Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-28-2012, 06:54 AM
SOS Associate

Default New Policy From ICE Rolls Back Enforcement Again

Yes, of course, it's another outrageous weakening of the enforcement policy in the secure communities program. They claim it's to reduce the chances of racial profiling, but there's really no justification for that. Now the department will only check the immigration status of traffic offenders AFTER they have a conviction for those offenses. Two things will happen here:
1) there will be no charges filed on some invaders in invader friendly municipalities like LA, SF, etc. and they will claim it is due to funding cuts in the DA's offices.
2) By the time the invader gets charged in the muni's that still prosecute, they will be long gone because they will have been released on OR because the jails are full

This administration is doing everything possible to keep the existing illegals here. Everything!

Another thing that irritates me beyond belief is that I have signed up for every press release from ICE, DHS, and INS, but still I get this bit of news third hand. They do not even post the release on their own website first; They go through the mainstream media because they want them to be how we get our information.
I'm pissed!

Quote:
Prosecutorial Discretion: ICE Director Morton has issued a new memo providing guidance for ICE law enforcement personnel and attorneys regarding their authority to exercise discretion when appropriate – authority designed to help ICE better focus on meeting the priorities of both the agency and the Secure Communities program to use limited resources to target criminals and those that put public safety at risk. This memo also directs the exercise of prosecutorial discretion to ensure that victims of and witnesses to crimes are properly protected. The memo clarifies that the exercise of discretion is inappropriate in cases involving threats to public safety, national security and other agency priorities.
Training for States: ICE and the DHS Office for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties (CRCL) have developed a new training program for state and local law enforcement agencies to provide more information for state and local law enforcement about how Secure Communities works and how it relates to laws governing civil rights. The first set of training materials can be accessed here.
Protecting Victims & Witnesses of Crimes: At the direction of Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano, ICE, in consultation with CRCL, has developed a new policy specifically to protect victims of domestic violence and other crimes and to ensure these crimes continue to be reported and prosecuted. This policy directs ICE officers to exercise appropriate discretion to ensure victims and witnesses to crimes are not penalized by removal. ICE is also working to develop additional tools that will help identify people who may be a victim, witness, or member of a vulnerable class so officers can exercise appropriate discretion.
Detainer Policy: ICE has revised the detainer form ICE sends to local jurisdictions to emphasize the longstanding guidance that state and local authorities are not to detain an individual for more than 48 hours. The form also requests local law enforcement to provide arrestees with a copy, which has a number to call if they believe their civil rights have been violated.
Data Collection:
ICE and CRCL have created a new complaint system whereby individuals or organizations who believe civil rights violations connected to Secure Communities have occurred can file a complaint. For example, CRCL will investigate complaints of ethnic discrimination by policing jurisdictions for which Secure Communities has been activated, and DHS will take steps to ensure that bias or other abuses do not affect immigration enforcement.
ICE and CRCL have created an ongoing quarterly statisticalreview of the program to examine data for each jurisdiction where Secure Communities is activated to identify effectiveness and any indications of potentially improper use of the program. Statistical outliers in local jurisdictions will be subject to an in-depth analysis and DHS and ICE will take appropriate steps to resolve any issues.
Quote:
In FY 2011, ICE removed 396,906 individuals. Ninety percent of all these removals fell into one of ICE's enforcement priorities

Guess how many illegals have been removed by secure communities program in California since 2009....
A paltry 58,000! 3 years and only 58,000 removed from one of the most invader bloated states in the union. This program is not an enforcement program. It's a "let's hide the truth" program like the attorney generals office is.

I'm filing a new FOIA next week. To hell with being humble

Last edited by Ayatollahgondola; 04-28-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:29 PM

Default Davi - Bravo !

You think you are pissed ? You should see me !!!!!

I have a very slow fuse ! But when it ignites I proceed very methodically with forethought conviction and total absence of emotion. This definitely does not advocate any radical outbursts or suggest any militant, illegal or other retaliations at all. NO !Personally I will never be involved in any activities that are counter to legal law enforcement. There are super abundances of friends, colleagues, associates to help do it right and respectfully and I actually have an abundance of support from the top.

Go for it.You have over 600,000 supporters who will stand up and be counted for the survival of our nation.

Bill Tibbe