Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-09-2014, 04:27 PM
SOS Associate

Default Southern Poverty And Law Center Quickly Jumps On Las Vegas Cop Killings

Anyone ever have one of those big mouthed, self-aggrandizing, holier-than-thou relatives that's always first to point out which other relative just got into trouble for something serious, and in being first to trumpet that news, also uses that temporary pulpit to issue the usual I-told-you-so's as if they were all seeing, all knowing seers that should be counted on as the word of a god? Well, the entire country has one of those in the SPLC.

The SPLC hunts around the USA for any news with the slightest tenuous link to what might be extrapolated into having been committed by "The Right" that is associated with racism, anti-government, pro-patriot, anti-tax, pro-gun, and militia linked. Basically, if you don't approve of illegal immigration, or circulate a petition to uphold the 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution, you are a terrorist leaning hater that should be stripped of several of your rights before you commit a murderous crime spree. It's not enough that the SPLC is the self-appointed new McCarthy looking to smite all non-communists before they do any more harm, they want everyone to fund their operation in the process. Apparently they have not been winning enough money using their law degrees to sue people and organizations into submission. They're new scheme is to jump on every newsworthy incident and use that as a bully pulpit to beg for tithing from anyone foolish enough to believe their line of gossip, And that's all it is really.

The attached letter below was sent to me in an frightening attempt to extract money for protection from dangerous US flag holding "patriots". I Don't know what's more irritating. that they infer that I am a threat to my own country because I hold a view counter to their own money grubbing, fear mongering hogwash, or that they feel that I'm stupid enough to send them a check for doing nothing more than bearing news of an incident they weren't even involved in.

In any case, they know very little, but have leaped across a chasm filled with maybes, mights, possibles, and unlikely's, to cling to a belief that only a rumor monger could love:

Quote:
June 09, 2014

Dear Davi,

We’ve confirmed that the man and woman who ambushed and killed two police officers in Las Vegas yesterday before murdering a bystander were active in the antigovernment “Patriot” movement.

Jerad and Amanda Miller walked into a pizza shop and shot two officers at point-blank range, then murdered a man at a nearby Walmart before killing themselves after a brief shootout with police.

Witnesses said the Millers shouted “this is a revolution” during the killing spree and draped the officers’ bodies in a swastika and the Gadsden flag – a Revolutionary War-era symbol used widely within the Patriot movement and by many Tea Party factions.

Earlier this year, Jerad Miller posted on Facebook a photo of himself with Richard Mack, a radical former Arizona sheriff and icon of the Patriot movement who encourages law enforcement officers to join his group and to disobey gun laws.

Amanda Miller once wrote on Facebook that “one day all hell will break lose and I’ll be standing in the middle of it with a shot gun in one hand and a pistol in the other.”

I’m deeply alarmed about the rise in far-right extremism and the violence that accompanies it. We’ve seen numerous violent attacks and terrorist plots in recent years.

In fact, yesterday’s shooting was the second act of domestic terrorism by antigovernment extremists in the past four days. On Friday, an extremist attacked a suburban Atlanta courthouse with guns and explosives, apparently intent on taking hostages. He wounded a deputy before being shot and killed.

These attacks do not occur in a vacuum. They are the predictable result of a toxic climate of racism and far-right antigovernment extremism that encourages and emboldens potential terrorists.

We’ve documented a dramatic resurgence of militias and like-minded Patriot groups – a more than 600 percent increase – since 2008, the year President Obama was elected as our first African-American president.

As you may know, we’ve been urging the federal government to take the threat of far-right terrorism much more seriously – just as we did six months before the Oklahoma City bombing. And last week, Attorney General Eric Holder responded by announcing the revitalization of a high-level task force to coordinate the government’s efforts.

With your support, we’re not only exposing the extremist rhetoric that seeps into the mainstream but also providing key intelligence and training to help law enforcement combat extremist violence.

Thank you for supporting our work. It’s more critical than ever.

Sincerely,

Richard Cohen
President, Southern Poverty Law Center

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 06-09-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Archer

I called that one way before it happened.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:35 AM

Default Fund raising.

Well I see it is time again so here goes:

My organization is involved in sooper dooper secret matters that cannot be described.

Due to security I can't divulge my address or contact info..

None the less I need money to continue our cause. So be as generous as possible. Send as much as you can; $3,000, $6,000, $9,000. *( Maybe mortgage your house )!

No small amounts please. The caging company and promoter's skim off much from the top so there isn't much left for my/our endeavors and to support our life style.

__________________________________________________ __

SPLC was delisted by the FBI last year. Essentially it was insinuated as a scam.

They persisted in attacking such as Glenn Spencer, American Patrol Report and calling him all kinds of egregious names and certain correspondence persuaded them to drop him from their list, which they did for a while. But it apparently popped back up again.

The depiction of them in the preceding posts is accurate. They essentially wore out their spiel and sales gimmickry some years back. But even more egregiously they resort to deception, mistruths, distortions. For example they list Glenn and ABP in their hate map as "succinctly" anti immigrant. Glenn is, and always has been, opposed to illegal border jumpers.

Using SPLC's criteria that makes the Federal Government, Congress, Senate, Homeland Security, ICE, CBP "anti immigrant".

There is a difference between being anti immigrant and anti illegal alien. They know the difference but choose to mislead and misdirect. The motive above in the previous post is recognized by many and considered correct.

Fling I back in their face. Write to them disagreeing with their chicanery. Just don't slander or defame.

*( Writers note ). We live in a nation of beggars. It is incredible the amount of mail I receive soliciting donations, 3, 4, 5 EACH week. Even politicians that I never heard of. So they all have a worthy cause that needs your money.

Last edited by wetibbe; 06-10-2014 at 03:58 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:21 PM

I was thinking the SPLC had finally run out of whatever shreds of whatever credibility they had left, maybe not to some of the ever gullible "faithful".

From everything I know about them, if they had been hustling used cars instead of race bait they'd all be in jail for fraud. Some of it is genuine, the rest is libelous crap.

What is extremely obvious is just who they don't tag for race hate, it had to be really bad for them to tag a couple or three groups of brown gang bangers in the LA area (Florencia 13? Varrio Hawaiian Gardens? Another in the Azusa area?) for trying to burn blacks out of the neighborhood.

Those clowns down at the SPLC would find some way to turn Gene Wilder's Willie Wonka character into some sort of a white supremacist race hater if they could squeeze some bucks out of it.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 06-10-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:48 AM

Default What the!

Voice from the past ????

12-04-2009 06:10 PMJim Campbell
Hi Bill, It's been a few years - like 3! Thanks for the compliments. We both can remember back then when we were posting on both forums. Auntie M's "Can we have a fence thread" got almost 14,000 hits before Peter Kunz's "Iron Curtain" descended on her thread. I've gotten over 2,300 hits on my FR thread with no hassles from "senior members". I tried to search your posts back then. Did you quit SOS and then come back? I would love to find the many posts that I made too. I gathered a lot of attention! My PDF of my Draft has been circulating for a couple of months. Simcox has likely been confronted by people holding it up in the air at his public gatherings. LOL! I would love to say more in response to your and others' questions, but my draft is as far as I want to go in public. Take care, Bill. Jim Campbell