Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-14-2010, 08:03 PM

We are living in a different time, and desperate times call for desperate measures. If we stay on the same road we're on, and do not change our approach to dealing with the illegals, we will lose all. So is it better to give some to save the rest, or to not give any and lose it all?

Things just can's stay the same, and we can't keep the status quo.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa today View Post
Personally I feel this "profiling" Bs is way out of control

Since most illegal in Az and indeed in the US are hispanic , they should "reasonably" all be suspect

Besides , If I get pulled over I have to produce ID

And before anyone spouts off , I was "profiled" as looking like someone robbing 7-11s , I just produced my Id , explained where I was and where I was going and I was on my way.

If you want to put the heat on illegals , or the greatest amount of them , yes , you start profiling and you don't stop.
Sure, being pulled over and having to produce an ID is not the presumption of guilt. Yes, profiling is a fundamental part of criminal investigation. The word "profiling" has been twisted to mean something entirely different. It has been used to make people forget that at one time, you could be harrased by the police if you were found in a white neighborhood and you were an African American. And of course at one time in the Jim Crow south, it was genuinely against the law to be black and in certain places, using certain facilities that were supposed to be white only.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
We are living in a different time, and desperate times call for desperate measures. If we stay on the same road we're on, and do not change our approach to dealing with the illegals, we will lose all. So is it better to give some to save the rest, or to not give any and lose it all?

Things just can's stay the same, and we can't keep the status quo.
On this, I respectfully agree to disagree. It's a slippery slope once you start lowering LE standards. I refuse to give any essential liberties for temporary security.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
On this, I respectfully agree to disagree. It's a slippery slope once you start lowering LE standards. I refuse to give any essential liberties for temporary security.
Bottom line its simple , produce a valid ID , not a problem , I would think in most cases even without Id if your a legal resident it wouldn't be more than a minor inconvenience to produce "papers",

Nobody is talking about outlawing "mexicans" or anyone else , Or taking away anyones rights , (unless your here illegally)

"I refuse to give any essential liberties for temporary security"
As a legal citizen exactly what are you being ask to give up?
Old 04-15-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Bottom line its simple , produce a valid ID , not a problem , I would think in most cases even without Id if your a legal resident it wouldn't be more than a minor inconvenience to produce "papers",

Nobody is talking about outlawing "mexicans" or anyone else , Or taking away anyones rights , (unless your here illegally)

"I refuse to give any essential liberties for temporary security"
As a legal citizen exactly what are you being ask to give up?
I thought I made my concerns clear in my initial post. Was there something that you needed clarification on?
Old 04-15-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
I thought I made my concerns clear in my initial post. Was there something that you needed clarification on?
Yes there is

You sound like an illegal sympathizer

Bottom line legal Hispanics have little to fear , If ask for your id , it should be about a 2 minute deal and your on your way

Small price to pay to get rid of mass numbers of illegals

I had no problem being profiled and id'ed , why do you ?

Or is it the la raza thing ? You still have a soft spot for the invaders?(hispanic only)

What ever it takes guy , what ever it takes
Profile every hispanic in this country , you won't get an argument from me since they are the BIGGEST violators of immigration laws.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:05 PM

Cops are not pulling over people DWB. Probable cause still exists. What this law does is allow officers to ask immigration status when there is probable cause to stop someone. Anyone.
Before they could only do that if a crime was committed.

Great video! Arizona Senator Russell Pearce nails an open borders advocate.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/...ion.debate.cnn

Last edited by Mikell; 04-15-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:21 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Yes there is

Bottom line legal Hispanics have little to fear , If ask for your id , it should be about a 2 minute deal and your on your way

Or is it the la raza thing ? You still have a soft spot for the invaders?(hispanic only)

Profile every hispanic in this country , you won't get an argument from me since they are the BIGGEST violators of immigration laws.
Let's not turn this well intentioned event into a racial divide. As far as I can see, the AZ law was not meant to be used in conjunction with racial profiling. If they didn't intend that, then we shouldn't expand on their intent to include it. SOS does not condone any procedure that uses race as a tool for enforcement of laws. It matters not the race of the prime offenders of our immigration laws, because fairness and blind justice are to be preserved and practiced regardless. That's the law in California.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:24 PM

It is a given that some American born hispanics are going to be stopped in error. It is going to be an inconvenience in the hispanic community. The community, collectively, even if some in that community are as against criminal immigration as anyone could be.

That said, and I truly sympathize. I don't care. Cold and hard hearted that I am, I don't care.

Criminal immigrants take root in the hispanic community. They are helped, sheltered, many American born hispanics are members of advocacy organizations that teach all the ways to take advantage of our system. The criminals make friends. They all come attached to a sad story. Friends help them evade the law and avoid their responsibility. If anything, legal hispanics deserve to be inconvenienced which is a small penalty to the gigantic wrong they do to this country and its people. Hispanics who are in the best positions to identify and expose criminal immigrants don't. To me, they are just laying down with dogs and getting up scratching fleas.

To the miniscule number of hispanics that are fighting the border war, I applaud your efforts, you are suffering the inconvenience of howing identification and explaining your actions. As long as the facts are straight, it isn't law enforcement inconveniencing you. It's the criminal immigrants who made the actions by law enforcement necessary.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Yes there is

You have no idea to whom you are talking. Then again it's easy to toss flames like this from the safety of your keyboard. Besides you can ask just about anyone here about my contributions to this movement under the old SOS moniker.

Quote:

You have no problem, because you probably won't get stopped. I on the other would, and I believe that this sort of invasion by LE is a violation of the 4th and 5th Amendments.

Quote:
I am going to ignore this considering this has been said from the safety of anonymity. However, should you and meet in real time, then there will be a discussion of this insult, and it won't end peacefully. Nor will it end with you victorious.

Quote:
Why? Because you think we are not real Americans like you?