Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-03-2012, 05:48 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Me and this guy are on the same page. We've pretty much arrived at the same conclusion(s).

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/...president.html
Old 02-03-2012, 07:25 PM
SOS Associate

Now the question is:
Will This epiphany trump incumbency?
Old 02-04-2012, 04:44 AM

Default Now you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Me and this guy are on the same page. We've pretty much arrived at the same conclusion(s).

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/...president.html

Know why I stopped bashing Obama a long time ago. Two reasons. One is private and the other is people such as the author of the article.

I'll take one exception that agitates me. The author called Obama black. I like to think of myself as an honest person fundamentally fair and objective. The almost universal practice of referring to Obama is incorrect and disingenuous. He is not "BLACK" which apparently refers to his color, linked to his ethnic affiliation, or the belonging to a certain category of humans, for the most part originating in Africa. He is effectively a Homo Sapiens. Biologically he is a "mixed breed" white mother, black father. Properly he is a mulatto or mestizo, or if you will, to use his own term - a mutt. If he recognizes his genealogy then why do writers have so much trouble being technically accurate.

Back in earlier history the Spanish Conquistadors *( 17Th - 18Th century ) had some 18 categories of mixed breed's in Mexico. Mixes of African Mexican, Asian Mexican, Indigenous Mexican Indian, European Mexican and so on.

The Conquistadors/occupiers of Mexico referred to themselves as either Ibericos or Creoles. Ibericos were Spaniards born on the Iberian Peninsula which is Spain. Creoles were Spaniards born in Mexico.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:56 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetibbe View Post
Know why I stopped bashing Obama a long time ago. Two reasons. One is private and the other is people such as the author of the article.

I'll take one exception that agitates me. The author called Obama black. I like to think of myself as an honest person fundamentally fair and objective

The author called Obama black? Obama is black. Further, he's hardly a lone voice in the wind referring to the president as an African-American. Almost everyone does. He's not called the first "mixed-origin" president. He's contemporarily perceived as the nation's first "black" chief executive. And this perception is not limited to folks on the political right or in the middle. People on the left are the first to take note of it. When Michael Moore and others complain about Jan Brewer pointing fingers, or Obama's low approval numbers among middle-class voters, they're not complaining that "many Americans" are having "a problem" with "a mixed-race president." They commonly speak about many "whites" disapproving of a "black man" leading the nation.

Further, this author's observations are spot on (and I've been saying the same thing for a couple years now). Wrap Obama up in white skin and he never even wins the Democratic Primary in 2008. This guy being whisked into office, with his credentials and baggage, was a U.S. national election phenomenon w/o precedent. It was really the crest or high water mark of the political correctness wave/fever that has gripped this country and held sway for the past 20 years.

It's not that I think the guy's brain dead or entirely w/o merit. It's just that he's not presidential material in the same fashion as Sonia Sotomayor has no business being on the U.S. Supreme Court. Rightly or wrongly, middle-class Americans largely hold members of unsuccessful minority groups to a lower standard in this country. Further, a whole bunch of us are desperate to see them succeed. We commonly take many of the most promising ones and hand them positions/rewards that they wouldn't have obtained had they been Asian or white. In the name of diversity our best colleges aggressively seek out Latinos and blacks to attend classes on their campuses. Our newspapers and media celebrate occasions when a person of color attains a CEO or political office position that has been previously occupied by members of the majority group. These things are part and parcel of our contemporary national culture.

When this author says that Affirmative Action is a whole lot about making white liberals feel good about themselves, he is spot on. Obama accomplished very little in the real world prior to obtaining the presidency. His career has been entirely unremarkable in Academia, Law, and as a Legislator. Hell, he's not even credited w/ having accomplished much as a "community organizer." Further, his political orientation/ideology is well outside the American mainstream. He's very far left. Candidates far away from the political center (in either direction) rarely obtain the presidency.

Here's reality: If Dennis Kucinich, Hillary Clinton, Howard Dean, or any other white Democrat you can name, had been associated with Bill Ayres, they would never have obtained the nomination. Further, none of them would have been allowed to hide their academic transcripts while campaigning as the Democrat presidential nominee. We simply don't hold blacks and Hispanics to the same standards as we do other Americans. For whatever reason, it's true, and w/o this Affirmative Action mindset, Barack Obama never makes it as far as the U.S. Senate, let alone 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 02-04-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:06 PM

DA, you are beginning to sound like Nut Gingrich.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:35 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Ouch, that hurts. I've always liked Tom McClintock a lot more.

Off the top of my head, the only thing I can think of Newt and I having in common is the same alma mater. I'm not even a registered Republican anymore. Besides, it would never cross my mind to legalize unlawfully present "grandmothers and grandfathers" who have been in the U.S. for "25 years or more." Along with the DREAM Act students, they'd probably be the first ones I'd put into deportation proceedings, if only to scare the crap out of the others.

Insofar as what I wrote above, it's much more derisive of Larry Elder than the former Speaker Of The House. Chapter 2 of his first book - White Condascencion. Barack Obama is the direct beneficiary of it.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
White Condascencion. Barack Obama is the direct beneficiary of it.
Yikes! Elder wrote that? Or were you just cozying up to Jean
Old 02-08-2012, 09:30 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Yikes! Elder wrote that? Or were you just cozying up to Jean
Yes, and my other attempt to pay homage to Jean was by incorrectly using the term derisive rather than derivative. Derision is criticism, which is clearly not what I was trying to convey regarding the above-listed author of The Ten Things You Can't Say In America.

Jean may not haunt this board much anymore, but my last post ensures that she is here in both essence and spirit.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 02-08-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Ouch, that hurts. I've always liked Tom McClintock a lot more.
DA, that was mostly for fun.
I have liked Tom McClintock also, however, when I tried to do something to help him in his last election, I was completely ignored. Maybe he knows that I am a registered Dem. Politicians should remember that all votes count.