Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 06-14-2011, 01:01 PM

Default Voter fraud at poling place.

I received this in an email, but there wasn't a link to where it originated. If any of you have read it and know where it came from please post it.

Startling results from an ongoing investigation reveal that the City of Chicago uses non-citizens to supervise and operate some of Chicago’s early voting polling places. Investigations uncovered at least 6 non-citizens supervising or working at early voting sites. Investigators also found that 65 different employees, or 1 out of 4 workers at early voting sites, administrated elections without declaring their eligibility to work on federal I-9 forms. (The I-9 is the mandated Federal Employee Eligibility Verification form.) These workers have the authority of an election judge at the early voting polls.

Early voting at three elections was investigated: February and November 2010, and February 2011. The majority of the employees working at the polling places served in all three elections.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I received this in an email, but there wasn't a link to where it originated. If any of you have read it and know where it came from please post it...
I believe voter fraud is a very big deal and there is quite a possibility that there are people handling various aspect of voting who aren't US citizens.

However, anonymous assertions often do little but rile people up to look like fools by running with unconfirmed BS. For example:

Quote:
A 40-year-old American man living in Scotland said Monday he's sorry for posing as a Syrian lesbian blogger who offered vivid accounts of life amid revolt and repression in Damascus, a still-unraveling hoax that has exposed the difficulty of sifting truth from fiction online.

Tom MacMaster said he created the fictional persona of Amina Arraf and the "Gay Girl in Damascus" blog to draw attention to conditions in a Middle East convulsed by change....

...And as the deceit unspooled, a second blogger known as Paula Brooks, who posted some of the fraudulent Arraf's comments on a lesbian news site, admitted to being a man who had adopted a fake lesbian persona.

The Washington Post reported late Monday that "Brooks" was a 58-year-old retired U.S. Air Force member named Bill Graber.

Graber admitted the deceit when phoned by the AP. He said he had set up the Lezgetreal.com site to advance the gay and lesbian cause and felt he would not be taken seriously as a straight man...

...For readers hungry for news of the uprisings sweeping the Arab world, it was gold dust - a gripping, firsthand account of a country from which most foreign journalists are excluded...

...A "Free Amina Arraf" Facebook page drew 14,000 supporters. The U.S. State Department said it was making inquiries to establish her identity...

...Reporters in Virginia, where Arraf claimed to have grown up, could find no trace of her or her family.

Journalists could find no one who had ever met her ...

...Then a woman in Britain, Jelena Lecic, came forward to say the photos of "Amina" on the blogger's Facebook page were actually of her. She had been unaware of the theft until she saw her own picture illustrating a British newspaper article about the blogger...

...Then a woman in Britain, Jelena Lecic, came forward to say the photos of "Amina" on the blogger's Facebook page were actually of her. She had been unaware of the theft until she saw her own picture illustrating a British newspaper article about the blogger...

...the whole episode should serve as a warning to media and rights groups trying to cover the region's uprisings.

"It underscores the age-old principle that you have to know your sources," he said. "You have to know who is feeding you this information."...

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/...y_8514757.html
And, the people who took the bait look like fools.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 06-14-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:04 PM

Google this:

Quote:
Startling results from an ongoing investigation reveal that the City of Chicago uses non-citizens to supervise and operate some of Chicago’s early voting polling places. Investigations uncovered at least 6 non-citizens supervising or working at early voting sites. Investigators also found that 65 different employees, or 1 out of 4 workers at early voting sites, administrated elections without declaring their eligibility to work on federal I-9 forms. (The I-9 is the mandated Federal Employee Eligibility Verification form.) These workers have the authority of an election judge at the early voting polls.

Early voting at three elections was investigated: February and November 2010, and February 2011. The majority of the employees working at the polling places served in all three elections.
It comes up with about five results, and it all seems to come from the same anonymous "source".

There are no names of the six people who are alleged to be illegal while working poll booths.

Unless it's found to be definitively true - with names of the guilty, perhaps we could file this with all the circular, sourceless, endless, and virtually identical "quotes" of Joe Turner espousing white supremacy.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:15 AM

I cannot say any thing about Chicago however, I worked at the polls a number of years and I am positive that everyone there was OK. I know a person now who has worked the last few elections and she is sure that everyone was legitimate.
This is election time and we will be gettting all kinds of things like this put out there. It is done all the time, by all parties and candidates. All it is, is "politics as usual". It is good to be aware but not everything is true.
Just think, we have until 11-2012 to endure this, it will only get worse.
That is my opinion about politics.