Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Crime and Punishment

Crime and Punishment Crimes affecting our state and communities. Manhunts, wanted posters, Arrests, and sentences.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-28-2010, 07:39 AM

This is one touchy subject with me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meth, pot, and everything else that goes with it. Has anyone taken a walk in a cemetery? Too bad they don't say on the tomb stone what the person died from. Addiction will keep many going, more messed up and violent homes, more stealing, regardless of the price, more torn up homes and broken hearts. Easier for our children to get. I have a 13 and 15 year old and I'm like a drug undercover. It's scares me to think that they will get into that world. So far, so good.
I've seen people say that their children have died of heart attacks, when in fact it was due to an overdose. Pills are into this equation also.
Make it all legal, I love getting beaten up by a drug freak! Yes, and I've buried a few do to alcohol also.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:06 AM

With legalization, the distribution to children and the illicit grows and all the things that gangsters use to make black market profits will vanish, just like the violence and criminal power that we saw during the prohibition of alcohol.

And meanwhile we have a plague of "medical marijuana" dispensaries. These are nothing but places that sell pot for black market profits at black market prices to people who have a pet doctor who gave them a license to get stoned. That's all they are and we got them from a proposition. If you supported "medical marijuana", then you have a responsibility to clean up after yourself.

Vote yes for Proposition 19. We will see a crash in the street price of marijuana and we will see that suck the life out of organized crime. Marijuana distribution is one of the most profitable trades in organized crime. As a drug it requires little to no processing. You just grow it, pick the flowers off and sell it. At $50 a gram. 50$ for one gram!. You know how much a Snicker's bar weighs? Almost 60 grams! (2 ounces) At $50 a gram, a Snicker's bar would cost $3,000. This is the black market and the black market is created by criminalization of the item being marketed. Decriminalize the market and black market prices crash hard.

Vote yes for Proposition 19 and take pot out of the schools and off the streets and kick the anti-establishment/gangster chic into the rubbish heap where it is long past due.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:22 AM

I voted for medical use of the weed once when I thought it would be used for medical purposes. I got a bunch of places where the recreational users can go and get what they want. I will never fall for that BS again, never.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I voted for medical use of the weed once when I thought it would be used for medical purposes. I got a bunch of places where the recreational users can go and get what they want. I will never fall for that BS again, never.
If you are opposed to Prop 19, what do you think should be done about the "medical marijuana" dispensaries?
Old 07-28-2010, 02:37 PM
As seen on TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
With legalization, the distribution to children and the illicit grows and all the things that gangsters use to make black market profits will vanish, just like the violence and criminal power that we saw during the prohibition of alcohol.

And meanwhile we have a plague of "medical marijuana" dispensaries. These are nothing but places that sell pot for black market profits at black market prices to people who have a pet doctor who gave them a license to get stoned. That's all they are and we got them from a proposition. If you supported "medical marijuana", then you have a responsibility to clean up after yourself.

Vote yes for Proposition 19. We will see a crash in the street price of marijuana and we will see that suck the life out of organized crime. Marijuana distribution is one of the most profitable trades in organized crime. As a drug it requires little to no processing. You just grow it, pick the flowers off and sell it. At $50 a gram. 50$ for one gram!. You know how much a Snicker's bar weighs? Almost 60 grams! (2 ounces) At $50 a gram, a Snicker's bar would cost $3,000. This is the black market and the black market is created by criminalization of the item being marketed. Decriminalize the market and black market prices crash hard.

Vote yes for Proposition 19 and take pot out of the schools and off the streets and kick the anti-establishment/gangster chic into the rubbish heap where it is long past due.
I agree, legalizing it will drive the Cartel out of Our State Parks/National Parks-forrests.
But like AG noted, it will probably swing Them into more meth/heroin. trafficking.
I voted for medical cannabis back in '96, and saw every thing in the book on how to abuse the system, I knew plenty of Folks with absolutely nothing wrong with Them get a 'reccomendaion", and set-up lights, and make about $3600 a lb, some counties have extremely lax regulations on growing, my County does'nt, 6 plants, or You go to jail, no profit to be made.
But when the Cartels started up bussiness growing in Ca. the price dropped to about $2000-$2500, even the "Old-School" growers up in the Emerald triangle closed-up shop, and all of those Counties are doing really bad as far as roads, schools, etc.
You'll see tons of pregnant illegals, but not a male to be seen, untill harvest, then They're all- over the place, up in Mendo/Humboldt.
Even the high School in My ancestral homeTown of covelo was closed on opening week because of the rumor of major gang fights between locals, and anchor-babies.
the old Growers bought, and spent Their cash locally.
The cartel Growers get Their supplies at places like Granger, in Barstow, or Fresno, and ship it in...I've found tons of irrigation tubing, water bladders, and such just hiking in My neck of the woods, and I usually destroy it, or remove it, or report it.
From what I know, the "dispensaries" charge about $35-$60 and 1/8th of an ounce, more for certain specialty strains, but $50 a gram?..no.

I think that Cap&trade, and the smartmeters are going to put a major dent in indoor growing.

Last edited by Commander Bunny; 07-28-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:07 PM

$35 for an eighth is still $560 for a Snicker's bar.

