Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Candidates 2010

Candidates 2010 Topics and information relating to the Candidates in the 2010 elections.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 10-11-2010, 02:39 PM

Other more reliable rumors said that he was a pedophile. Recall his priestly amibitions at one time. There was supposed to have been some kind of relationship between he and Linda Ronstadt that was propped up, or mocked, when Linda Ronstadt showed up in concert once in a Boy Scout uniform.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:19 PM
"SZinWestLA"

New poll shows Brown has taken an 8 point lead over Meg "McCain" Whitman. Apparently, his boost in numbers has occurred since Nicky Diaz told her sob stories. The votes swinging to Brown are largely Latino.

Also, Babs is now up by 5 points on Carly.

http://californiawatch.org/watchblog...-new-poll-5916

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 10-21-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Apparently, his boost in numbers has occurred since Nicky Diaz told her sob stories. The votes swinging to Brown are largely Latino.
I am not sure what has caused the swing however, what does the very negative campaign ads do to/for you? They make me want to never vote for that/all those people.
I cannot wait for Nov. 3 2010.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:14 PM
Continent Thief

Here's a video which just surfaced where Jerry Brown admitted he lied to get elected:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKjZZZV5Ack

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 10-29-2010, 07:39 AM
"SZinWestLA"

The campaigns are letting loose with their final punches. That much is evident on the So. California airwaves. And in this instance, I'm referring to FM, not AM.

On my drive home from Newport Beach yesterday morning I heard:

- An add on a Spanish language station for Jerry Brown, that said "Meg Whitman" twice and "Pete Wilson" three times.

- An ad on Jill FM (92.7) promoting Meg Whitman as someone against illegal immigration and amnesty. Jerry Brown was described, in this ad, as having done nothing about sanctuary cities while Attorney General, and a person in favor of financial aid for illegals going to college.

- An ad on K-DAY (93.5), by Barack Obama no less, voicing the praises of Barbara Boxer. He spoke about the importance of black folks coming to the polls on Tues. so this country won't "go backwards."
Old 10-29-2010, 07:56 AM
SOS Associate

I'm already regurgitating commercials, and I barely watch TV or listen to the radion anymore. With most of the candidates falling into my "shithead" category, it's not very good listening or watching. I am glad to have read that Whitman actualy stated that her former maid should be deported. That may actually sway me a bit, but we'll see what happens on or before election day. Otherwise it's a boycott for governor
Old 10-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I'm already regurgitating commercials, and I barely watch TV or listen to the radion anymore. With most of the candidates falling into my "shithead" category, it's not very good listening or watching. I am glad to have read that Whitman actualy stated that her former maid should be deported. That may actually sway me a bit, but we'll see what happens on or before election day. Otherwise it's a boycott for governor
Unfortunately, and especially in California, there's never a real clear choice. However, in this case, even though she may be considered the lesser of two evils by some, I consider Meg Whitman a hell of lot "less evil" than Jerry Brown and I still plan to vote for her.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 10-30-2010, 05:56 AM

Default Jerry Brown

As to Jerry Browns life and lifestyle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Brown there surely are some eyebrow raising comments in Wikipedia about his lifestyle, comrades and partners and marital status !!!!!!!!! Apparentrly Jerry is pals with Gavin Newsome also and Newsome has bigger political aspirations. Good heavens !!!!!

Do any of you West Coast fellows remember New Jerseys Governor Jim McGreevy ? A flaming homo, with male lover, who married a woman as a cover. He got exposed and his wife didn't know anything about his secret life. She sued for divorce. One never knows in politics what pig in a poke will emerge. Just look at Obama for example.

So far as our Carl Paladino is concerned we now have more and better information about his bio-data and background. And I feel a lot more confident now. He served in the regular military, rose to Captain, is actually a lawyer with his own law firm and was a very successful businessman.

Both he and Cuomo are of Italian ancestry so those two paisano's are slugging it out. Unfortunately Paladino is trailing Cuomo in the polls.

Last edited by wetibbe; 10-30-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Both he and Cuomo are of Italian ancestry so those two paisano's are slugging it out.
They might have Italian ancestry, but they are not "paisanos". Ship 'em to Italy and find out just how "Italian" real Italians will regard them.

Quote:
A flaming homo, with male lover, who married a woman as a cover. He got exposed and his wife didn't know anything about his secret life. She sued for divorce.
A couple of observations.

Either that is one very stupid woman (public "flaming homo" for a husband in politics) or the man is bisexual with an extremely good cover act (not publicly "flaming", fooled the general public too).

Or she knew, acted surprised when word of the male lover got out, and filed for divorce in order to extract a fortune by way of the court.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:57 AM

If there is anything you can count on, it's California polls being unreliable. I see that Whitman somehow gained ten points on Brown overnight and they are now four points apart.

We might get a better idea of what the polls say if we got a chance to see the raw data. We don't. We get the results after they are weighted and adjusted according to several criteria including registered voters and demographics.

This election will turn on who shows up and votes. That's what's going to make a difference and nothing else.