Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Religion

Religion Topics and information of interest to SOS associates in regards to religion

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-20-2010, 07:41 PM

Default Church to Hold "Burn a Koran Day" 9/11

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/19...koran-burning/

http://www.doveworld.org/

FAINESVILLE, Fla – A Florida church that was denied a permit for its controversial plan to burn copies of the Koran on Sept. 11 says the book burning will continue anyway.

The Dove World Outreach Center drew international attention after announcing its plan to burn copies of the Islamic holy text on church grounds to mark the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Gainesville city officials denied a burn permit for the center Wednesday, saying an open burning of books is not allowed under the city's burning ordinance.

But in an e-mail sent out later that day, the church said, "City of Gainesville denies burn permit -- BUT WE WILL STILL BURN KORANS."

"Things like 9-11, Fort Hood, and the honor killings... these are possibly not isolated incidents," Dove World Outreach Center pastor Terry Jones told MyFoxOrlando.com last week. "These are things that, if we don't stand up now, they can increase."

--------------------------------------------
Ten Reasons to Burn a Koran

By Fran Ingram - Posted on 03 August 2010

One

The Koran teaches that Jesus Christ, the Crucified, Risen Son of God, King of Kings and Lord of Lords was NOT the Son of God, nor was he crucified (a well documented historical fact that ONLY Islam denies). This teaching removes the possibility of salvation and eternal life in heaven for all Islam's believers. They face eternal damnation in hell if they do not repent.

Two

The Koran does not have an eternal origin. It is not recorded in heaven. The Almighty God, Creator of the World, is NOT it's source. It is not holy. It's writings are human in origin, a concoction of old and new teachings. This has been stated and restated for centuries by scholars since Islam's beginnings, both Moslem and non-Moslem.

Three

The Koran's teaching includes Arabian idolatry, paganism, rites and rituals. These are demonic, an ongoing satanic stronghold under which Moslems and the world suffer.

Four

The earliest writings that are known to exist about the Prophet Mohammad were recorded 120 years after his death. All of the Islamic writings (the Koran and the Hadith, the biographies, the traditions and histories) are confused, contradictory and inconsistent. Maybe Mohammad never existed. We have no conclusive account about what he said or did. Yet Moslems follow the destructive teachings of Islam without question.

Five

Mohammad's life and message cannot be respected. The first Meccan period of his leadership seems to have been religiously motivated and a search for the truth. But in the second Medina period he was "corrupted by power and worldly ambitions." (Ibn Warraq) These are characteristics that God hates. They also led to political assassinations and massacres which continue to be carried out on a regular basis by his followers today.

Six

Islamic Law is totalitarian in nature. There is no separation of church and state. It is irrational. It is supposedly immutable and cannot be changed. It must be accepted without criticism.

Seven

Islam is not compatible with democracy and human rights. The notion of a moral individual capable of making decisions and taking responsibility for them does not exist in Islam. The attitude towards women in Islam as inferior possessions of men has led to countless cases of mistreatment and abuse for which Moslem men receive little or no punishment, and in many cases are encouraged to commit such acts, and are even praised for them. This is a direct fruit of the teachings of the Koran.

Eight

A Muslim does not have the right to change his religion. Apostasy is punishable by death.

Nine

Deep in the Islamic teaching and culture is the irrational fear and loathing of the West.

Ten

Islam is a weapon of Arab imperialism and Islamic colonialism. Wherever Islam has or gains political power, Christians, Jews and all non-Moslems receive persecution, discrimination, are forced to convert. There are massacres and churches, synagogues, temples and other places of worship are destroyed.

Christians are called to live and speak the truth, and to tear down the strongholds of the kingdom of darkness. Islam is of the devil and the Koran is a lie. Millions of people all over the world, Moslem and non-Moslem, are held captive by these lies. The world needs a beacon of warning and of hope.

Like the Christians in Acts 19, we are publicly burning a book that is demonic. We are not, like the Nazis, stealing books, destroying properties or harming any people.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:08 AM

I could spend hours on this one.

Suffice it to say that with each and every one of these statements rings a tone of hypocrisy and disregard for history.

There is humble belief and evil practice in every religion, and I suggest that if one lives in a house of glass one shouldn't be throwing stones.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 08-21-2010, 08:24 AM

I got into this debate on Facebook. First, if a person or a group of people want to burn a Qu'ran, go for it. However, I do not believe it is appropriate for a church to sponsor this sort of event for a number of reasons, most of which are based on Jesus' and the apostles writings on how the church should function.

In my opinion, there is no good reason to burn any book. This sort of activity to me, smacks of Nazi Germany, and it lowers us to the Muslims levels. Someplace that I would rather not be.

This does not make me a Muslim, liberal or anti-American. If you think it does, then Nightingale is probably your candidate of choice, and that says more about your abilities to think for yourself, than it does about my patriotism.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:41 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
I got into this debate on Facebook. First, if a person or a group of people want to burn a Qu'ran, go for it. However, I do not believe it is appropriate for a church to sponsor this sort of event for a number of reasons, most of which are based on Jesus' and the apostles writings on how the church should function.

In my opinion, there is no good reason to burn any book. This sort of activity to me, smacks of Nazi Germany, and it lowers us to the Muslims levels. Someplace that I would rather not be.

