernardino is suing her and the City of San Francisco for that. You mean they wandered off! Who would ever have thought! She removed the death penalty as an option for Edwin Ramos the illegal who murdered the Bologna family. In fact, she's staunchly against the death penalty so you won't see any of that while she's AG.

What you will see is a total war against businesses in the state of any kind. She's going after all the polluters you see. Like a company that transports goods by truck for instance. She sees herself as the avenging angel for environmental wrongs. So don't expect her to be interested in turning the water on in the Central Valley.

This completely democratic legislature is going to do to California what a democrat majority did for the country only worse and twice as fast.

Jeanfromfillmore
12-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Kamala Harris is going to be the knife sliced across the neck of California. She never met a street thug she didn't fall in love with. The idea of labeling illegal adult thugs as minors and sending them to San Bernardino to live in unsupervised halfway houses was her idea. San Bernardino is suing her and the City of San Francisco for that. You mean they wandered off! Who would ever have thought! She removed the death penalty as an option for Edwin Ramos the illegal who murdered the Bologna family. In fact, she's staunchly against the death penalty so you won't see any of that while she's AG.

What you will see is a total war against businesses in the state of any kind. She's going after all the polluters you see. Like a company that transports goods by truck for instance. She sees herself as the avenging angel for environmental wrongs. So don't expect her to be interested in turning the water on in the Central Valley.

This completely democratic legislature is going to do to California what a democrat majority did for the country only worse and twice as fast.

Kathy you always come up with some interesting stuff. Thanks!!!!