Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Crime and Punishment

Crime and Punishment Crimes affecting our state and communities. Manhunts, wanted posters, Arrests, and sentences.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-20-2010, 08:34 PM

Default Mexifornia State Flower - Revisited

On the previous forum I had a running thread about the proliferation of Marijuana grows in my reletively quiet neck of the woods. It continues seemingly without abatement as this recent article from The Record-Searchlight illustrates.

I am not a consumer, but I will be voting in favor of legalization of pot for the sole purpose of stifling the growth of illicit Mexican cartel activity in the forest lands nearby.

http://www.redding.com/news/2010/jul...a-county-mont/

Quote:
300K marijuana plants destroyed in Shasta County this month
By Ryan Sabalow

Originally published 10:28 a.m., July 20, 2010
Updated 10:28 a.m., July 20, 2010

It’s been a busy month so far in the efforts to eradicate illegal marijuana gardens in the north state's backcountry.

Nearly 300,000 marijuana plants have been pulled from illegal gardens in Shasta County so far this month, said Sgt. Steve Solus, who heads the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office marijuana eradication efforts.

Solus said the busts will easily eclipse the record number of 630,000 plants pulled in Shasta County last year.

“We only got started last month” because of a late spring, Solus said.

Law enforcement officials have pulled more than 92,000 plants from illegal gardens in the Shasta-Trinity National Forest this month alone, forest spokeswoman Rita Vollmer said today.

The largest garden was near Hayfork, in which 46,000 plants were found in a single garden, Vollmer said.

Forest service law enforcement officers also arrested one man, Gauldry Almonte-Hernandez, of Mexico who ran during a raid on July 9 near Hayfork, Vollmer said.

Solus said that his agents have arrested around 20 suspects in connection with the grows. Most the suspects were Mexican growers arrested on suspicion of federal drug trafficking charges, he said.