Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Badge

The Badge Topics and information of interest to SOS associates relating to law enforcement, fire department, and other sworn safety officers

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-22-2011, 08:14 PM

Default Anchorage officer charged with passport fraud

http://www.adn.com/2011/04/22/182360...restedcop.html

Quote:
An Anchorage police officer who took on a false identity that masked his Mexican citizenship has been arrested and charged with passport fraud, federal officials said today.

At a news conference Friday, U.S. Attorney Karen Loeffler said that patrolman Rafael Espinoza, on the Anchorage police force for about six years, was really Rafael Mora-Lopez, a Mexican national working in the United States illegally.

Read more: http://www.adn.com/2011/04/22/182360...#ixzz1KJg5C1qr

Read more: http://www.adn.com/2011/04/22/182360...#ixzz1KJg0ywZr
Old 04-22-2011, 09:24 PM
SOS Associate

Wonder who conducted his background check?

If there even was one, the checker should be fired too.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:35 PM

Does the city of Anchorage forbid the use of E-verify?

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:39 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Does the city of Anchorage forbid the use of E-verify?
No, they don't see many illegals up that way yet, so it isn't their first thought. Last time I read of an illegal being detained up that way, she was from tonga or somewhere's thereabouts.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
No, they don't see many illegals up that way yet, so it isn't their first thought. Last time I read of an illegal being detained up that way, she was from tonga or somewhere's thereabouts.
About 5 or six years ago I was working with a whole scad of Mexicans in the Coachella Valley (significant number illegal), one of them told me a story about working in Alaska several times in the seafood industry while being illegal, and he wasn't the only illegal in his story by any means.

Just prior to that, I was in Southern Washington for a month or so, it seemed to me that it was about equal thirds of loggers, hippies, and "crossed the southern border last night" looking people who weren't fluent with King Georges' English.

However, the subject was a police officer. He had to communicate exceptionally well in English, write reports, he had to fit in. He wasn't some chuntaro with three generations living in his house with the garage converted into an apartment for the primos. No goats, chickens, and he probably didn't wear a Tejano and cowboy boots. And, if he did listen to Ranchera music, for sure he didn't blare it around town at 9000 decibels in a beat up car worth less than an impound fee.

He was probably brought to the US real young.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Old 04-22-2011, 10:42 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
About 5 or six years ago I was working with a whole scad of Mexicans in the Coachella Valley (significant number illegal), one of them told me a story about working in Alaska several times in the seafood industry while being illegal, and he wasn't the only illegal in his story by any means.

Just prior to that, I was in Southern Washington for a month or so, it seemed to me that it was about equal thirds of loggers, hippies, and "crossed the southern border last night" looking people who weren't fluent with King Georges' English.

However, the subject was a police officer. He had to communicate exceptionally well in English, write reports, he had to fit in. He wasn't some chuntaro with three generations living in his house with the garage converted into an apartment for the primos. No goats, chickens, and he probably didn't wear a Tejano and cowboy boots. And, if he did listen to Ranchera music, for sure he didn't blare it around town at 9000 decibels in a beat up car worth less than an impound fee.

He was probably brought to the US real young.
Washington state,...yes, no surprise there. The fishing fleet...again, no surprise there. Working off shore is somewhat different. Your ship can be registered in many countries, and admiralty law plays a big part in labor aboard.
But mainland Alaska...not many mecksicans yet. I don't think they like the cold, nor do they stand up to cabin fever well. Mexicans are too social to be couped up alone for long.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Washington state,...yes, no surprise there. The fishing fleet...again, no surprise there. Working off shore is somewhat different. Your ship can be registered in many countries, and admiralty law plays a big part in labor aboard.
But mainland Alaska...not many mecksicans yet. I don't think they like the cold, nor do they stand up to cabin fever well. Mexicans are too social to be couped up alone for long.
Part of the story had to do with maybe just such cabin fever and necessary sociability.

While in Alaska, the Mexican I worked with in the CV and an illegal buddy had the pressing compulsion to visit a whorehouse. After they left, he expressed buyers' remorse due to the fact that he had squandered $600.00. The other illegal told him not to feel so bad about $600.00, he himself had been suckered for something like $10,000.00

Wow. That man must have really needed some "quality time".

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 04-22-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:22 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Part of the story had to do with maybe just such cabin fever and necessary sociability.

While in Alaska, the Mexican I worked with in the CV and an illegal buddy had the pressing compulsion to visit a whorehouse. After they left, he expressed buyers' remorse due to the fact that he had squandered $600.00. The other illegal told him not to feel so bad about $600.00, he himself had been suckered for something like $10,000.00

Wow. That man must have really needed some "quality time".
In other words, he got rolled while he was drunk and lost every cent he was fool enough to enter a jezebels den with on his person.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
In other words, he got rolled while he was drunk and lost every cent he was fool enough to enter a jezebels den with on his person.
Liquor probably had quite a bit to do with much of that days' adventure.

I don't know how widespread it is anymore, but quite a few illegals used to carry all their money in a shirt pocket when they moved around and didn't have all the financial service resources they do now. It might have been risky, but no sense burying money in a mayonnaise jar if you might not be back for a year if ever. And, I certainly wouldn't leave anything anywhere in a motel or flop house I really wanted to keep.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:44 AM

The rats are working their way into law enforcement. We have to know exactly what this cockroach's activities in law enforcement were. What arrests did he make? What tickets did he issue?