Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-16-2010, 09:20 AM

Default The Last Great LA Police Chief

Rest in Peace, Darryl F. Gates.

It's too bad that his good name and the many great things he did with the LAPD will be forgotten due to the riots, that were fomented by certain black politicians in this city. Though he was an innovator, he did do one thing that had unintended consequences, namely Special Order 40. Chief Gates was very much behind the implementation of this Order. The purpose of which was to be a tool for the police to encourage illegal aliens to report crime to the police without fear of deportation. Sadly, the unintended consequences of this Order has been the unchecked invasion of illegal aliens into the city of Los Angeles. I look at Chief Gates in very much the same way I look at President Ronald Reagan. Good conservative men who simply did not understand the gravity of the laws they enacted, namely S.O. 40 and the Amnesty.

However, Chief Gates was, and will always be a symbol of the LAPD to me. Too bad that the new LAPD HQ won't be named after him, not with the midget gang banger occupying the Mayor's office, and the liberal dominated City Clowncil. Darryl Gates deserves more than to be remembered as the LAPD chief during the Rodney King riots. He deserves to be remembered as a man that stood for law and order in a time when lawlessness and anarchy was celebrated and encouraged by men like Tom Bradley, Mark Ridley-Thomas, Earl Ofari-Hutchinson and John Mack.