Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 02-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Flag Republican View Post
Eh. At least egypt got off their butts and eliminated a dictator who didn't give a damn about them. I marched at all the townhalls and teaparties and nothing came out of it. Except of course, a bit of social condemnation, being a man in my early 20s ...

I wish Americans would show the kind of dedication to our country the Egyptians have shown to theirs.

Besides, now that their country is free, they can start returning to it, right?
I wouldn't get too enthusiastic about this just yet, Bear Flag. If the Muslim Brotherhood takes over, it's going to be deep doo-doo for a lot of people, especially in Israel.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 02-12-2011, 06:06 AM

Our marching has always been peaceful, regardless of how many times we've been spit on, had things thrown, etc. Although there's been times, when I've almost lost it! We are not taken serious, none have died at our protests. Hopefully that will never happen.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Patriotic Pragmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
I wouldn't get too enthusiastic about this just yet, Bear Flag. If the Muslim Brotherhood takes over, it's going to be deep doo-doo for a lot of people, especially in Israel.
All I have to say, is that as a Catholic, I support the Christians in Palestine, and could give a crap about the pharisaic state that discriminates against them on the very soil where Jesus walked.

If egyptian muslims are standing up and protecting egyptian christians, and demanding freedom, then I'm all for it.
I wish we could stand up for our freedoms here without being seen as terrorists by "our" president...
it's funny how those most aggresive of neo-con warhawks, refuse to acknowledge the war of invasion at our border. It almost seems as if they're worried about defending an entirely different country than our own.
it's time to put America first.

SMASH THE REDS! LIBERAL PROGRESSIVES: FLEE!

Arizona has spoken. Will America listen?
Old 02-17-2011, 05:17 AM

Be careful what you wish for. There is a chance that some of the Egypt type unrest could arrive in the US soon. Any of you who want a revolution here, I wish you would go to the ME and help out there. I will work with in our laws and common sense to solve our problems.
I will give all those people out side the USA all my sympathy, however I will never support illegal or unlawful actions.

The USA needs to keep its nose out others business, we have more problems than we can solve as it is.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:13 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
All I have to say, is that as a Catholic, I support the Christians in Palestine, and could give a crap about the pharisaic state that discriminates against them on the very soil where Jesus walked.

If egyptian muslims are standing up and protecting egyptian christians, and demanding freedom, then I'm all for it.
I wish we could stand up for our freedoms here without being seen as terrorists by "our" president...
The "pharisaic state" that discriminates against who? The Christians? What planet are you living on, pal? Israel is our only ally in that region and does what it needs to do to survive. If you want to call that discrimination, be my guest. It's also the only long-standing democracy in the region, and I damn well do give a crap if they become endangered.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 02-17-2011, 08:04 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
The "pharisaic state" that discriminates against who? The Christians? What planet are you living on, pal? Israel is our only ally in that region and does what it needs to do to survive. If you want to call that discrimination, be my guest. It's also the only long-standing democracy in the region, and I damn well do give a crap if they become endangered.
Let me put another perspective on this. The people living in Israel were forcibly evicted in many cases, by an incoming religious government, (agreeably more democratic in a procedural sense, but also mainly applicable only to their own religious faithful), organized and protected by a largely outside force (the UN, the US, etc). All this was accomplished under the idea that it was the jewish homeland previously.
So here in America, we have this mexican/aztlan indigeonous peoples claiming pretty much the same thing. That this was their homeland and they want to see it returned to them, including their government (whatever that ends up being, maybe once again democratic, but could also be a form of democracy that applies only to brown people or whatever)
The UN is always taking up their cause (migrant rights, immigrant rights, immigrant justice) and the US is failing to protect our borders as that demographic pours in, just as it happened to what is now Israel. When critical mass was reached, the rights of the previous inhabitants were diminished and dismissed in favor of those of the religious entity being "restored", until certain areas were partitioned off and a new country was formed and recognized by the UN.
What happened in what is now Israel could happen here. What is happening in Egypt could also happen here as a means to propel what happened in Israel. You use the underlying sentiment of hate and disatisfaction with a current government, coupled with the age of social media, and justified by the need to satisfy a centuries old grudge of injustice. You pack the streets with young indoctrinated minds who are egged on and justified by those who hold up their treatment by the government for crimes against the state as political persecution. Maybe some of it is too, all the better for propaganda.

If you scoff at the thought of a partitioned US, look no farther than the thousands of people that filled the streets of Los Angeles a few years ago during the immigrant rights protests. The catalyst is there, as are the numbers obviously, and the majority of them are imports similar to the inhabitants of Israel at the time of the partitioning. My thought is that the UN or whatever other entities that propels these changes in governmental structures just weren't ready for it at the time. In Egypt they were..or are.
If you look further into other counties in that region you'll see the same attempt, Libya, Bahrain, Jordan, etc. It's highly doubtful that all of these countries would experience an uprising at the same time without some outside influence propelling it. the odds just aren't with that any other way.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Patriotic Pragmatic

[QUOTE=Ayatollahgondola;14372]Let me put another perspective on this. The people living in Israel were forcibly evicted in many cases, by an incoming religious government, (agreeably more democratic in a procedural sense, but also mainly applicable only to their own religious faithful), organized and protected by a largely outside force (the UN, the US, etc). All this was accomplished under the idea that it was the jewish homeland previously.
So here in America, we have this mexican/aztlan indigeonous peoples claiming pretty much the same thing. That this was their homeland and they want to see it returned to them, including their government (whatever that ends up being, maybe once again democratic, but could also be a form of democracy that applies only to brown people or whatever)
The UN is always taking up their cause (migrant rights, immigrant rights, immigrant justice) and the US is failing to protect our borders as that demographic pours in, just as it happened to what is now Israel. When critical mass was reached, the rights of the previous inhabitants were diminished and dismissed in favor of those of the religious entity being "restored", until certain areas were partitioned off and a new country was formed and recognized by the UN.QUOTE]

Thanks for putting it so well.
I don't support anyone having their land invaded, being pushed out, and the world turning a blind eye.
We need to focus on things here in the USA not going the way things have before under this "social justice" global oligarchy.
The real social justice is respecting the rights of our people to National Sovereignty and Self-interest.

America First.
it's funny how those most aggresive of neo-con warhawks, refuse to acknowledge the war of invasion at our border. It almost seems as if they're worried about defending an entirely different country than our own.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Patriotic Pragmatic

The scary thing is that, I think this sort of unrest is rather inevitable.
too many young people on all sides of all debates feel like their voice doesn't count, are jobless, are pessimistic, and are in many cases starting to learn what real hunger is for the first time in their lives.

I think, all we can really do is focus on stopping the flood of illegal immigration and fighting the cultural mexicanization here in SoCal.
That way, when the unrest comes, the aftershocks will be better than the preshocks, to use a rather californian metaphor.