Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Social Scene > Sports

Sports Topics relating to sports

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-18-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN View Post
Congrads Lakers fans! lol
REW, it was a hard fought game, I have to say - I love Rondo, great player and a class act guy.

That had to have been the lowest scoring playoff game I can remember. Neither team looked fluent till late in the forth, but the Lakers are catching up with the Celt's on those titles!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:41 PM
Archer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMyOwn View Post
REW, it was a hard fought game, I have to say - I love Rondo, great player and a class act guy.

That had to have been the lowest scoring playoff game I can remember. Neither team looked fluent till late in the forth, but the Lakers are catching up with the Celt's on those titles!
Sure was low. I wish there were more games, maybe 5 out of 9 next time.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Archer

Wink It's all ok now folks

A sense of calm began to return to downtown Los Angeles early Friday after rowdy crowds clashed with police, set fire to vehicles and smashed windows following the Lakers NBA championship victory over the Celtics.

A sense of calm began to return to downtown Los Angeles early Friday after rowdy crowds clashed with police, set fire to vehicles and smashed windows following the Lakers NBA championship victory over the Celtics.

Police fired non-lethal rounds to disperse the crowd at Figueroa Street and Venice Boulevard after several small fires were set, as well as at 11th and Hope streets. At 7th and Flower streets, a taxicab was engulfed in flames.

At least one person was beaten as fights broke out on Flower Street near Olympic Boulevard. A bicyclist was injured when struck by a Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department vehicle near 11th and Flower streets, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

In all, there were multiple injuries but no loss of life, officials said. One police officer suffered a broken nose.

As night wore on, fire crews responded to many rubbish fires and some vehicle fires, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department. At least 12 people were arrested on suspicion of crimes that included public drunkenness, vandalism and inciting a riot. One person was arrested for allegedly assaulting a police officer, authorities said.

At La Bella Cucina, customers began throwing bottles, knocking over tables and stealing bottles of liquor, said restaurant manager Christian LaBella.

"I think it's pretty sad, especially when customers turn on you so quickly," LaBella said late Thursday. "They lost respect for themselves, they lost respect for the Lakers, and they lost respect for the restaurant. It's a shame for L.A."

"A lot of stupid, stupid people out here tonight," added Edward Lizama, 42, who lives in an apartment near 9th and Olive streets. "This isn't people having fun. It's ridiculous."
The violence broke out shortly after the game ended. The LAPD declared an unlawful assembly as people gathered along Figueroa Street near Olympic Boulevard. Hundreds of officers in patrol cars, on foot and on horseback moved in to clear streets and break up the crowds.

At 8th and Figueroa, fans and a phalanx of more than two dozen police, wearing riot gear and wielding batons, faced off. The standoff began when a bunch of fans tore down a traffic sign and then ripped out two newspaper stands and lighted the papers on fire. When the police marched up Figueroa, about two dozen abreast, the crowd slowly receded. Some people were throwing energy drinks, which had been passed out for free after the win.

The YMCA at 11th and Olive was vandalized as taggers marked graffiti up and down the side of a wall. Another person upended a traffic sign and bashed in several windows.

Shortly after 11 p.m., the burned-out shell of the taxi cab stood in the middle of Flower and 7th. Shards of broken glass lay scattered on ground as a man jumped on top of the vehicle while a friend snapped a photo.

An LAPD cruiser pulled up and shined a light on the men. "Let's go. Night's over," an officer said through a loudspeaker.

-- Sam Allen, Tony Barboza, Hector Becerra, Andrew Blankstein, Paloma Esquivel, Robert Faturechi, Kate Linthicum, Robert J. Lopez, Joel Rubin and Ruben Vives

Photo:
(Gary Friedman / LosAngeles Times / June 17, 2010)
Fans on Figueroa Street celebrate the Lakers' victory over the Celtics.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...%28L.A.+Now%29
Old 06-18-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
you edited your original post that I quoted. . .

