Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

Immigration Pushed To The Forefront Again.... Thanks! To Everyone Who Has Propelled This Issue To Its' Rightful Position. Years Of Hard Work Are Paying Off.....Keep Up The Good Work!......
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Borderwatch Borderwatch is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 375
Default Protest at Laker Game Monday

The Illegal Alien Supporters are going to Protest Phil Jackson at the Laker game Monday. I mention this because John and Ken talked about it and they are going to try to have a reporter there. So you live in LA and you can go by and support Arizona, you might get an interview on KFI.

http://orangejuiceblog.com/2010/05/p...ter-on-may-17/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Jeanfromfillmore's Avatar
Jeanfromfillmore Jeanfromfillmore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,287
Default

Thanks for the info, but I say out of LA. I don't even want to use my gas in that town.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-14-2010, 10:27 PM
MowMyOwn MowMyOwn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderwatch View Post
The Illegal Alien Supporters are going to Protest Phil Jackson at the Laker game Monday. I mention this because John and Ken talked about it and they are going to try to have a reporter there. So you live in LA and you can go by and support Arizona, you might get an interview on KFI.

http://orangejuiceblog.com/2010/05/p...ter-on-may-17/
This is laughable. The only thing I'm aware of that Phil Jackson said was he didn't think the NBA should be involved in the politics.

These protesters are making fools of themselves.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-15-2010, 04:31 AM
Rim05 Rim05 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: So CA
Posts: 1,222
Default

Quote:
This is laughable. The only thing I'm aware of that Phil Jackson said was he didn't think the NBA should be involved in the politics.

These protesters are making fools of themselves.
You are so right. I do hope Phil Jackson, the Laker team and fans stay out of the political stuff. There are many Hispanic fans at the games so you know they want to start some of the usual trash.
They have been making fools of them selves for years, that is all they know.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-15-2010, 08:25 AM
Patriotic Army Mom Patriotic Army Mom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 829
Default

They will do more stupid stuff and wake up a million more Americans!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Kathy63 Kathy63 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMyOwn View Post
This is laughable. The only thing I'm aware of that Phil Jackson said was he didn't think the NBA should be involved in the politics.

These protesters are making fools of themselves.
According to a report I heard, that is exactly what they are protesting.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-16-2010, 03:46 PM
MowMyOwn MowMyOwn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy63 View Post
According to a report I heard, that is exactly what they are protesting.
That's why it's laughable. . . Alvin Gentry (the Suns coach) stayed mum on the issue too, it's not their position. This is the playoffs, the coaches know the focus is to be on the trophy, not making political statements.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Jeanfromfillmore's Avatar
Jeanfromfillmore Jeanfromfillmore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowMyOwn View Post
That's why it's laughable. . . Alvin Gentry (the Suns coach) stayed mum on the issue too, it's not their position. This is the playoffs, the coaches know the focus is to be on the trophy, not making political statements.
I believe what is being pointed to is the reconquestas are protesting because they want all sports to become involved in their reconquest. Sports today are not about the sport anymore, its become a vicarious way to feel power transferred from a sports team. That's why gangs identify with them. The sport itself is a commercial enterprise. Real love for the games are played where money isn't exchanged.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-16-2010, 11:23 PM
MowMyOwn MowMyOwn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 165
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I believe what is being pointed to is the reconquestas are protesting because they want all sports to become involved in their reconquest. Sports today are not about the sport anymore, its become a vicarious way to feel power transferred from a sports team. That's why gangs identify with them. The sport itself is a commercial enterprise. Real love for the games are played where money isn't exchanged.
This has got to be one of the nuttiest posts I've ever seen.

Really. . . seriously. . . you're giving way too much credit to the fringe.


Last edited by MowMyOwn; 05-16-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-16-2010, 09:43 PM
DerailAmnesty.com DerailAmnesty.com is offline
"SZinWestLA"
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,003
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderwatch View Post
The Illegal Alien Supporters are going to Protest Phil Jackson at the Laker game Monday. I mention this because John and Ken talked about it and they are going to try to have a reporter there. So you live in LA and you can go by and support Arizona, you might get an interview on KFI.

http://orangejuiceblog.com/2010/05/p...ter-on-may-17/

That's hilarious. Phil Jackson. Somehow I don't get the impression he's a charter member of the John Birch Society or someone the GOP is exactly counting on for campaign contributions.

They're getting desperate. They're running out of complaints to make.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright SaveOurState 2009 - 2016 All Rights Reserved