PDA

View Full Version : SOS Victory In SCV

Eagle1
03-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Well guys and dolls you did it! The following email from Gitlin is a proclamation of positive impact and a victory for SOS in the SCV. This would not have happened without all of you roughing it through two rallies, the last one having been invaded by illegals.

"Fellow patriots:

Can you actually believe it?

The Santa Clarita City Council is taking up some new business this Tuesday, March 9: The City Council shall support or decline to support House of Representatives legislation 994, H. R. 997, H. R 2083, H. R. 3571, H. R. 1868, and H. R. 4548. These bills are ALL supported by Rep Buck McKeon ( R-25th ). What are all these resolutions about? Illegal Immigration...Imagine... The Santa Clarita City Council is either going to endorse or decline federal legislation. I must be dreaming.
H. R. 994. Loophole Elimination and Verification Enforcement Act
H. R. 997. English Language Unity Act.
H. R. 1868. Birthright Citizenship Act
H. R. 2083 Border Sovereignty and Protect Act
H. R. 3571. DE fund ACORN Act
H. R. 4548 Fairness for American Students Act
H. R. 1026. Resolution expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that the continued peace, prosperity, prosperity, liberty and national security of the United States and it people, depend on the rule of law and credible and effective immigration policies which both welcome LAWFUL IMMIGRANTS AND NON-IMMIGRANTS AND ALSO PREVENT THE UNLAWFUL ENTRY OR UNLAWFUL CONTINUING PRESENCE OF FOREIGN PERSONS. The 1026 Resolution supports a NO AMNESTY policy for illegal aliens.

Of course, I am delighted the Council has finally decided to take a stand on the subject of illegal immigration.

Please, Please do not be misled by this Santa Clarita City Council action. The Council ( with the notable exception of Bob Kellar) has been deaf and blind to pleas from Santa Clarita voters complaining about the impact of illegal immigration in our city of Santa Clarita for years and years. That is until Councilman Kellar made his propitious remarks, January 16, 2010 at an illegal alien awareness rally at the Civic Center sponsored by the Santa Clarita Valley Independent Minutemen.

I would kindly ask the Council to table any action on the above until AFTER THE APRIL 13 CITY ELECTION.

This gesture is too little, too late and embarrasingly transparent.

A LAME DUCK WILL QUACK OUT ANYTHING TO GET YOUR VOTE.

I hope you also see through this fraud.

AT THIS TIME, I can tell you I can support only ONE candidate for the Council: Bob Kellar-endorsed

David Gauny.

I hope you will consider bullet voting for David Gauny( That's one vote only).

The other nine candidates for City Council are woeful, and in my opinion, fail to meet minimum standard on the subject of illegal immigration. The Council including the THREE running for re-election have demonstrated no interest in listening to voters' concerns over the devastating effects of illegal immigration.

However, of the THREE incumbents seeking re-election, Mayor West, Mayor Pro Tem McLean, and Councilman Ferry, there is one who I believe can be worked with, once David Gauny is elected to the Council. Though the THREE have vowed to campaign together, like the Three Musketeers, I think one of those can be separated and persuaded to re-think the position of non-involvement.

I know you would like to know who you think that incumbent candidate is, but I am unable to further comment AT THIS TIME.

Again, thank you all for your great support. I hope you will all join me Tuesday, March 9, 6:00pm, at Santa Clarita City Hall, to witness this historical action.

Roger Gitlin, Teacher
Santa Clarita Valley Independent Minutemen"

Ayatollahgondola
03-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Despite what he said about the rallies prior, this seems evidence that everyone's efforts are fruitful....and theraputic:)
Now to spring forth and multiply.

Patriotic Army Mom
03-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Oh we will multiply.

REWHBLCAIN
03-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Oh we will multiply.

10,000 x 10,000 = NO AMNESTY

Ole Glory
03-08-2010, 10:14 PM
Again, thank you all for your great support. I hope you will all join me Tuesday, March 9, 6:00pm, at Santa Clarita City Hall, to witness this historical action.
Roger Gitlin, Teacher
Santa Clarita Valley Independent Minutemen"

Is anyone attending this historical action?

Ole Glory
03-10-2010, 11:48 AM
City takes stand against illegal immigration

By Jonathan Randles
Signal Staff Writer
jrandles@the-signal.com
661-259-1234 x519
Posted: March 9, 2010 10:09 p.m.
POSTED March 10, 2010 6 a.m.

After weeks of pressure from challengers running for a council seat in April’s election and residents who have filled City Hall at recent meetings, the city of Santa Clarita took a symbolic stand opposing illegal immigration.

Council members voted at Tuesday’s Council meeting to endorse seven pieces of federal legislation, sponsored by Congressman Howard “Buck” McKeon, that could increase penalties for people crossing the U.S. border illegally and add 350 miles of fence along the U.S.-Mexico border, among other things.

“This is an opportunity to send a message to Congress that we think there is a problem (with illegal immigration),” Mayor Laurene Weste said at the meeting. “This is a complex problem that no one bill will solve.”

Weste brought the measures before the council for a vote.

Several people spoke both for and against the legislation — with speakers on opposite ends of the debate drawing applause from different groups of people sitting on either side of the City Council Chambers.

Weste said she hoped that a reasonable dialogue on illegal immigration, that cut through rhetoric on both sides, could be started by council members voting to support the legislation.

The council split the proposed legislation into two groups after Councilwoman Laurie Ender voiced her concern about two bills that attempt to prevent the children of illegal immigrants born in the United States from being granted U.S. citizenship.
She said she was “clearly bothered” by any bill that attempted to strip a child’s citizenship, and voted against both bills that dealt with the children of illegal immigrants.

