Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-06-2015, 09:38 AM

Default The Obama care crash!

It's coming.

Take your pick of news reports.

https://www.google.com/search?source....0.8igc6T4bBxM

Speaking for myself, from recent personal experience, that totally lunatic occupant of the Oval Office needs to have a rope around his neck and dragged out ASAP.

I cannot amplify enough my disappointment in my so called Republican Conservative politicians. There is a mere handful left worth supporting.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:09 AM

Bill you're one of the few paying attention. We have problems with our politicians, but even bigger problems with the public at large. Most don't even know who the Vice President is and couldn't care less about much more than who won Dancing With the Stars.

Its been said we get the political actions we deserve. I'm so jaded by now, that I believe it would take something catastrophic to impact the citizens before they will take any actions or for that matter even care.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:38 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Bill you're one of the few paying attention. We have problems with our politicians, but even bigger problems with the public at large. Most don't even know who the Vice President is and couldn't care less about much more than who won Dancing With the Stars.

Its been said we get the political actions we deserve. I'm so jaded by now, that I believe it would take something catastrophic to impact the citizens before they will take any actions or for that matter even care.
The problem is, a lot of us are getting the politicians that others deserve.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:47 PM

I just looked at the links on that google search page. Except for the Obama care sign up link at the top, the entries appear to a year or more old. Nothing earth shattering or even new considering that we are now in the 4th mont of 2015.

However, I do believe it's going to crash, but that will be after Obama leaves office.

Watch for some string pulling concerning the Fed which will crash the economy if a Republican becomes President 2017. It's just barely being kept alive as we speak, seems to involve printing money. I don't pretend to understand it all.

As for the politicians: Local elections matter. For the most part over the last 2 centuries, Congress and the Presidents didn't just appear out of a vacuum, they started out with local elections.

It is real important to scrutinize lawyers who show up on local ballots for District Attorney, Municipal and Superior Court judicial offices. California State Attorney Kamala Harris started out somewhere as did US District Attorney Eric Holder. I haven't researched them, but they most likely started with a local law firm then were elected to local office before they caught their sponsor's eyes.

Remember California Chief Justice Rose Bird? That dismal wench started out as a law clerk in the Nevada Supreme Court. She held at least one elected position in California, other California positions were appointed before Governor Moonbeam made her top monkey on the Ca. Supreme Court on his first go around.

Moonbeam himself held local elected offices before becoming Governor in the 70's.

The US Supreme Court Justices all have personal histories which probably involve local elected offices.

Judges and prosecuting attorneys may be even more important than elected legislative politicians, they determine which cases are brought forth, heard and which legal decisions are made, yet the public generally knows little about them and the cases they bring and decisions they render. Think of all the presidents who have tried to pack the courts before the opposing party could take over the Presidency and the Senate.

They all started somewhere, and most likely they started on the bottom floor.

The bad ones have to be stopped before they get started.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 04-07-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:03 AM

Angry

All politicians frighten me. I will say, the likes of Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz etc. turn my blood cold. The only one on the panel that I supported was Jon Huntsman. Perry could not remember what he was against.
In the mean time Sacramento is only getting the worse of all and they are mostly hispanic.
Never thought our country could become such a disastor.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:48 AM

I'm thinking that if Obama isn't frightening, then nothing is.

He makes Woodrow Wilson and Jimmy Carter look good, he's just a lot slicker in his disdain for Constitutional process than Wilson and a lot bolder in his international naivety than Carter.

Wilson tried to go his own ideological way including trying to make treaties without Congress.

Carter brought down the Shah of Iran, instigated the Iranian hostage crisis, bungled the hostage rescue, and wrung his hands in self imposed impotence. Is was not by coincidence that the hostages were released upon Reagan's inauguration, Reagan would have obliterated their captors and the mullahs frickin' well knew it.

35 years later, after bringing down Khaddafi and plunging Libya into Chaos while embracing the fanatical Muslim brotherhood in Egypt, Obama's giving the Iranian mullahs the bomb and unleashing a nuclear arms race in an unstable region overflowing with post apocalyptic religious nuts who hate us as well as each other, a region that's he's made worse by abandoning US presence while sucking up to our enemies and giving our friends the boot. Think that 9/11 was bad? Wait 'till the terrorists are given the bomb to hit us here and Europe too while they nuke each other in the middle east.

Domestically Obama has his head so far up his ideological ass that, discounting Castro's executions of political opponents in Cuba over the years, he makes Fidel Castro look like a first rate statesman. If his lips are moving, he's lying. If the political cartoonists made his ears grow as well as his nose for all of his serial bald faced prevarications, he'd look like Dumbo running away from the circus. The Three Stooges, Neville Chamberlain, and former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega rolled into one couldn't mismanage the nation any worse than Obama has all by himself. The man is an ideological wrecking ball tearing down the nation.

Obama, without consulting Congress as he is legally required to do, exchanged a deserting traitor for five extremely dangerous terrorists thinking he'd get a domestic political win and willfully ignores the plights of his loyal Marines formerly and presently falsely imprisoned in Mexico and Iran.

