Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-07-2010, 08:34 AM

Default A Funny Thing Happened In Glendale Friday Night

Last Friday (6/4/10) I stayed in Glendale to attend a book signing by Frank Pastore. After the event was over, I was heading home, via my cruiser bicycle, and had to stop by the bank. Now because of this errand I went a way that I normally do not go, since it is out of the way of my normal route. Anyway, as I was crossing Brand Blvd. this Armenian or Mexican guy enters the cross walk in front of me. I watch him in order to avoid hitting him with my bike. As he crosses on my left, he asks, "Why are you looking at me?" Then he throws a right hand directly into the side of my head. I drop my bike, and ask him what his problem was, and he steps into me, and delivers another blow to my nose.

Then he steps towards my bike, and I grab him and we tussle. Unfortunately, I did nothing other than bleed on him and all over that corner. Fortunately, a lady on the on the northwest corner of the intersection saw everything, called 911, and even went so far as to follow this guy.

Long story short, Glendale PD apprehended that guy. He admitted to the assault, and I ID'ed the guy. Now the question is whether or not the DA will prosecute. I think that the odds of that happening are good since the officers that took me to ID the perp stated that this guy had a no bail warrant for assaulting a peace officer.

Glendale PD has not posted their blotter as of this posting, so I do not know whether this guy is Armenian or Mexican.

So that's what happened, and that is why I am done with Southern California.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:38 AM
SOS Associate

What's the perpetrators name?
Old 06-07-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
What's the perpetrators name?
Don't know yet. Glendale PD has not updated their website blotter, and I have not spoken with a detective yet. As soon as I find out, I'll be posting it.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:25 AM

Default California Is A Playground for the Violent

Pocho I am sorry to hear that you had such a terrible thing happen to you.
I am not surprised. California has become a breeding ground for the violent
and for stupid, lunatic fools.

That is why so many of us are leaving.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:28 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
So that's what happened, and that is why I am done with Southern California.
Pocho,

I was standing near an ATM kiosk downtown in Sac about a year or two ago now, and although I was like 15 feet from the guy using it, he turned around and did pretty much the same thing you are describing. Although he stopped short of hitting me the way you described, it was coming. What intervened is me pointing to a cop a half block away. Anyway, the point is, that shit goes on everywhere now. With the economy and all, they are letting the nut cases walk the streets. you're not going to move away from them.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:42 AM

No matter how bad anything gets, I am not leaving CA. I left TX of my own free will so I will stay here for the same reason. You cannot run from trouble. Maybe I will be killed some day for the fun of seeing me die but I will just say that is what was supposed to happen to me.

Sorry to hear about the things that have happened to both of you. Pocho, I am surprised you were a target, I thought the Raza would just think you were one of them.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Continent Thief

I think RIM has a point. Bad things can happen to you anywhere. I'm sorry about what happened to you though, Pocho. It sounds pretty bad and I hope you're all right. I've been here in L.A. almost 14 years, and the worst thing I've experienced is some serious road rage. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 06-07-2010, 02:03 PM

Are you doing better? Something like that leaves us emotionally shaken for awhile. Creeps like that should be taken to the alley and delt with like we did in the old days.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:18 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes. I am doing good. Though my face looks like it's been hit by a truck. Actually, it might be an improvement, LOL!

Anyway, the perp is Armenian (Glendale PD finally posted their blotter). This is a good thing. Now the question is what can I do to this bastard to make him pay, financially, for what he did?

I have most of his info from the blotter, but I have not been contacted by anyone from Glendale PD. Should I be concerned?
Old 06-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
I have most of his info from the blotter, but I have not been contacted by anyone from Glendale PD. Should I be concerned?
If they know you're with SOS, yes. The Glendale PD was particularly unsympathetic with us the last time we rallied there. But there's probably no reason for you to tell them that.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."