Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-26-2013, 08:24 PM

Default McCain says amnesty won't gain us a single Hispanic vote

McCain said in an interview with the Christian Science Monitor that "Immigration reform won't gain us a single Hispanic vote".
Can you believe this!
We've been screaming about this for years and nobody believes us.

This is why I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall.
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/04/2...-process-down/
Old 04-27-2013, 06:03 AM

McCain spoke the truth in those few words, then sells himself down the river by endorsing amnesty.

And someone please give a definition of just what a "Latino" really is. The meaning seems to shift around according convenience of the moment or degree of bigotry either way.

It seems that one thing - maybe the only thing - that conniving Democrats; bumbling Republicans; white racists; brown racists; the media; clergy; hospital administrators; "educators" and the like can agree on:

The preposterous notion that everyone with a Spanish last name and a brown skin is all the same clone, from political conviction to expression of ethnic nationalism.

Except for when it concerns someone like the Pope. An old white man from South America elected to the Papacy by a collection of old white men from Europe is now considered to be a "Latino" with none of the usual babbling about "white privilege" and "white racism".

Are we now a nation comprised totally of self contradicting, raving lunatics, or am I just missing something here?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 04-27-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:19 PM

"Are we now a nation comprised totally of self contradicting, raving lunatics, or am I just missing something here? "

I've been wondering about that myself. In regard to the insanity level of the country, The conclusion that I have come to is I think the number of rational American people who are not mired down in debt, bankruptcy, addiction, and overwhelming personal problems are not the majority of the population like it once was.

As for the term "Latino", There is no group more Latin than Italians, yet they aren't they called Latino?

I don't think Mexicans, Central Americans, Spanish speaking Caribbean people and South Americans have yet found a term that effectively describes them.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in LA View Post

I don't think Mexicans, Central Americans, Spanish speaking Caribbean people and South Americans have yet found a term that effectively describes them.
They have self descriptions.

Mexicano
Guatemalteco
Hondureno
Salvadoreno
Nicaraguense
Costarricense
Panameno
Venezolano
Colombiano
Ecuadorano
Boliviano
Peruano
Chileno
Argentino
Paraguayo
Uruguayo
Cubano
Puerto Riqueno
Brasilero

They identify by nationality. It is only when they enter the United States that they are referred to as "Latino" or "Hispanic", and they can be of any race or racial mixture. Mexican parents fret about their foreign and American born children becoming Americanized, Central American immigrant parents fret about their children being Mexicanized in the United States.

Some Americans with Mexican ancestry who self describe as "Latino" get upset that a black person from Santo Domingo can be described in the US as "Latino" or "Hispanic". While a Puerto Rican (on the island) might describe himself as "Latino", I believe that has filtered back to the island by virtue of it being a US possession. Some southwestern brown racists with Mexican ancestry find it a sore point that Cubans and Puerto Ricans find a place in the National Council of La Raza's agenda by virtue of being described as "Latino" or "Hispanic", they think it's all about a "Chicano struggle". Some Puerto Ricans have their own ethnic nationalist thing concerning Puerto Rican independence, and it has nothing to do with "Aztlan", Mexico, or the Southwestern United States.

And, in some cases, crowding these different nationalities together could sometimes be like mixing ants from different colonies, they often don't get along.

"Latino" and "Hispanic" are terms which are so broad as to be meaningless yet so flexible they can be used to support just about any agenda, because ultimately a person from any race, culture, language, etc, etc, etc could be described as "Latino" or "Hispanic".

The word "Mexican" is nearly meaningless. Many people with generations in the United States are considered by themselves and others of US nationality to be "Mexican" - most Mexican nationals (citizens of Mexico) would never entertain such a thought. It's like an "African American" visiting any country in Africa, the locals would view him simply as an American.

On the other hand, some years ago a junior high school girl started her letter to the editor defending her playing hooky from school on "a day without a Mexican" with "I am of the Mexican race..."

I thought we had a chance to achieve Martin Luther King's dream that we could all be judged by content of character rather than color of skin, but the obsession with race from every race in the United States seems to be precluding that notion.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 04-28-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:01 PM

The part that your wrote about Martin Luther King, and judging people by their character sounds great, but it's not working because the race grievance industry is just too damn lucrative.

Getting racial spoils from the government is a lot easier than producing a product that makes a profit.