Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-24-2012, 09:12 AM
Continent Thief

Default Is anyone else as outraged by this as I am?

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/05/22/d...ng-in-spanish/

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A local pizza chain that made waves in 2007 for accepting Mexican Pesos for payment has come up with a new way to generate some buzz for itself, offering free pizza to anyone who orders in Spanish.

Dallas-based Pizza Patron will be offering free pizza on June 5 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. to anyone who places their order in Spanish.

The promotion was announced in a company press release as a way to honor the “positive force of change immigrants have made in communities throughout America.”

The company is calling the promotion Pizza Por Favor.

Pizza Patron has over 100 locations nationwide.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 05-24-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:42 AM
SOS Associate

There's really not that much for us here Phil,

A private company trying an ad campaign that encourages people to order in a foreign language.

First off, it's not in California, for a change.

Secondly, they don't say they encourage illegals

Third, they are foolishly giving away their products to people who are notorious for getting free stuff. They foolishly believe this will earn them a loyal customer base, and I highly, highly doubt that. What they are going to have is a bunch of freeloaders taking advantage of sleezy generousity. Mexicans are not going to endear themselves to this company after the freebies are gone, and the company is going to find a hole in their wallet in short order
Old 05-24-2012, 09:53 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
There's really not that much for us here Phil,

A private company trying an ad campaign that encourages people to order in a foreign language.

First off, it's not in California, for a change.

Secondly, they don't say they encourage illegals

Third, they are foolishly giving away their products to people who are notorious for getting free stuff. They foolishly believe this will earn them a loyal customer base, and I highly, highly doubt that. What they are going to have is a bunch of freeloaders taking advantage of sleezy generousity. Mexicans are not going to endear themselves to this company after the freebies are gone, and the company is going to find a hole in their wallet in short order
OK, I guess that all makes sense, but it still pi$$es me off. They may not be encouraging illegals, but they are encouraging people to speak Spanish rather than English. Are you sure they're not in California? The article says there are over 100 locations nationwide.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 05-24-2012, 11:10 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
OK, I guess that all makes sense, but it still pi$$es me off. They may not be encouraging illegals, but they are encouraging people to speak Spanish rather than English. Are you sure they're not in California? The article says there are over 100 locations nationwide.
I'll tell you what Phil,

Here is what we'll do. I've initiated contact with the company asking them which outlets are participating in this. (there's a disclaimer at the bottom saying only at participating locations, and "while supplies last"). In any case, once we have the locations, SOS will reach out to homeless shelters, churches, and other groups who feed hungry Americans, and advise them where to go, and what to say to get free food.
By the way, this offer is one day only, and for three hours only. This company is trying to get more mileage out of a very weak offering by playing into our alleged fears. Let's advise everyone we know about this, and hopefully the company loses more than they gain.
A line of homeless people out front waiting for free food should be good for business

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 05-24-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:07 PM

I haven't seen one of these businesses in So. Cal. More than likely there's one in Chicago though. If there were any in my area I'd make sure they suffered.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I haven't seen one of these businesses in So. Cal. More than likely there's one in Chicago though. If there were any in my area I'd make sure they suffered.
Here is the link for a list of all the locations:
http://pizzapatron.com/locations.cfm

The idea I had was to have a bunch of people call the ordering number during the promotion hours and tie up the lines. If the promotion is going on at all the locations, however, it would be difficult to get enough people, but we could pick a few locations and really mess them up.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Last edited by LAPhil; 05-24-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Here is the link for a list of all the locations:
http://pizzapatron.com/locations.cfm

The idea I had was to have a bunch of people call the ordering number during the promotion hours and tie up the lines. If the promotion is going on at all the locations, however, it would be difficult to get enough people, but we could pick a few locations and really mess them up.
Don't know if that would work, maybe, but maybe not. Because the business can tell when you call in what phone number and area code is calling. It might work for the first few minutes, but after that they would probably stop answering to anyone out of their area code. I know the Dominos here where I live knows my address as soon as someone calls from my home phone, so I know they know the area code of who calls.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Don't know if that would work, maybe, but maybe not. Because the business can tell when you call in what phone number and area code is calling. It might work for the first few minutes, but after that they would probably stop answering to anyone out of their area code. I know the Dominos here where I live knows my address as soon as someone calls from my home phone, so I know they know the area code of who calls.
The Domino's knows your address when you call? That's scary! Do you have call block? Anyway, it wouldn't matter if they answered the phones or not because they would still be ringing off the hook, making it really hard for the customers to get through. So if you want to make them suffer, I think this is the way to go.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

Last edited by LAPhil; 05-24-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:24 AM

Default Whoa - just a moment !

Be careful friends. Here's a story or two.

My Son just came back from Paris, France vacation. He says ALL menus are in English and French. Further practically all Frenchmen in the tourism business, boutiques, shops, restaurants, museums, tours, speaks English ! Paris was FULL of Americans and Asians.

When my wife and I went to Spain on vacation, Costa Brave, we started at the French border and proceeded South along the coast, stopping at every Town and Village. It's a huge tourist area. All of the restaurants along the boulevards paralleling the beach/sea shore had the menus in Spanish, French, English, German, Italian and Dutch. In some of the restaurants the apparent owner was also waiting tables. I was amazed that he would go from table to table and speak a different language at each one that had foreign tourists.

I would be a little bit careful about developing a strong prejudice against one particular language. There are lots of 2nd, 3rd, 4th generation Latino / Americans and legal residents too as well as lots of Hispanics very much against illegal immigration. *( However, I will surmise that the manager of the pizza place is probably a Latino/Hispanic or somehow connected ).

Pizza Patron Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizza_Patr%C3%B3n
Manager of Operations - Ernesto Hernandez !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about happy hour in bars and ladies night when the gals all get free drinks? Capitalists park their scruples at the door, not the cash register?

If there is someone to be mad at it is that slimy little weasel Luis Gutierrez, the Chicago Congressman who is promoting a back door amnesty with the present administration.

Last edited by wetibbe; 05-25-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Continent Thief

wetibbe:

Can you imagine what would happen if some pizza parlor or restaurant had a promotion where you would get your food free if you ordered it in English? The screams of racism and discrimination would be loud enough to make your ears bleed! So why is it OK to give something away free if you don't order it in English and charge for it if you do?

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!