Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-24-2013, 12:38 PM

Default Numbers USA Tele-conference

I was invited to a Tele-Town hall meeting hosted by Numbers USA. Speakers will be Jeff Sessions, Ted Cruz, and Senator Vitter.

I wanted to pass this along to SOS members, in case you want to hear what The leaders in the resistance in the Senate want to tell us.
The conference is 4:00 California time.

Dial:
877-229-8493

Once you have connected, you will be prompted to input ID code 111833 then PIN# 79.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:37 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post
I was invited to a Tele-Town hall meeting hosted by Numbers USA. Speakers will be Jeff Sessions, Ted Cruz, and Senator Vitter.

I wanted to pass this along to SOS members, in case you want to hear what The leaders in the resistance in the Senate want to tell us.
The conference is 4:00 California time.

Dial:
877-229-8493

Once you have connected, you will be prompted to input ID code 111833 then PIN# 79.
Greg,

I've been experiencing a hearing problem of late. I've been half deaf since '89, but a new issue arose. Sound is distorted. It comes and goes, but it makes for difficult phone conversations. Anyway, I've been laying a bit lower in a public sense until this passes, up to and including those internet radio broadcasts. But hopefully others caught your post. It sure would be interesting to get some disclosure from one of the horsie's mouths though
Old 06-25-2013, 06:32 AM

I listened to the tele conference.
It was good.
Basically, Vitter, Cruz and Sessions were saying that the only thing that's going to stop the bill from passing in the Senate would be heavy call and email volume by people like us into the Senate offices.

There were a lot of questions from the audiences about specifics in the Corker - Hoeven amendment and the answers were specific as to how the amendment doesn't do what the supports say they will do.

I've already decided that the enforcement measures are designed not to work, so that part wasn't as interesting to me.

Sessions was quite clear when he said our laws aren't enforced and the enforcement measures in the Hoeven-Corker amendment will not be enforced because many members of congress don't want the laws enforced.

I wanted to know more about our call volume, and reactions in the different senate offices about the calls. There wasn't much discussed about the call volume, except that Sessions said that in his office the calls were 20-1 against the amnesty.

I would suppose that Sessions would get the heaviest calls from the LaRaza types demanding the amnesty.

Overall I didn't get a lot out of the conference, probably I was a bit down from the passage of the amendment, but it was good to hear Sessions talk to us.