Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-29-2011, 10:24 AM
SOS Associate

Default Egyptians Protest In Sacramento

In keeping with my usual program of keeping our associates informed as to protests occurring in our state's capitol city, I swung by the announced protest held by...uh...self-described Egyptian Americans...for a quick interview and some photos. The Sac Bee stated in their article this morning that there were several hundred protestors, however I counted 40 to 50 max. They brought both Egyptian and American flags with them, and signs urging the ouster of Hosni Mubarak:

This one'll kill ya. This guy was waving the American flag, but upside down. Then, in the next shot this woman came by and informed him of his faux pas, and he turned it over.

Next, these two showed up, one carrying the flag of Palestine:

I'll have a short interview video up soon with what appeared to be the protest organizer
Old 01-29-2011, 10:32 AM

Thanks AG, great pictures.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:58 AM
SOS Associate

OK, so when I first spoke with her prior to the camera rolling, I asked about her nationality, and she claimed to be Egyptian-American; born here in the US. I asked her point blank which country was she loyal to, and she stated Egypt. After the interview started, I again asked for clarification:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 01-29-2011, 11:16 AM

AG you seem to have really gotten her with that question. She didn't give much of an answer. "The one that's suffering the most" What the hell does that mean?
Old 01-29-2011, 11:31 AM

If you ever find one of these 'new Americans' who will answer that they will stick with the US,
PLEASE BE SURE AND LET US KNOW WHICH ONE IT WAS.
Thanks.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:02 AM

I have stated this a number of times before; the "new immigrants", as opposed to the immigrants in the 18th & 19th centuries, have technology that allows them to keep in touch with the home country better and cheaper. Technology has allowed modern immigrants to keep tabs with the old country. Most immigrants view their time here in the U.S. not as setting up a new life in a new country, but rather they look at their time here as an opportunity to make money and bring the rest of the family over. You see this in virtually all of the new immigrant communities from the south of the border types, to Asians, to Arabs and to Armenians.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
I have stated this a number of times before; the "new immigrants", as opposed to the immigrants in the 18th & 19th centuries, have technology that allows them to keep in touch with the home country better and cheaper. Technology has allowed modern immigrants to keep tabs with the old country. Most immigrants view their time here in the U.S. not as setting up a new life in a new country, but rather they look at their time here as an opportunity to make money and bring the rest of the family over. You see this in virtually all of the new immigrant communities from the south of the border types, to Asians, to Arabs and to Armenians.
Yup, you're correct. They consider the US new ground to grow the same crop. They bring some good, but usually the same weeds that killed what was growing in the old land.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:37 AM

Your right about that Pocho
Old 02-04-2011, 08:21 AM

How long before we have disorder because many 'immigrant Americans' want to change America to what ever they left behind?
It could become worse than Egypt is at this moment.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Patriotic Pragmatic

Eh. At least egypt got off their butts and eliminated a dictator who didn't give a damn about them. I marched at all the townhalls and teaparties and nothing came out of it. Except of course, a bit of social condemnation, being a man in my early 20s ...

I wish Americans would show the kind of dedication to our country the Egyptians have shown to theirs.

Besides, now that their country is free, they can start returning to it, right?