Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > California Schools

California Schools Topics And Information Relating To California Schools

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-05-2010, 09:17 PM

Default Mex ok, USA No

Since when do we send US students home for wearing the flag on a Mexican holiday? How about your two cents?

Live Oak School
Switchboard (408) 201-6100
Fax (408) 776-9097

P Nick Boden / Principal 40102 / Admin Email -
Nick.Boden@mhu.k12.ca.us

VP Miguel Rodriguez / Assistant Principal (M-Z) 40105 / Counseling Email
Miguel.Rodriguez@mhu.k12.ca.us
GilroyDispatch.com | Five Morgan Hill students sent home for wearing American flag T-shirts
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/2...-flag-t-shirts

GilroyDispatch.com - Five Morgan Hill students sent home for wearing American flag T-shirts

Last edited by admin; 05-05-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:05 PM
As seen on TV!

"Freshman Laura Ponce shows off her Mexican pride as she wears a Mexican flag over her shoulders and wears facepaint Wednesday as she waits for school to get out at Live Oak."

Wow...the Parents should sue the School back to the stone-age..(although, looking at the students, They're pretty much half-way there), and have the Principal/Vice-Principal either canned, or severely reprimanded for Their actions.

I know that Their excuse for it was for the protection of the 5 Students, but it goes both ways, the Kids displaying Their "Mexican Pride" should have been told to wear their shirts inside-out, or change them, and not to be wearing a mexican flag....this story's so slanted, I almost fell out of my chair reading it.

Good comments though.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:37 PM

Angry re: sending American kids home

What a surprise, the Asst Principal is Hispanic. Anyways I am completely disgusted and outraged by this. Just more proof that the Southwest is being handed back to mexico slowly by surely. Unbelievable! What's next? Laws against the Stars and Stripes being flown anywhere?

Thanks for posting all the contact info - everyone angered by this needs to speak out! I salute the kids for showing their patriotism. I don't understand why we are being forced to celebrate a holiday that has nothing to do with this country. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't CDM about a battle between mexican and Spanish forces in the mid 1800s?
Old 05-05-2010, 11:55 PM
As seen on TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian@socalairshowreview View Post
What a surprise, the Asst Principal is Hispanic. Anyways I am completely disgusted and outraged by this. Just more proof that the Southwest is being handed back to mexico slowly by surely. Unbelievable! What's next? Laws against the Stars and Stripes being flown anywhere?

Thanks for posting all the contact info - everyone angered by this needs to speak out! I salute the kids for showing their patriotism. I don't understand why we are being forced to celebrate a holiday that has nothing to do with this country. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't CDM about a battle between mexican and Spanish forces in the mid 1800s?
It was against the French at the battle of Puebla, as Mexico defaulted on it's loans, and France wanted it money.
The battle of Puebla only slowed-down France, as it took-over Mexico, and put Maximillian in as President.
Spain...They bailed in the early 1800's.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Since when do we send US students home for wearing the flag on a Mexican holiday? How about your two cents?

Live Oak School
Switchboard (408) 201-6100
Fax (408) 776-9097

P Nick Boden / Principal 40102 / Admin Email -
Nick.Boden@mhu.k12.ca.us

VP Miguel Rodriguez / Assistant Principal (M-Z) 40105 / Counseling Email
Miguel.Rodriguez@mhu.k12.ca.us
GilroyDispatch.com | Five Morgan Hill students sent home for wearing American flag T-shirts
http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/2...-flag-t-shirts

GilroyDispatch.com - Five Morgan Hill students sent home for wearing American flag T-shirts
You get US students sent home for wearing US tee shirts when everyone caters to the Hispanic hoard swarming into this country and 'very few US citizens' opposing it. I wonder what would have happened if the parents had donned a US tee and gone to see the Principal and asst. Principal. That is what it is going to take to stop this insanity. How about the US citizen parents purchase at least 5 US flag shirts (a school week wardrobe) and send the kids off to school. Parents get at least one to wear to pick the kids up if they are sent home.
These 5 students and parents can do nothing when they are out numbered by the principal and asst. principal plus many soft hearted fellow citizens.
I already have a wardrobe of flag shirts plus the old SOS tees (at least 4 of those) 5-5-10 is over and I don't leave the house everyday, however from this day forward I will be sure and wear a US tee on everyday they have some event even in another state. I will wear one even if I don't leave home.

How many will join me in this? If anyone has a better idea PLEASE post it.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:45 AM

I think there needs to be concentrated efforts to fly America's colors on days that will be "offensive" to Mexicans.

Edited to add: You know you don't see Irish-Americans whining over American flags being flown on the National Get Slobbering Drunk Day...err, St. Patrick's Day.

Last edited by PochoPatriot; 05-06-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:58 AM

Why is an American school recognizing a foreign holiday anyway?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:05 AM

Default America

Arizona - SI
Legal - SI

Illegal - NO!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:26 AM

I agree Pocho! It's time to be seen and heard. God Bless America!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:03 AM

The exact same thing has happened to American students here in Southern California over the last few years. This is nothing new. There is simmering in many young Americans who have endured this kind of oppression and much, much worse.