Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-08-2012, 12:19 PM

Default Turbo tax!

Is this even worth bothering ??????????????????

Every year I use Turbo Tax. No problems until now! This year Armageddon.

I received the CD-DVD. Couldn't connect with the Turbo Tax website to download updates . They issued the CD prior when the IRS hadn't as yet prepared the 1040 forms.

I phoned the tech reps and spent well over an hour with two different. Did not resolve the issue. I asked for a new DVD with current updates which is being sent.

In the meantime I went on line and succeeded in completing filing my tax returns Federal and State. But with significant problems. Turbo-tax has zapped me altogether about $120 with all-of the screw ups.

This is the worst year. I found a forum that absolutely blasted them.

It would have been faster and much more economical to do it the old way, get the forms and pencil or ink in the data.

If you dial the Turbo Tax website you will receive a message about refunds that you won't like !

Last edited by wetibbe; 02-08-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:30 AM

Default Now the scary part !!!

When I went on line to use the Turbo-tax website to complete my Federal I went through the many sections on income and financial. It went smoothly up to a point. In the section about interest, dividends, investments I entered the data from some 1099-R forms. One in particular was an investment company. I entered the name, address, Federal ID and the balance of information. I had to phone twice for more information. Then I got to the end and "review". Turbo-tax said there were problems that needed to be fixed. One was the zip code of the company. I had the zip code from the 1099 and also from a phone call to them. Would NOT work. Stalled. Then a message, - " You must use the payers zip code in your state". There is no such zip code and they are not in my state.

The main point here is that when I called the investment company which has the office on Kansas City, I got a rep in Houston. After giving my account number, social security and DOB I explained the problem. The rep said: Yes I see here on your form *( tax return - 1040 ) what you have entered. Yikes !!!!!!! Then I realized that he had full access to my tax return on his computer. And could bring it up any time including my name, address, status, income, sources, investments, dividends, pension. banks. If he could do it there are places scattered all over the USA that can access my personal information too. That is frightening.

Embezzlers, crooked employees, thieves are always being caught. Counting the hundreds of thousands of people who work in these institutions, my personal information is readily available to them with the click of a mouse. How easy is it to steal identities ? And social security numbers that can be exploited or sold. The Turbo-Tax forum is full of complaints from users about Turbo-Tax freezing their accounts and demanding fax proofs of identity. It must be very prevalent.

Last edited by wetibbe; 02-09-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:26 AM

I'm so glad my sister in law does taxes.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:09 AM

Default Completed------

Done. Completed taxes on line, on the Turbotax website. Cost for services and filing $72.50 sent electronically and both Federal and State accepted.

The second CD arrived yesterday and it has the same problems as the first. I returned both CD's to Turbotax today asking for a $66 refund for the original CD.