Christian Ramorino, 37, an immigration attorney from Canyon Country, said several of the laws the council was endorsing were probably unconstitutional.

“The laws as proposed that you are talking about will either require amending the Constitution or are unconstitutional,” Ramorino said.

Ramorino said the City Council would be better served focusing on different issues.

Weste, who acknowledged that it was likely none of the legislation would pass Congress as currently written, said the substance of the legislation wasn’t as important as what the symbolic act represents.

“A lot of what I heard on both sides is correct,” Weste said. “The important thing is to get a dialogue (on illegal immigration) started.”

http://www.the-signal.com/ encourages readers to interact with one another. We will not edit your comments, but we reserve the right to delete any inappropriate responses.

To report offensive or inappropriate comments, contact our editor.

The comments below are from readers of http://www.the-signal.com/ and do not necessarily represent the views of The Newspaper or Morris Multimedia.

politicsazusual:
March 10, 2010 - 10:39 AM
Call your councilmember and your city manager and ask them to immediately implement the federal E-VERIFY program for all business licensed to do business in the City. I Did.

Why is the council dragging their feet on this one.

Lancaster recently passed ordinance 934 requiring employers to use E-Verify on new hires! Failure to use E-Verify can lead to the loss of their business license.

Can City staff begin E-Verify as standard business practice for city employee's and contractors to the city by edict of the City Manager?

Will the council draft an E-Verify ordinance BEFORE they run for re-election?

The Legal Arizona Workers Act requires all Arizona employers to use E-verify.

Georgia requires all public employers and government contractors to use E-Verify.

Colorado requires prospective contractors use E-Verify to ensure legal work status of all employees.

The Mississippi Employment Protection Act requires all Mississippi employers to use E-verify.

Rhode Island Governor Carcieri issued an executive order requiring executive agencies to use E-Verify.

South Carolina has passed a law requiring public employers and public contractors to use E-Verify.

icucanter:
March 10, 2010 - 11:45 AM
Any entreprenuer's out there? Independent contractor for busing illegals back to Nogales once per week. Anyone picked up without valid green card is held in county jail until the once a week bus ride. If this city took some of the money from the millions they've spent on cemex the tax payer wouldn't even need to be tapped.

BBennetts:
March 10, 2010 - 02:46 PM
Who voted for what? Did it all pass unanimously? I would think these simple details would be a key part of the story.

© 2008 The Signal - All Rights Reserved

Ole Glory
03-10-2010, 11:52 AM
The Signal Opinion Section
Research and dispel the myths
I would be interested to know how this peaceful valley came to the attention of that vigilante group, the Minutemen. Were they invited here by City Councilman Bob Kellar, or did he just fall in behind their militant agenda to scapegoat and place blame on hard-working victims of a bad situation?

Research and dispel the myths

By Barbara Cogswell
Canyon Country
Posted: March 9, 2010 10:13 p.m.
POSTED March 10, 2010 4:55 a.m.

I would be interested to know how this peaceful valley came to the attention of that vigilante group, the Minutemen. Were they invited here by City Councilman Bob Kellar, or did he just fall in behind their militant agenda to scapegoat and place blame on hard-working victims of a bad situation?

Those concerned about immigration problems should do some investigation regarding the motivation of this migration of human beings to leave their homes and families to a place that is less than warm and welcoming.

I suggest they type “Mexican emigration” into their computer browsers and read some of those articles. Then try “immigrant contributions to Social Security.” This will dispel myths surrounding this question and promote a broader understanding of facts on which to base an opinion.

Reading an account of Mexican/U.S. interactions may also be helpful in placing where we are now in relation to history.

Ole Glory
03-10-2010, 11:55 AM
New perspective
The Signal Opinion Section

Linda McCaskill
Valencia
Posted: March 7, 2010 11:14 p.m.
POSTED March 8, 2010 4:55 a.m.

Sometimes we need to look at an issue from a new perspective.

In regards to the issue of illegal immigration, I would like to present a possible scenario.

Your child is in the middle of a lake, yelling for help, about to drown.

If only one person stands on the shore of the lake and hears your child’s cry for help,

would you rather it be a person in the country illegally who happens to be an excellent swimmer,

or a bona fide American citizen who doesn’t know how to swim?

Ole Glory
03-10-2010, 11:59 AM
The real problem

Mario Galvez
Saugus
Posted: March 6, 2010 11:53 p.m.
POSTED March 7, 2010 4:55 a.m.

In response to the Sunday's column ("Strangers in ‘paradise,'" The Signal, Feb. 21) by W.E. Gutman regarding our perception on immigration:

It is commendable that he understands any discussions on this topic will elicit our feelings of anger and bigotry. Our own ignorance does not allow us to understand that the entire world is in economic turmoil.

Yet in this valley and in many other parts of the country, we have people in public office who have chosen to blame the illegal immigrants for the dire state of our nation. Thousands of entry-level jobs have disappeared, forever.

The gap between the poor and the rich continues to become wider and wider. The concept of a large middle-class population exists in name only.

Many middle-class families struggle daily to make ends meet. Many more are losing their dream homes to greedy bankers and Wall Street investors.

Families cannot afford to buy health insurance while many others are declined health insurance because of "pre-existing conditions" (a nice way of saying that the insurance companies won't be able to make money on you).

Are the European nations which embrace and teach multiple languages in their public schools less educated than we are? Are we really angry toward the illegal immigrants? You and I will never solve the issue of the illegal immigrants.

After all, that problem started when the pilgrims arrived to this land - illegally.