This does not make me a Muslim, liberal or anti-American. If you think it does, then Nightingale is probably your candidate of choice, and that says more about your abilities to think for yourself, than it does about my patriotism.
I think the book burning thing is being misinterpreted. Some people burn books because they don't want the teachings in them distributed. But in this case, I believe, but am not entirely sure that it is a valid form of protest much like burning a flag.
I think the book burners in this case want to make a policial statement, or intend to offend the other parties involved as opposed to prohibiting their first amendment rights or their right to free exercise of religion.
The book burners might have done better to offend them by building a mannequin of an islamic woman with viel and bhurka, and then having a christian or uncle sam dressed character ripping it off her
Old 08-21-2010, 08:43 AM

Islam is evil, it was born evil and will always be evil. But if these folks want to make a point, they would have more people reading the Koran, not burning it.

That's the really unremarkeable thing the Geert Wilders did with his videos. He just quotes from the Koran. He just pointed out what everybody should have always known already about this supposedly "classical" religion.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:36 PM

I forgot to mention when I post on this topic earlier, that I posted a fuller statement about this topic on my blog.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:02 PM

Every last one of those numbered paragraphs apply to multiple versions of Christianity since the church achieved political power in the days of Constantine.

I have no doubt that there are “Christians” who would be burning “apostates” and “heretics” at the stake right here and now rather than the Koran in the United States if they could get away with it. That's why the founding fathers saw fit to provide for separation of church and state.

Want religion sanctioned mass murder of conquered unbelievers? Check the Book of Joshua.

Women without rights? Solomon's Harem which contained hundreds of “wives” and concubines.

Political Corruption? One need not look farther than the antics of King David, who, among other things, impregnated a loyal soldier's wife then sent the soldier on a suicide mission. While it's been close to 35 years since I cracked a Bible, I also believe there is an account of David killing a neighbor for his wife. Yet “everything David did was right in the eyes of the Lord”.

How about the well documented practice of medieval lords forcing the right to appoint clergy?

Jesus' crucifixion is well documented? It is documented that there was a Pontius Pilate in Palestine about the believed time of Jesus' death. There is no official documentation of Jesus, and I believe the only mention of Jesus Christ outside of the religion is a brief entry in Josephus' history, which I believe was written after the Jewish revolt of AD 70. This also a thirty five or so year old memory. I had a copy of Josephus' work, I don't know what happened to it.

How about all the mutual butchery between Catholic and Protestant, and mutual bloodshed between Muslim and Christian throughout the ages?

How is it that God is “on” every side of a conflict?

I haven't even scratched the surface. As I said, I could go on for hours.

The only form of prosperity for Arabs before Mohammed was raiding other Arabs. Mohammed forbid the practice between Arabs, so Islam expanded from the Arabian peninsula with raiding turned into conquering. At least until the crusades, and I believe in some cases afterward, Christians and Jews were not required to convert to Mohammedism when part of of a conquered population.

Much of written language of Spanish Christian kings before the United Kingdoms of Ferdinand and Isabella were in Arabic, and I believe Ferdinand and Isabella oversaw the defeat of Grenada wearing Arabic clothing. Then again, how about that Spanish Inquisition which an Evil Spanish priest convinced Isabella to institute?

What is the real problem concerning Muslim hatred of Christians and the US? Muslim extremism born of sects or cults like Wahabbism, and eternal tit for tat internal conflict born of the Sunni and Shia rift (similar to the western Roman and eastern Orthodox split in Christianity – who got to pull the strings).

As I said before, there is humble belief and evil practice in every religion, and here is to genuine humility overcoming blatant evil in every professed religion..

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 08-21-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:09 PM

I am normally live and let live, but if they want to burn the Koran, go for it.

I am so sick of hearing about the "contributions" of Islam to the USA, the space program and every other God damned thing. This morning I was listening to the local communist radio station, KPFK, and one of these charlatans said that "Islam was present when the first American settlers came in 1620..." and that Islam has made contributions, blah, blah, blah.

Well settlers came to what is now the USA long before 1620 and they weren't Muslims. The Roanoke Colony, that disappeared without a trace, was established in 1586 and no Muslims were among them.

Jamestown, the first permanent English settlement in North America, was founded in 1607.

The Scrooby Separatists, later known to history as the "Pilgrims", were Protestant reformers who landed at Plymouth Mass in 1620. There were no Muslims among them.

I am sick and tired of these liars cashing in on the achievement that is America with a lot of puffery about their "contributions." Their contribution to US history was as Barbary Pirates who attacked our ships and enslaved our people. Muslims were involved big time in the slave trade, enslaving and trading both white and black slaves. As a newly established country in the aftermath of the American war for independence, we had to fight our first war against them.

Congress should pass a Muslim Removal Act, round them up and ship them out. They have been enemies of Western Civilization for 1,200 years and they are a scourge to this very day. When they get their numbers up, they will kill and enslave us too, like they have done for hundreds of years in other parts of the world.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:33 PM

It's the stoning of women that in itself should put the breaks on embracing this so called religion. As everyone may know, I'm not big on religion but I don't begrudge other from practicing their faith, and we as a country have done well under a christian upbringing. But I don't think we could say the same if it had been under this ugly religion. Women aren't even allowed to worship with men and they're treated like pieces of meat to be chewed up when ever the men feel like it. Women are not even considered second class, they're of no class and so brainwashed and submissive. It's so sad.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:55 PM

We can't do anything that might incite the muslim world! They might dislike us.

I have seen plenty of disrespect for religion, all kinds, islam should not be spared simply because it will make the muslims dislike us. If the Church is denied a permit for burning the koran as a symbolic protest, they should not burn the koran. Wrap it in bacon and let the dogs pee on it. Everyone should be happy. No burned Korans and a whopper of a symbolic protest.