Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Social Scene > Sports

Sports Topics relating to sports

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 11-29-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
There's only one problem with that, Twoller. What do you do about the illegals who reproduce at much greater rates than the rest of us and can potentially outpopulate us?
You keep them in their own environment and they land up starving to death. That's what nature does to all creatures who over populate and why we don't want more of then migrating here. Just like the garages with 15 people living inside and houses with 25, they damage the sewers and neighborhoods, they eventually destroy the infrastructure. And in time the neighborhood can't support anyone and those there want to leave it.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:51 PM

So that is why so many water mains are breaking.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
So that is why so many water mains are breaking.
Rimo they overuse the infrastructure yet don't contribute enough to maintain it or replace it. Basically whole areas begin to crumble. With the economy as it is and not much relief in sight, we'll see this happening at an alarming rate in the next ten to twenty years.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:19 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Please try and remember that the United States was born in a revolution against imperialism. Imperialism is the direct opposite of all of the values represented in everything good about the United States and its constitution. Imperialistic values are an infection on politics in the United States and is a good part of our immigration problems. A good example is our "territories" like Puerto Rico and other corruptions of US citizenship and borders.

I wholeheartedly disagree. There are problems, right now, that could be rectified by making certain countries or areas U.S. territories. There are simply some people/nations that will never conform to our standards and, so long as they continue their current practices, will burden the U.S.

Examples: The Palestinians, the Mexicans and the Afghanis.

Everyone, us and them, would have an improved standard of living if the the people populating those territories were controlled by the U.S.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:20 PM

I'm sorry, but no matter how useless a people are to themselves or anyone else, being subject to an empire has never been a solution. If you can't understand that part of the promise of our United States as a beacon of hope to anyone, even ourselves, is as a confrontation against empires, then you are unfit to be United States citizen.

Any time our government becomes the open and willing executor of an empire, then that government is capable of treating us, US citizens, as the subjects of an empire. What kind of fool would turn over their system of government to an empire.

What happens to our borders when the US becomes an empire? Look at Great Britain and the commonwealth. It's immigration problems are the consequence of the collapse of Imperial England. That collapse saw its first tremors in our own American Revolution that saw the birth of our own country.

Look at India. It has been the unwilling subject of an Islamic empire and an English empire. Under Ghandi and others, they finally took back most of their own country. They are still coping with the refuse that these empires left behind, although England left the most gracefully. Look at what Vietnam had to go through. Both the French and Catholics in the US said that Vietnam was incapable of governing itself. If they had been left to govern themselves, Vietnam would never have gone communist. But to the Vietnamese, communism was perferable to imperialism.

They were right. Even communism is better than imperialism, especially the filthy and degenerate hand of imperialism that touched Vietnam.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:45 PM
Continent Thief

I can't believe this. For the first time ever I actually agree with Twoller!

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 12-05-2009, 07:52 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
I'm sorry, but no matter how useless a people are to themselves or anyone else, being subject to an empire has never been a solution. If you can't understand that part of the promise of our United States as a beacon of hope to anyone, even ourselves, is as a confrontation against empires, then you are unfit to be United States citizen.

Any time our government becomes the open and willing executor of an empire, then that government is capable of treating us, US citizens, as the subjects of an empire. What kind of fool would turn over their system of government to an empire.

What happens to our borders when the US becomes an empire? Look at Great Britain and the commonwealth. It's immigration problems are the consequence of the collapse of Imperial England. That collapse saw its first tremors in our own American Revolution that saw the birth of our own country.

Look at India. It has been the unwilling subject of an Islamic empire and an English empire. Under Ghandi and others, they finally took back most of their own country. They are still coping with the refuse that these empires left behind, although England left the most gracefully. Look at what Vietnam had to go through. Both the French and Catholics in the US said that Vietnam was incapable of governing itself. If they had been left to govern themselves, Vietnam would never have gone communist. But to the Vietnamese, communism was perferable to imperialism.

They were right. Even communism is better than imperialism, especially the filthy and degenerate hand of imperialism that touched Vietnam.

