Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-03-2010, 11:31 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Default San Dimas Rally in support of AZ

Robin and Ray orchestrated an event that garnered more attendance than any of us were expecting. Apparently, it received a mention on the NumbersUSA website and, consequently, we had about 40 people rather than around a dozen.

Flags (both U.S. and Ariz.) whipped around in the breeze on Foothill Blvd. and signs were grandly displayed that voiced support for our immediate neighbor to the southeast.

That area of So. Calif. is largely composed of well-kept middle-class homes, so antagonism or derision from locals and the motoring public was practically non-existent. In fact, when I parked on what I quickly learned was a "no-parking" private street in a nearby cul-de-sac, the locals were so delighted with the signs I was pulling out of the trunk of my car, that they let me pull my automobile into one of their driveways for a couple hours.

A couple of people from the press came to report on our escapades in front of Congressman Dreier's office, and here is a link to some of the photos that were snapped by a photographer from the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin (can't say I'm particularly thrilled w/ the designation of "anti immigration supporters"):

http://dailybulletin.mycapture.com/m...tegoryID=26461
Old 07-03-2010, 06:38 PM

Thanks for the pictures. Robin, Ray and their little group really do work hard. I am glad they had a good turn out in San Dimas. Thanks for being there.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:28 PM

Yes, it was a great rally. As I have family down in that city, it impressed me so much, that there were so many American Flags on so many houses all over the place. It felt like America! Thank you NumbersUSA. About 3 different people found out about the rally and decided to come out and see what it was all about. One lady told me, that she was tired of ranting at home alone. Hopefully these people will join us on many others. At least they know that they are not alone.
SZ, you forgot to mention the 4 or 5 patrol cars. Those of us who are seniors sure stir up a lot of trouble! One woman there was 90 years old and in her glory.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Thanks for the pictures. Robin, Ray and their little group really do work hard. I am glad they had a good turn out in San Dimas. Thanks for being there.
Hard to believe Charlean would not let anyone post anything about them when she was running things.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Hard to believe Charlean would not let anyone post anything about them when she was running things.
I went to their events/protests any way. I was there and supported them and that is what counts.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:56 PM

I did the same Rimo!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:59 PM

Robin and Ray always step up to the plate. They’re great people for the cause. SOS was originally supportive of all who worked against illegal immigration. But as we all know, things changed toward the end of the old SOS.

Our new organization supports all who work toward ending this invasion and a government who has turned a blind eye to what is happening. We encourage others to advertise on our board, and by doing so promote their own affiliations, such as Sam’s board over at Derail Amnesty. Derail Amnesty which has flourished and continues to use our resources, which is what we would hope all organizations are willing to share their space to help promote others.

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 07-06-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:24 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN View Post

No it's not. She repeatedly cut off valuable assets/allies when she deemed it to be in her personal best interest. That's ultimately what drove the former entity into obscurity. She peed into the Cheerios of too many "doers," and in the last 18 months she did it pretty consistently. You can't alienate too many folks who consistently show up and "produce." There just aren't that many readily available replacements. AP77, Mac, Pocho, the Campo folks, etc. etc. ... those losses hurt when you have a pretty limited pool of reliables to begin with.