You missed the point about the profitability of black market marijuana. All the other drugs require some kind of elaborate processing which is time consuming and expensive and the stuff cannot move without it. Even heroin comes from opium, which is extremely simple to move. You just slice the poppy pods, collect it and move it. And opium has been a real misery as a black market drug. But the economics of drug distribution now require processing and you can't get raw opium any more, you get heroin which is a complicated chemical extract of opium. All this processing is a huge risk and cuts into the profits of organized crime, but they can't move it without it.

Marijuana has no such expense. You just grow it, pick it and ship it at $35 dollars for an eighth of an ounce.

Legalization will be a dramatic blow to the cartels. Where do you think the "dispensaries" are getting their drugs from? Seriously, do you really believe that local growers are growing it all themselves, that they sprung up like magic elves to help the poor sick stoners who couldn't make it without it? Sure, the stuff is being laundered through people dispensed to grow it. They knew who the cartels were long before the dispensaries came along.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
If you are opposed to Prop 19, what do you think should be done about the "medical marijuana" dispensaries?
Let the doctors who write the prescription, dispense it!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:41 PM
As seen on TV!

Quote:
$35 for an eighth is still $560 for a Snicker's bar.

You missed the point about the profitability of black market marijuana. All the other drugs require some kind of elaborate processing which is time consuming and expensive and the stuff cannot move without it. Even heroin comes from opium, which is extremely simple to move. You just slice the poppy pods, collect it and move it. And opium has been a real misery as a black market drug. But the economics of drug distribution now require processing and you can't get raw opium any more, you get heroin which is a complicated chemical extract of opium. All this processing is a huge risk and cuts into the profits of organized crime, but they can't move it without it.

Marijuana has no such expense. You just grow it, pick it and ship it at $35 dollars for an eighth of an ounce.

Legalization will be a dramatic blow to the cartels. Where do you think the "dispensaries" are getting their drugs from? Seriously, do you really believe that local growers are growing it all themselves, that they sprung up like magic elves to help the poor sick stoners who couldn't make it without it? Sure, the stuff is being laundered through people dispensed to grow it. They knew who the cartels were long before the dispensaries came along.
No, I don't believe that the local Ma & Pa Growers are selling it to the clubs, there's no, or little profit to the risk factor in that when the Cartel flooded the market with $2000lb pot, I actually agree with You on that post.
There is albiet rather simple, a correct proccess in the harvesting of cannabis, You do it wrong, You waste Your crop's value, just like the reason pot grown in Mexico is called "dirt weed"..they messed that up.
High-end pot has to be hung & dried to about 10% moisture content, then manicured properly, a very laborious task, if You've got tons of it.
The going rate for a illegal (usually women) manicurer is around $20/hr up north.
In most Countries they just rub the plant for it's resins, and toss the whole plant away.
From what I hear, most clubs won't even buy outdoor cannabis, indoor has much more potency, and the cartels even in on that as well, do a search for "diesle-doping"..the Cartel's been running 5KW-10KW diesle generators for lights in semi buried, or covered greenhouses, or Quanset huts for years now, and let's them get a crop, or two in before the weather gets nice enough to rape the parklands..
Counties up north have put dye-markers in batches of fuel, and have found remnants flowing into Eureka bay from rivers, that flow into creeks, and alot of times they do catch these guys.

Last edited by Commander Bunny; 07-28-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Bunny View Post
No, I don't believe that the local Ma & Pa Growers are selling it to the clubs, there's no, or little profit to the risk factor in that when the Cartel flooded the market with $2000lb pot, I actually agree with You on that post.

There is albiet rather simple, a correct proccess in the harvesting of cannabis, You do it wrong, You waste Your crop's value, just like the reason pot grown in Mexico is called "dirt weed"..they messed that up.
High-end pot has to be hung & dried to about 10% moisture content, then manicured properly, a very laborious task, if You've got tons of it.
The going rate for a illegal (usually women) manicurer is around $20/hr up north.

In most Countries they just rub the plant for it's resins, and toss the whole plant away.

From what I hear, most clubs won't even buy outdoor cannabis, indoor has much more potency, and the cartels even in on that as well, do a search for "diesle-doping"..the Cartel's been running 5KW-10KW diesle generators for lights in semi buried, or covered greenhouses, or Quanset huts for years now, and let's them get a crop, or two in before the weather gets nice enough to rape the parklands..

Counties up north have put dye-markers in batches of fuel, and have found remnants flowing into Eureka bay from rivers, that flow into creeks, and alot of times they do catch these guys.
Manicuring buds is for when you are selling buds. I don't think street sales includes buds. And buds are pretty delicate. They don't move far without breaking up.

When you rub the flowers, this is rubbed hashish which is rare and expensive and does not represent the serious money in the marijuana black market. Seived hashish is more common and is still pretty rare on the street. Proposition 19 does not confront the issue of hashish -- an ommision if you ask me, especially since hashish is the more traditional way of distributing cannabis as a drug.

It remains. Marijuana is the easy money part of dope dealing for the cartels. Take it away with Proposition 19 and it will be a real blow to the economy driving the civil war down in Mexico and a good part of the economy of illegal immigration from the same place.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:29 AM

Yes, by any means, let us make it legal. Then, some years down the road, some ones 10 year old is sitting in his/her class room in a daze. They are not learning very much today as it is.

I will continue to try and protect children and stupid adults by voting against anything that is a danger to ones health, physical or mental.