Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-22-2011, 04:02 PM
SOS Associate

Default 13 Illegals Caught Wearing US Marine Uniforms

SAN DIEGO -- Border Patrol agents in San Diego say they have caught 13 illegal immigrants wearing U.S. Marine uniforms.

Agency spokesman Michael Jimenez says Tuesday that agents found the group after approaching a suspicious parked van with altered U.S. license plates on March 14. He says it's not known where the group obtained the American military uniforms.

The Naval Criminal Investigative Service is handling the investigation. Navy investigators referred calls to Washington, D.C., and no one could be reached for comment late Tuesday.

Jimenez says two U.S. citizens who were with the immigrants were arrested on suspicion of alien smuggling. He says three of the illegal immigrants are being held in federal custody as witnesses and the others have been returned to Mexico, their country of origin.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/03/22/349...#ixzz1HNOH0FlF
Old 03-23-2011, 07:45 AM

This does not surprise me. Probably on their way to Lucerne Valley.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:02 AM

Lucerne Valley - they say it's the water...

I haven't been to Lucerne Valley in about 15-16 years, which was usually in the course of my employment.

I viewed the greater Lucerne Valley area as generally a loose collection of tweekers, misfits, anti socials, crazies, felons on the lam, and people who just wanted to be left alone. Of course, that doesn't compose the entire population, just a majority in my view.

I did like the mom and pop burger shop, the Chinese restaurant, and the donut shop - which I believe was owned by a Vietnamese guy.

Is Lucerne Valley now over run with illegals? I believe the cement plant is about the only viable yet limited source of employment, and face it - there's not that many lawns to mow.

What's the draw for illegals?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:07 AM

they should be shot as spies.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post

... it's not known where the group obtained the American military uniforms.

The Naval Criminal Investigative Service is handling the investigation. Navy investigators referred calls to Washington, D.C., and no one could be reached for comment late Tuesday.

Jimenez says two U.S. citizens who were with the immigrants were arrested on suspicion of alien smuggling. He says three of the illegal immigrants are being held in federal custody as witnesses and the others have been returned to Mexico, their country of origin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
they should be shot as spies.
Good idea. The Navy is investigating, but what's the point if most of them were thrown out of the country. Funny, but if the feds want them thrown out, they get thrown out. It's possible.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:45 PM

Yes, Lucerne still has the same things out there. I lived and still own property in Lucerne. It's a place to hide and fan out. As a matter of fact a notice was sent to me a couple of years ago by Code Enforcement. I couldn't believe what they put on the citation. Went out to check it out and my tenant had let about 5 families plant falling apart mobile homes on it. They were being help up by what looked like toothpicks. Well, they were paying him to stay in these make shift holes. I flipped out and kicked them all out that day. They pulled the don't speak English crap and then I went even more over board. If the police had been called, my body would have been taken to jail!
When I first moved out to Lucerne in 1989, my thoughts were the same as yours. The community has so many good people that do wonderful things it was an eye opener. My envolvement with the tweekers was radical also. But that's another story. That got real scary. Those people are crazy!
I believe Lucerne could be a hub for trafficking narcotics to other areas by the illegals.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 PM

I found out several years ago that having rental property was not for me. The end came when I started getting people who could not speak English, they would bring along someone who did speak the language. I sold the darn house, problem solved.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:23 PM

This on the news as I remember it rambling on:

The van is registered to someone in Yucca Valley, the altered plate belonged to a Marine Corp vehicle, and the name on all thirteen Marine uniforms is Perez.

Circumstantial evidence being what it is, can anyone say "29 Palms"?

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-23-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:48 AM

Default Oh well, may as well just spill the beans.

Sorry to be a little bit circumscribed but here are some scenarios that you can throw darts at:

1. Those are the new recruits for Obama's war in Libya on their way to the fighting front!!!!!!!!!!

2. That's the vanguard of the Cartels "army" of invaders !

3. They are actually undercover BATF secret agents that will be gun walking arms back to Mexico !

4. They are all named Perez for a reason. They're all the same family !

5. That's the new Aztlan occupation force !

Now having dispensed with the serious stuff here's some comic relief !

* Sheriff Paul Babeu, Pinal County Arizona, was on Fox news this morning and mentioned this event. He also said that 20% of illegal invaders have a criminal record. 20% are OTM's and come from countries on the watch list. Fox news also reported that each illegal paid $3,800 to be smuggled in. Where IS that money ?

* Federal Customs and Immigration laws provide for a customs fine of $5,000 for illegal entry in addition to an immigration fine. It is never imposed !

* Impersonating a military serviceman is a crime. Yet all but three were returned to Mexico!

Why does it not occur to the left, liberals, the "religious cheer leaders", the SPLC, ACLU and their ilk that these masquerading insurgents are dishonest, fakers, con artists whose first act in America is committing crimes ?????????

Why is anyone who is repulsed by these marauders called a racist, xenophobe ?

Last edited by wetibbe; 03-24-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Why is anyone who is repulsed by these marauders called a racist, xenophobe ?
The author of this site seems to be biased as all the examples I saw after hitting the links seemed to do with contemporary politics from a leftist point of view rather than a general overview of propaganda technique itself. However, you will recognize the techniques being used to promote acceptance of illegal immigration such as name calling, redirection, and the rest.

Propaganda techniques

Propagandists use a variety of propaganda techniques to influence opinions and to avoid the truth. Often these techniques rely on some element of censorship or manipulation, either omitting significant information or distorting it.

Rhetorical Techniques

During the period between World Wars I and II, the now-defunct Institute for Propaganda Analysis (IPA) developed a list of common rhetorical techniques used for propaganda purposes. Their list included the following:

* doublespeak
* fear
* glittering generalities
* name-calling

Other Techniques / Terms

* ad hominem
* apologise
* astroturf
* bad science
* bait and switch
* big lie
* buzz
* buzzwords
* comic books
* concision
* controlling the message
* demonizing the opposition
* disinformation
* divide and conquer
* echo chamber
* front group
* greenwashing
* guerrilla marketing
* junk science
* misinformation
* photographic manipulation
* policy laundering
* politics of personal destruction
* Political Code Words
* product placement
* providing pictures
* Public Service Announcments
* push poll
* quoting out of context
* release of forged documents
* repetition
* straw man
* swiftboating
* using celebrities
* talking points
* vagueness
* video news releases
* viral marketing (word of mouth)

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...nda_techniques

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.