While a number of other presidents before him have done it, Obama's executive departments are far ahead of their predecessors in harassing the president's political opponents and dissenters of his ideological policies. It hit a new low when he used the Justice department to foment racial discord in order to distract from getting his political clock cleaned in the mid term elections.

While no president has been or ever can be perfect, one can't count the ways Obama has betrayed the principles and the character that is America, the list of his failings is as long as the national debt he's incurred is high. It's beyond criminal.

By the way, the only thing I do like about Obama - and it's his own doings that made me disapprove of him - is that he is the first black man to occupy the White House. However, he's a waste of executive space as well as being a clear and present danger to the nation.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Last edited by ilbegone; 04-10-2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
I'm thinking that if Obama isn't frightening, then nothing is.

He makes Woodrow Wilson and Jimmy Carter look good, he's just a lot slicker in his disdain for Constitutional process than Wilson and a lot bolder in his international naivety than Carter.

Wilson tried to go his own ideological way including trying to make treaties without Congress.

Carter brought down the Shah of Iran, instigated the Iranian hostage crisis, bungled the hostage rescue, and wrung his hands in self imposed impotence. Is was not by coincidence that the hostages were released upon Reagan's inauguration, Reagan would have obliterated their captors and the mullahs frickin' well knew it.

35 years later, after bringing down Khaddafi and plunging Libya into Chaos while embracing the fanatical Muslim brotherhood in Egypt, Obama's giving the Iranian mullahs the bomb and unleashing a nuclear arms race in an unstable region overflowing with post apocalyptic religious nuts who hate us as well as each other, a region that's he's made worse by abandoning US presence while sucking up to our enemies and giving our friends the boot. Think that 9/11 was bad? Wait 'till the terrorists are given the bomb to hit us here and Europe too while they nuke each other in the middle east.

Domestically Obama has his head so far up his ideological ass that, discounting Castro's executions of political opponents in Cuba over the years, he makes Fidel Castro look like a first rate statesman. If his lips are moving, he's lying. If the political cartoonists made his ears grow as well as his nose for all of his serial bald faced prevarications, he'd look like Dumbo running away from the circus. The Three Stooges, Neville Chamberlain, and former Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega rolled into one couldn't mismanage the nation any worse than Obama has all by himself. The man is an ideological wrecking ball tearing down the nation.

Obama, without consulting Congress as he is legally required to do, exchanged a deserting traitor for five extremely dangerous terrorists thinking he'd get a domestic political win and willfully ignores the plights of his loyal Marines formerly and presently falsely imprisoned in Mexico and Iran.

While a number of other presidents before him have done it, Obama's executive departments are far ahead of their predecessors in harassing the president's political opponents and dissenters of his ideological policies. It hit a new low when he used the Justice department to foment racial discord in order to distract from getting his political clock cleaned in the mid term elections.

While no president has been or ever can be perfect, one can't count the ways Obama has betrayed the principles and the character that is America, the list of his failings is as long as the national debt he's incurred is high. It's beyond criminal.

By the way, the only thing I do like about Obama - and it's his own doings that made me disapprove of him - is that he is the first black man to occupy the White House. However, he's a waste of executive space as well as being a clear and present danger to the nation.
Beautifully stated!!!! I am just so amazed at how little the left cares about all the damage he has done and continues to do. If you voted for him, shame on you. But if you voted for him a second time, you are to blame along with Obama.
I will say though, that I have not seen an Obama bumper sticker on any cars in almost two years. Even when I go to Ventura to Trader Joe's to shop. Years back the cars in the parking lot were covered with them, but not today. They're not so proud of him, but still won't admit the truth about him. Well that seams to be the liberal way; if it doesn't work out like planned just ignore it and yell hate speech if others mention it.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I am just so amazed at how little the left cares about all the damage he has done and continues to do. If you voted for him, shame on you. But if you voted for him a second time, you are to blame along with Obama.
I don't think the true progressive believer followers see it, and for many of them it is a matter of "us" and "them", with "them" being evil, oppressive minions of Wall Street. They don't know that the "elite" of their own ideology have their net worths wrapped up in Wall Street investments and real estate holdings, with many having their income bolstered through capitalistic family businesses with their wealth sheltered from taxation. This seems to be the norm except for an extreme minority of progressive ideologues like Senator Boxer, who appears to want to shield HER capital from all comers by having her modest wealth squirreled away in a trust.

It's certainly a non sequiter for the wealthy to rail against the wealthy and, calling for redistribution of wealth, shield their own wealth from redistribution.

I formerly would have thought this to be a wacko idea, but the more of this sort of thing I become aware of, the more I think the wealthy progressive elite want to establish a privileged oligarchy enjoying complete control over society, which milks society to their own narcissistic benefit. It now appears to me that there is a real effort to destroy elements of our society that would support resistance to statist totalitarianism.

A true progressive believer is a "useful idiot" dupe, entirely impervious to reason.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.