Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2013, 09:16 PM

Default Strange disconnect between Democrat leaders and Liberal rank and file

I've loosely been monitoring the coverage of the Senate amnesty bill from popular Democratic party web sites. Mostly I've been viewing the Huffington Post and the Daily Kos. From what I've seen there's been very little coverage of it, and when there is an article, it's met with rather weak interest in the comment sections.
Compare the lack of interest on the Daily Kos and the Huffington Post to our side. Articles about the amnesty legislation in the MSM typically get thousands of comments, overwhelmingly all the comments are very passionate in their opposition to the bill and to any type of legalization.

The Democrat politicians in the House and Senate are almost unanimous in their support for passing amnesty for illegal aliens, yet judging from the coverage of the bill in the Senate as it is reported on the Huffington Post and the Daily KOS, it seems there is really very little interest among the rank and file members.

One sees a lot of coverage, usually very pro amnesty articles from the MSM, especially from groups like the Associated Press, but on the Liberal blogs, where Liberal loyalists like to blog, hang-out and post comments, the interest is extremely low.

In other words it appears to me to be extremely important to the Democrat politicians and the "Party" leaders, but the majority of the rank and file Liberal Democrats seem to have little interest in the subject.

I have many Democrat relatives, friends, and coworkers, and from what I can tell they too have little interest in the subject. I even think they would be stunned to find out that their party is so supportive of legalization. Of course they would also find the subject extremely mean spirited and think it shouldn't really be talked about publicly.

Has anyone else seen an incredible lack of interest in the Senate amnesty bill from their liberal friends?

Last edited by Greg in LA; 06-17-2013 at 10:33 PM.