Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-15-2012, 07:39 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Default Northridge, on Tuesday at 6:30 PM

POLICE COMMISSION MEETING

http://www.kfiam640.com/pages/jk2010.html

Stop LAPD from changing their impound policy for unlicensed drivers! Voice your opinion!

WHAT: Victims of unlicensed drivers to speak at Police Commission meeting
WHEN: Tuesday, January 17 - 6:30PM
WHERE: St. Nicholas Church, 9501 Balboa Boulevard Northridge, California
WHO: Victims of unlicensed drivers, community members upset with proposed changes to LAPD policy
WHY: To discuss the impact to Los Angeles on the proposed changes to the 30-day hold law.

Dozens of victims and community residents upset with proposed changes to LAPD’s impound policy for unlicensed drivers will speak at the Los Angeles Board of Police Commission meeting being held in the community.
The speakers will echo the comments of over 3000 people who have contacted Mayor Villaraigosa and the City Council to oppose the planned change in policy regarding 30-day impoundments of vehicles operated by unlicensed drivers. So far, over 1500 people have visited and asked the City to reconsider changes to policy that puts politics above public safety. www.publicsafetyfirst.com/psfcontact2011

The victims speaking will tell the Commission that ending the 30-day impound policy would be ill-advised and threatens public safety. Of the roughly 40,000 fatal car crashes each year, 20 percent involve a driver without a valid driver's license, according to a study conducted for the American Automobile Association (AAA). That's about 8,000 drivers who should not have been on the road and according to the AAA, car impoundment is a strong deterrent.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 213-236-1400

---------------------

Ron Gochez wants the "punishment to fit the crime."

http://www.dailynews.com/crime/ci_19732629
Old 01-15-2012, 09:20 AM

What next ? Will The Thug and Beck send buses to the border to transport the Illegal Criminals to Los Angeles so they will not have to sneak in or be subjuct to any hard ship?

I would be willing to bet, if I was caught with out my license, MY CAR WOULD BE IMPOUNDED.
With out a doubt I believe there are more crimes committed by illegals than legal people. Please note, I did not refer to any race.

I do hope that meeting will be packed to over flowing with legal citizens.

Folks, this is your chance to have your voice heard.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:01 PM

Anyone living in or near Northridge should go.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:42 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Hundreds showed up to an event in the SFV that, w/o the John & Ken KFI boosterism, would have been lucky to attract a couple dozen. Here is what some folks had to say in opposition to the new LAPD policy that will make it easier for illegal aliens to remain behind the wheel on California's roads and highways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_yLj84bH5o

--------- ------------- --------------- -------------
From The Daily News

Crowd protests impound change
By Dana Bartholomew, Staff Writer
Posted: 01/17/2012 08:32:14 PM PST

When Los Angeles police commissioners in Northridge asked for public opinion, they got an angry earful Tuesday about a pending plan to go easy on unlicensed drivers, mostly illegal immigrants.

Residents, concerned about plans to halt a policy of 30-day car holds for first offenders, jammed St. Nicholas Church in Northridge to express their outrage. Some 300 people filled the church's auditorium seats, with another 100 forced to stand in the back and dozens more prevented from squeezing in the building.

"Cars driven by an unlicensed driver should be impounded for 30 days," said Sharon Brewer of Reseda. "If you can't pay the fine, avoid the crime. Walk, ride or take the bus."

The police proposal to ease car impounds for unlicensed motorists has sparked intense debate about public safety, state law and the punishment of unlicensed drivers.

Police Chief Charlie Beck said he will soon stop the 30-day seizures, which he deems a hardship on illegal immigrants who face $1,500 towing bills and who need their cars to support their families.

The change, planned sometime this month, would lift the 30-day impound for unlicensed drivers, unless their licenses had been revoked or suspended.

Instead of being towed, cars of any first offenders could be retrieved by the registered owner or a licensed driver, given a "reasonable" amount of time.

The chief, supported by Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and immigrant advocacy groups, dubs it a simple change in police procedure. Opponents, including San Fernando Valley Councilman Mitchell Englander and local police unions, call it a major change in public policy - and a dire threat to public safety.

"This (turnout) is spectacular," Englander said.

"This is not a mere procedural change. I believe this policy change will make all of us less safe, all our families less safe. I feel we must all take action."

They say it challenges a state law enacted 18 years ago, considered the harshest ever against unlicensed drivers.

Instead of being decided by the chief, they say the 30-day impound change should be carefully weighed by elected officials, as well as the police commission.

Despite various police presentations, the commission has so far declined to rule on the 30-day hold.

The massive turnout in the church auditorium was encouraged by a weeklong drumbeat by radio talk show duo John Kobylt and Ken Chiampou of KFI AM (640).

It was also sparked by the death of a 60-year-old woman pedestrian killed in Panorama City last month by a car driven by an unlicensed driver.

Few in the crowd were there to speak in favor of the policy change.

Beck told the crowd he could not directly address the impound issue because it was not on the Police Commission agenda. But he told the crowd he was listening to them.

"What you say is important," Beck said. "I know there are decisions being made right now that affect a great number of people - but nothing's set in stone. What you say matters."

------------ ------------ ----------

Network Coverage

KNBC: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/video/#...vers/137536038

Annenberg: http://www.neontommy.com/news/2012/0...igration-issue

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 01-18-2012 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:25 AM
"SZinWestLA"

And of course, the obligatory remarks by the illegal alien cheerleaders ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9HLFPgni48
Old 01-18-2012, 05:45 AM

I am glad there were so many there. I would like to ask why any one needs a license, except we have to pay for it. I don't really see how we can have any law and exempt some from it.
Why would an american such as Beck be for letting Illegals go free? If any Legal person gets an impound, I do hope it will be reported.

I am having some home repairs and I can assure you that any one stopped comming to work will have a DL.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:58 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Whale Alert, halfway through this report: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ-IPppllD0

Also, story appearing in local paper: http://chatsworth.patch.com/articles...d-policy-alone