Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Badge

The Badge Topics and information of interest to SOS associates relating to law enforcement, fire department, and other sworn safety officers

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-17-2012, 12:51 PM

Default Just shut up or get out is the new norm.

Florida detective resigns over Obama comments
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – An internal investigation is planned at the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office after one of its detectives resigned for making threatening comments about President Barack Obama.
Sheriff John Rutherford told The Florida times-Union the remarks made by detective Sam Koivisto were not a legitimate threat, but they were unacceptable workplace conduct.
The U.S. Secret Service is also investigating.
Koivisto was a 26-year veteran with the sheriff's office. He quit in the face of the internal affairs probe following his statements about the election. Comments were also made about the Democratic Party.
Authorities have not released further details about the comments made. Koivisto could not be reached for comment.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/17...#ixzz2CWA28rnS
Old 11-18-2012, 03:42 AM

the article is another example of sloppy or malicious "journalism". Rather than stating it is being alleged that the man made threats towards Obama and that the allegation is being investigated, it is written as a foregone conclusion by the writer there were actual threats as opposed to frustrated expression of free speech.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:54 AM

I see more gory stories being published and circulated in comments, especially since the election. Most are nothing but GOSSIP or smear fear.

And, just where did this story come from? FOX NEWS!
These people will never get over the election and move on.

Guess what? They are all on the amnesty wagon now. They think, We may lose $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$and votes.

OLD, WISE AND EXPERIENCED

Last edited by Rim05; 11-18-2012 at 03:57 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
I see more gory stories being published and circulated in comments, especially since the election. Most are nothing but GOSSIP or smear fear.

And, just where did this story come from? FOX NEWS!
These people will never get over the election and move on.

Guess what? They are all on the amnesty wagon now. They think, We may lose $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$and votes.

OLD, WISE AND EXPERIENCED
Fox News was basically the only outlet that exposed the Democrats/Obama on Benghazi. So I guess if you were watching MSNBC you didn't have a clue. Maybe it's a surprise to you that Obama's administration covered up the death of four Americans. Just like those missing Clinton papers just showed up on the breakfast table in the White House, or Travelgate, or Whitewater, or Chappaquiddick and the list goes on.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:48 AM

[QUOTE]the article is another example of sloppy or malicious "journalism". Rather than stating it is being alleged that the man made threats towards Obama and that the allegation is being investigated, it is written as a foregone conclusion by the writer there were actual threats as opposed to frustrated expression of free speech.
[QUOTE]

I am not sure this is the same story I have the details on however the idiots can not keep from running their mouths.
Good he is being investigated.
Wrong is wrong.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:58 AM
SOS Associate

[QUOTE=Rim05;22194][QUOTE]the article is another example of sloppy or malicious "journalism". Rather than stating it is being alleged that the man made threats towards Obama and that the allegation is being investigated, it is written as a foregone conclusion by the writer there were actual threats as opposed to frustrated expression of free speech.
Quote:

I am not sure this is the same story I have the details on however the idiots can not keep from running their mouths.
Good he is being investigated.
Wrong is wrong.
But you should also ask why there is a blackout on what he actually said. Shouldn't we be allowed to judge? or even know? If not, it chills free speech, especially from those in government
Old 11-20-2012, 12:36 PM

I said, I think it could be a story that I heard about. If it is then that person needs some attention. I will not fall into the McCain/Graham mentality. To me that would just be spreading rumors. It will not take very long to hear more if it is true.