Your birthplace is news to me, and I don't follow, but here's a suggestion, since you don't like sports, stay out of the thread.

The majority of this site is bad news, ugly news, disturbing news, racial news etc. SOMEtimes, I like to have some kind of off topic celebration, apparently that's just not possible here.
I didn't edit anything, and since our focus is on illegal immigration I question way so much attention is being put on a sports game while such other much more important issues are being totally ignored. What, they're not entertaining?
Old 06-18-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I didn't edit anything,
Post 25:
Quote:
Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; Today at 02:45 PM.
Quote:
and since our focus is on illegal immigration I question way so much attention is being put on a sports game while such other much more important issues are being totally ignored. What, they're not entertaining?
This is the Sports topic, look at the title!

I don't live and breath illegal immigration jean, I have hobbies, interests and family.
I know you don't care about sports (which is why i don't understand your interest in commenting on the topic) but basketball is one of my interests and this game was in particular a history making game and it only happens once a year for 2 weeks for cripes sakes.

Why have the topic "Sports" on this site if it's such a thorn to you? Should Davi's trip to Alaska thread be cast off too? How bout The Great Outdoors topic?

Do you not have any other interests other than illegal immigration?

Last edited by MowMyOwn; 06-18-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Post 25:
Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; Today at 02:45 PM.[/quote]

I don't live and breath illegal immigration jean, I have hobbies, interests and family.
I know you don't care about sports (which is why i don't understand your interest in commenting on the topic) but basketball is one of my interests and this game was in particular a history making game and it only happens once a year for 2 weeks for cripes sakes.

Why have the topic "Sports" on this site if it's such a thorn to you?[/QUOTE]I understand that the games are of interest to you and to many others. It is good to have a release valve. But when you compare the interest to this and most of the sports threads to other things that are of far more importance you will notice that sports are of much greater interest, look at the numbers.

I just can't get behind a city, even though I was born there and grew up there, that has gone so far out of its way to encourage this invasion, and condemn a state that is helping fight our fight. I will not support Los Angeles in any way. I do not identify with that toilet or anything that comes from there.

Three years ago, if we had had what is going on now with Arizona, our members would be dancing in the streets and singing. Today is seems like just a side line.

Enjoy your enthusiasm and don't let me rain on your parade. I'll just stay focused on what is important to me.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I understand that the games are of interest to you and to many others. It is good to have a release valve. But when you compare the interest to this and most of the sports threads to other things that are of far more importance you will notice that sports are of much greater interest, look at the numbers.

I just can't get behind a city, even though I was born there and grew up there, that has gone so far out of its way to encourage this invasion, and condemn a state that is helping fight our fight. I will not support Los Angeles in any way. I do not identify with that toilet or anything that comes from there.

Three years ago, if we had had what is going on now with Arizona, our members would be dancing in the streets and singing. Today is seems like just a side line.

Enjoy your enthusiasm and don't let me rain on your parade. I'll just stay focused on what is important to me.
Stop the spin and guilt mongering, it's a sport that millions enjoy, and nothing to do with "the city", it's ills or it's politics.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:46 PM

The Lakers are the only sport I watch, I do enjoy most of the games. The fans are the problem. A win or a loss is just an excuse for them to resort to criminal behavior.

The games are over and all I can say is , no more TV.
Its going to be a long and silent summer.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:53 AM
Archer

Default What If Tea Partiers Waving Gadsden Flags Had Trashed L.A.?

http://www.infowars.com/what-if-tea-...d-trashed-l-a/
Old 06-21-2010, 01:45 PM

I was very disappointed that the lakers won. Since I learned that there was some kind of personal enmity against the Celtics, I really wished the lakers would have been creamed by the team they didn't like.

I saw the parade today, where were all these famous Los Angeles gang bangers and gunmen? That was an open bus that team was in. LA is full of wimps.