Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 09-22-2010, 05:54 PM

Default The Tea Party schedules a rally in Beverly Hills (Sunday)

OMG, will the Hollywood liberals still be standing come Sunday night?

A band of LA conservatives is planning the first ever official Tea Party rally this Sunday afternoon in Beverly Hills, that sunken swamphole of lavish homes and billionaires who've likely lost millions during these difficult economic times.Pat Boone

According to the announcement, Pat Boone, Victoria Jackson, Ben Stein, Connie Stevens and other surviving conservatives will gather at Beverly Hills Park on Santa Monica Blvd. starting at 2 p.m. for a rally, speeches, music and other political folderol associated with such outdoor events during a midterm election season.

The grassroots, anti-establishment political rebellion is named for the revolutionary era Boston Tea Party that tried to blame native Americans for its unauthorized tax-protesting ship-unloading into Boston harbor. The modern version began began in early 2009 in shock over the scale of federal spending under the Obama administration and the anticipated tax consequences of same.

It has gained nationwide strength in ensuing months as an in-your-face challenge to Washington establishment types emitting political directives to states on political preferences. And it's produced a series of surprising primary upsets this year, with former governor Sarah Palin as its most celebrated advocate. See Palin's latest campaign video celebrating the Tea Party movement here.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:02 PM

Connie Stevens? Wow. I thought she was dead. I had a hopeless crush on her when I was a teenager.

I'll sure be there. Thanks for posting.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:40 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Connie Stevens? Wow. I thought she was dead. I had a hopeless crush on her when I was a teenager.

I'll sure be there. Thanks for posting.

Well, this will kill you then: She's been married twice and her second husband was a Jew.

Try to look at the bright side though, Don. If he'd been black he might have eaten her and then you'd have missed out on seeing Connie altogether.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 09-23-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
Well, this will kill you then: She's been married twice and her second husband was a Jew.

Try to look at the bright side though, Don. If he'd been black he might have eaten her and then you'd have missed out on seeing Connie altogether.
Yeah. I know. She married Eddie Fisher.

Eddie ended up married to a Chinese woman who is a big fan of Debbie Reynolds. Actually Eddie was not a bad guy. I read his memoirs and thought he treated Debbie far more graciously than she treated him. He spoke highly of Debbie even though she never missed an opportunity to insult him publicly.

Thank God Connie didn't marry O.J.Simpson.