Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Don Don is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 649
Default Fed Court Affirms School's right to Ban US Flag

Sad but true. A delusional Federal judge has affirmed the right of the Morgan Hill School District to ban American students from displaying the US flag on Sinkhole De Mayo day because it offended Mexican vermin.

We are a conquered people living in an occupied land. Our own national flag can be banned in a public school.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/fed-...cinco-de-mayo/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Sad but true. A delusional Federal judge has affirmed the right of the Morgan Hill School District to ban American students from displaying the US flag on Sinkhole De Mayo day because it offended Mexican vermin.

We are a conquered people living in an occupied land. Our own national flag can be banned in a public school.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/fed-...cinco-de-mayo/
Two things:
I believe the attorney for the kids spoke about an appeal, and rightfully so

The parents could and should be changing the policy of the school, as it is their responsability to do that.

So now the question is, how would a t-shirt that says "remember the Alamo" go over if it wasn't on cinco de mayo?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-13-2011, 08:56 AM
tim55 tim55 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 100
Default

This ruling will do nothing but exacerbate the situation. When the Mexican flags come out, you will see frustration, then anger, then violence. What they have done here, is put the "bad guy" hat on citizens.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-14-2011, 05:33 AM
Patriotic Army Mom Patriotic Army Mom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 829
Default

Who is in charge of these schools that are paid with tax payer money?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-14-2011, 06:04 AM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Army Mom View Post
Who is in charge of these schools that are paid with tax payer money?
Those who go to the school board meetings. And when no one goes, they act on the marching orders of those who influence them outside the school district
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-15-2011, 04:49 AM
Rim05 Rim05 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So CA
Posts: 1,222
Default

Quote:
Those who go to the school board meetings. And when no one goes, they act on the marching orders of those who influence them outside the school district
People would rather sit in fron of a TV or tinker with the computer than go to any kind of civic type of meeting.
I usually support any one trying to make a dent in DC but some are not worth it. I must confess that I have not been around any of the OWS so I never formed an opinion about them.
Thanks and good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-18-2011, 08:00 AM
Don Don is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 649
Default

The lawyer for the American kids was on John and Ken last night (11/17/11) and talked about this case. He said the Federal judge wanted to have proceedings at the school, calling this a "teachable moment." This is totally insane. There is no basis for any judge, whether federal or state, to engage in this kind of Orwellian group think.

This is more than disheartening...


Here's another California school nightmare story. A white 5th grader said a local Afro American newsman looked like Barack Obama and the newsman's daughter, a student, reported him to the administration. The white child was kicked out of school for being a "racist." Whites are forced to pay taxes to support public institutions but are increasingly being driven out of them by Orwellian thought police.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/was-...-barack-obama/

Last edited by Don; 11-18-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Ayatollahgondola's Avatar
Ayatollahgondola Ayatollahgondola is offline
SOS Associate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
The lawyer for the American kids was on John and Ken last night (11/17/11) and talked about this case. He said the Federal judge wanted to have proceedings at the school, calling this a "teachable moment." This is totally insane. There is no basis for any judge, whether federal or state, to engage in this kind of Orwellian group think.
A federal judge is not a teacher. Doesn't surprise me though; not here in California
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-20-2011, 12:33 PM
kjmta kjmta is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 6
Default Lot of Work

It seems anymore there is SO much going no you do not know what to address first. But I can tell people are getting mad. Not just unhappy but mad at the direction this state and country is going.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-20-2011, 06:21 PM
nativesmith nativesmith is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 25
Default

Why would there be a ban by displaying the American flag in America, I am offended that a Judge ruled against the first amendment! No American Flag on American Soil? Wtf, celebrating mexican holiday in american territory, they should adjust not those kids.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright SaveOurState 2009 - 2016 All Rights Reserved