Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-27-2010, 03:46 PM
SOS Associate

Default California State Senator Calls For AZ Boycott

Had to happen.

I think we should get very active and very vocal about this

Quote:
Steinberg Sends Letter to Governor Urging California to Sever Economic Ties with Arizona
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Senate President pro Tempore Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento) today sent a letter to Governor Schwarzenegger proposing that California do everything legally possible to sever its economic ties with the State of Arizona until that state's newly enacted racial profiling law is repealed.

Specifically, Steinberg requested that the Governor provide information about "all existing and proposed contracts between the state of California and any businesses or governments in Arizona" so that it can be determined "whether we can legally break any of our existing contracts, and also ensure that no new contracts are negotiated until Arizona's law is effectively repealed."

The text of the letter is below:

April 27, 2010

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
State Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA 95814

Dear Governor Schwarzenegger,

I am sure you are aware that the state of Arizona recently enacted legislation that attempts to legalize racial profiling by requiring law enforcement to try to determine the immigration status of anyone they suspect of being in the country illegally. I have serious doubts that Arizona’s new law is constitutional, but it could take months or years for a final resolution of this question in the courts.

As a border state, the impact of the Arizona law will surely have reverberations in California. And given the threat the Arizona law poses to public safety and individual freedoms, I believe we can’t afford to wait for the courts to resolve the legal questions it presents. I think we have a moral obligation to deliver an unequivocal message to lawmakers in Arizona that California does not condone its conduct.

The regulation of immigration is exclusively the province of the federal government, and the Arizona law threatens to undermine basic civil liberties guaranteed to all Americans – regardless of immigration status. By effectively authorizing law enforcement to arrest and interrogate anybody they believe looks “different,” no person in Arizona can feel assured that they will be able to live their lives freely.

The Arizona law is as unconscionable as it is unconstitutional, and the state of California should not be using taxpayer dollars to support such a policy. For that reason, I respectfully request that you provide me with information about all existing and proposed contracts between the state of California and any businesses or governments in Arizona. I would like for our respective legal staffs to work together to determine whether we can legally break any of our existing contracts, and also ensure that no new contracts are negotiated until Arizona’s law is effectively repealed.

Sincerely,

DARRELL STEINBERG
President pro Tempore of the Senate
Sixth Senate District

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 04-27-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Had to happen.

I think we should get very active and very vocal about this
Well he's up in your district so shove it in his face AG.

Maybe we should consider having some in your face down here as well.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:02 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Well he's up in your district so shove it in his face AG.
Yes he is, and his office is in a very low income, high unemployment area. What a turd....grandstanding POS
Old 04-28-2010, 08:06 AM

I just made a big order for supplies. I chose an AZ company just for this purpose.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Maybe we should consider having some in your face down here as well.
I just posted in Associates in Action that I have reconsiderd and will try to make it if you get anything going. Would it be Jean, Glory, SZ/DA,Rim05 and who ever I might find to do my driving? No go for me unless I find a driver.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
I just made a big order for supplies. I chose an AZ company just for this purpose.
Thank you Kathy, everything helps!!!!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:20 PM
As seen on TV!

Gavin newsom is trying to do the same thing, He's even trying to ban SF City/County employees from going to AZ. as well.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Gavin newsom is trying to do the same thing, He's even trying to ban SF City/County employees from going to AZ. as well.
What can you expect from that Loser. I wonder how he thinks he can ban a City or County employee from going any place if it is not on government time. Total Loon, and he wants to be Lt. Governor.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:54 AM

On Tuesday John and Ken are going to be broadcasting from Arizona due to the call for Arizona boycotts. The backlash is more money pouring into Arizona in support. The phone lines to my supplier were busy for an hour with orders coming in. A girl from my class changed her plans for an art workshop. She was scheduled to go to upstate Washington. She cancelled that for a workshop in Sedona.

I'm writing Darrel Steinberg and telling him that the calls for boycott is what prompted me to throw my business to Arizona rather than California or Nevada. The way to handle this is to let them know that your money will be used to support anti illegal immigration efforts. You will be ordering your needs from stores in Arizona. Whether you really do or not.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:13 AM

Quote:
On Tuesday John and Ken are going to be broadcasting from Arizona due to the call for Arizona boycotts. The backlash is more money pouring into Arizona in support. The phone lines to my supplier were busy for an hour with orders coming in. A girl from my class changed her plans for an art workshop. She was scheduled to go to upstate Washington. She cancelled that for a workshop in Sedona.

I'm writing Darrel Steinberg and telling him that the calls for boycott is what prompted me to throw my business to Arizona rather than California or Nevada. The way to handle this is to let them know that your money will be used to support anti illegal immigration efforts. You will be ordering your needs from stores in Arizona. Whether you really do or not.
All good ideas and so good to hear that J&K will broadcast in AZ.
I wonder how long it will take to make them realize we are ANGRY?