Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Municipalities

Municipalities Issues and information relating to cities and counties within California that are of interest to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-20-2010, 03:21 PM
SOS Associate

Default Watsonville Cited For Not Flouridating Water

I have to apologize for sounding like Nightingale a little here, but this forced water flouridation thing bothers the hell out of me

Quote:
The city of Watsonville has been cited by state health officials for failing to fluoridate its water supply.
http://www.sacbee.com/2010/08/20/297...r-failing.html
Old 08-20-2010, 04:56 PM
As seen on TV!

"Health advocates have been pushing fluoridation as a way to reduce tooth decay among Watsonville's low-income population".

It's been found that fluoride actually eats the teeths enamel, which causes further problems.
When I lived in a City that fluoridated it's water, I spent a ton of $$ on spring water, but now I have a well with water to die for..mmm..

Fluoride is a waste product of the aluminum smelting proccess, and so is fluoexetine...Prozac.

Hitler was really big on fluoridating water in the years before WW2.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:46 PM

I question a lot of what we eat. Who ever thought the chickens had something in the ovaries or intestines (as I heard on the media) that would harm us?
Old 08-20-2010, 08:42 PM

If they were really worried about people and their teeth, they would encourage people, and especially children to quit eating so much sugar. It's everywhere.

The breakfast food pimps serve up candy like it was real food at breakfast. Chocolate chip cookie breakfast cereal? That is just insane. And the so-called organic food marketers aren't that much better. Sugar, sugar, sugar. And sugar rots your teeth.

It's in a lot of more food that you would consider serious too. Salad dressing, barbecue sauce, ketchup. Look at the ingredients of the food you eat to see all the sugar that might be there. Corn syrup is sugar.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:09 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
If they were really worried about people and their teeth, they would encourage people, and especially children to quit eating so much sugar. It's everywhere.

The breakfast food pimps serve up candy like it was real food at breakfast. Chocolate chip cookie breakfast cereal? That is just insane. And the so-called organic food marketers aren't that much better. Sugar, sugar, sugar. And sugar rots your teeth.

It's in a lot of more food that you would consider serious too. Salad dressing, barbecue sauce, ketchup. Look at the ingredients of the food you eat to see all the sugar that might be there. Corn syrup is sugar.
Stimulants too. Caffein, nicotene and others. It constricts the small blood vessels and those feed the teeth, eyes, etc.
Flouride isn't about better teeth, but I'm not sure what it is about.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Flouride isn't about better teeth, but I'm not sure what it is about.
Seems like it was a good idea, about 55 or more years ago when it was starting. At that time no one would ever have had a bad thought about our handlers feeding junk to us.

Leave the sugar alone though, I don't think I could live with out it. I would certainly not be as happy as I am now. It is in a lot of things that I can't see the real value of it. Wonder how some of the foods would taste without the sugar?
Old 08-21-2010, 07:33 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Wonder how some of the foods would taste without the sugar?
Some would be unrecognizable. You'd likely stop eating many of them. Sugar, at least most of the processed ones anyway, are an addicting nuisance for most, and a poison for many.
Sugar free since the late 70's
Old 08-21-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Seems like it was a good idea, about 55 or more years ago when it was starting. At that time no one would ever have had a bad thought about our handlers feeding junk to us.

Leave the sugar alone though, I don't think I could live with out it. I would certainly not be as happy as I am now. It is in a lot of things that I can't see the real value of it. Wonder how some of the foods would taste without the sugar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Some would be unrecognizable. You'd likely stop eating many of them. Sugar, at least most of the processed ones anyway, are an addicting nuisance for most, and a poison for many.
Sugar free since the late 70's
Since the seventies? That's impressive. Do you just avoid sweets or do you watch for sugar in other stuff like meat and vegetables? Hams are cured with sugar and stuff like canned corn should be considered sweetened food. Fruit also has a lot of sugar, but it's not as bad if it is fresh. Canned fruit has a lot of added sugar. Preseasoned meat from the grocery store frequently have a lot of sugar in them, like preseasoned ribs.

Rim, it is tough kicking the stuff, but you've asked the right question, "Would I be eating this if it weren't sweetened?"

Refined sugar and corn syrup are modern inventions and should be considered drugs, except they have calories and we burn them like food. But sugar is a stimulant, it stimulates the pleasure centers in the brain. It also places a huge load on one's metabolism and a steady diet of sugar is a sure path to diabetes, much like a steady diet of saturated fats is a sure path to ateriosclorisis or a general corruption of your blood vessels. The two exposures together make things even worse.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:46 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Since the seventies? That's impressive. Do you just avoid sweets or do you watch for sugar in other stuff like meat and vegetables? Hams are cured with sugar and stuff like canned corn should be considered sweetened food. Fruit also has a lot of sugar, but it's not as bad if it is fresh. Canned fruit has a lot of added sugar. Preseasoned meat from the grocery store frequently have a lot of sugar in them, like preseasoned ribs..
Yeah, reading the labels is a must. You know what's hard to find? Beef jerky made without sweeteners. You pretty much have to make it yourself.

I mght add, that in relation to this thread, there's no label on our water
Old 08-21-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
It also places a huge load on one's metabolism and a steady diet of sugar is a sure path to diabetes, much like a steady diet of saturated fats is a sure path to ateriosclorisis or a general corruption of your blood vessels. The two exposures together make things even worse
Have to disagree on the diabetes, I was told when I was in my mid twenties that I was going to die from diabetes, I just kept the cookies up and here I am still here for many years.
I am not into the fats so maybe that has helped me.
BTW, I am still healthy.