Well, I'm afraid you're going to have to revoke my citizenship b/c my position remains unchanged. Most of your observations are simply at odds with reality.

Firstly, the answer to your initial question in the third paragraph is that when the United States extends into what is now Mexico, the desire or need to cross what was the border by hordes of uneducated laborers largely disappears b/c some manner of opportunity exists in their place of birth.

Secondly, insofar as turning over my form of government to an empire, I have no intention of doing so. It is my position that we impose our leadership and control on them ... or perhaps you're under the impression that we'll see an end to Palestinian school children being indoctrinated into suicide terrorist attacks, or witness the enormous growth of a Mexican middle class, sometime during our lives if we don't? Standing around waiting for others to comport themselves to what we consider minimal standards of Western decency? How's it working out for you so far?

Thirdly, you're right. I invite you to look at India and Vietnam. Visit those locations and then come back and tell me with a straight face their populations are better off in the absence of the British and the French. You can add a good chunk of Africa to that list, too.

Earlier you mentioned something about Puerto Rico. Is that intended seriously? Remove the United States from that territory's equation and it is essentially the equivalent of the Dominican Republic or Haiti.

America is good for people everywhere it touches down. Iraq, Japan, Guam, etc., and the idea that large populations in impoverished or corrupt countries are not better off with American values and leadership is tomfoolery.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 12-05-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:29 PM

The United States is good for the United States and everything that the United States does should be only in the interests of the citizens of the United States. If Puerto Rico is Haiti outside of being a "territory" of the United States, then that's really tough for Puerto Rico, but of no concern to the United States. And its really tough to Haiti and the Dominacan Republic that they will never become "territories" of the United States.

You know, if you want to be serious about the US become a real empire, you ought to think a little straighter than that. A real empire doesn't give a crap about the peoples of their empirial conquests. It goes in, takes what it wants, enslaves the native peoples and if the native's lot accidentally improves, then take credit. The problem with Puerto Rico being the target of imperial ambitiions is that it hasn't got anything worth conquering over and the Puerto Ricans can't do anything that we need doing.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Continent Thief

DA, I'm rather surprised that you would take this position. It's almost like advocating that America be the policeman of the world, only in this case it's not the policeman but the caretaker. I think Twoller's right, this only leads to trouble and resentment in the long run and has done so in many cases. Look at Vietnam, Iran, China, and Mexico, going back to the last century. We meddled in all those countries either militarily or otherwise and in every case there were some rather bad consequences.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 12-06-2009, 04:03 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
The United States is good for the United States and everything that the United States does should be only in the interests of the citizens of the United States. If Puerto Rico is Haiti outside of being a "territory" of the United States, then that's really tough for Puerto Rico, but of no concern to the United States.

Seizing control of Mexico, Iraq and the Gaza Strip is absolutely in the interests of the citizens of the United States. How much money and military power have we burnt through taking constant remedial measures cleaning up the failings of those locations over the past decades? I don't want to make Mexico part of the U.S. b/c I think it has cool beaches, flashing eyed senoritas with curvy figures and natural resources. Nor is it particularly important to me that we provide better lives for our poor southern neighbors (that's just an extra benefit). I want to assert control over Mexico b/c the manner in which that nation conducts itself is killing tens of thousands of Americans, flooding our nation with their uneducated welfare cases and threatening our way of life.

Twoller, are you expecting the authorities that be in Mexico City to get serious about stopping the flood of their poor and desperate into Texas, Arizona and California anytime soon? When do you believe the elite in that country will start to feel pangs of guilt and begin to reorganize the economic structure of Mexico so that there is a larger middle class that present less of a burden upon its immediate neighbor to the north?

You're not dealing in reality, and our inaction results in loss of American lives, degradation of our cities, the disintegration of our public schools and citizen taxpayer exploitation out the wazoo.

And Phil, everybody resents #1. Playing nice or trying to appease folks by showing how swell we are will change none of that.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 12-06-2009 at 04:19 PM.