Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-24-2010, 06:37 PM

Default Bob kellar Needs Support at Tuesdays City Council Meeting

From Frank -

Bob kellar Needs Support at Tuesdays City Council Meeting Councilman Bob Kellar needs support at this forthcoming Santa Clarita Valley City Council meeting.

We expect opposition to show up and speak against him. We would like everyone that can make it to the meeting to show up in support of Kellar. You will have to sign up with the SCV council clerk in order to speak for three minutes. We expect the media to converge on this meeting.

As you know you cannot bring signs into the meeting but prior to the meeting you can be outside with your "Kellar is a Hero" signs or whatever you want.

Below is the meeting schedule with time and place from the SCV website:
Please put this out to your friends and attend if you can.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CITY OF SANTA CLARITA

CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

6:00 PM

City Council Chambers

23920 Valencia Blvd. 1 st Floor

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

AGENDA
__________________________________________________ _______________________

PUBLIC FINANCING AUTHORITY - No New Business

Public Participation Process

During the Public Participation portion of the meeting, each person wishing to speak should prepare a presentation of not more than three (3) minutes. Public Participation speaker's slips must be submitted to the City Clerk BEFORE this portion of the meeting begins. Anyone wishing to address an item on the agenda should fill out a speaker's slip and submit it to the City Clerk BEFORE the Mayor announces the item. Each person addressing the Council is given three (3) minutes to speak indicated by a colored light system on the Council dais; a green light appears when the speaker begins; a yellow light appears when 30 seconds remain and a red light appears when time has expired. Comments should be complete at this time.

In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Clerk's Office, (661) 255-4391. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. (28CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title II)

INVOCATION - Ender

CALL TO ORDER

ROLL CALL

FLAG SALUTE
Old 01-24-2010, 06:50 PM

I'll be there.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanfromfillmore View Post
i'll be there.
ditto!
Old 01-24-2010, 07:51 PM

Rose is coming with me too. We'll have some anti-illegal immigration signs also.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:19 PM

This is a big one folks. I wish I could get up there, but circumstances do not allow for that at this time. Folks, we need to support those that have supported us.

I wonder if that certain candidate for Governor will show up? Me thinks not.

Keep us advised.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:14 AM

Could somebody get this guy to make it clear that he is, in fact, not a racist? He doesn't sound too articulate, but he should be able to make the point that he is not a racist and make the equally passionate point that he will not bend by responding to accusations of racism and make both points at the same time.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:22 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Could somebody get this guy to make it clear that he is, in fact, not a racist? He doesn't sound too articulate, but he should be able to make the point that he is not a racist and make the equally passionate point that he will not bend by responding to accusations of racism and make both points at the same time.
Gold star for you!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
E-mailed from Robin. Letter to the Editor.

I read the article on the Internet "Santa Clarita councilman says he is a `proud racist'".

I attended the Santa Clarita rally.

In my opinion, the statement made by Councilman Kellar has been taken completely out of context. Of note, the video on the Daily News website reveals that the speaker who followed the councilman, Jamiel Shaw, lost his precious son to a murderer - an illegal alien gang member, the tragic end result of lawlessness. A father's endless sorrow.

I would like to also point out that the narrator in the video, Frank Jorge, is a legal immigrant from Cuba. The video clip features Councilman Kellar an Anglo American, Frank Jorge a Latino American and Jamiel Shaw, an African American. In addition, Raymond Herrera founder of We The People, quoted in this article is a Latino American.

These days, those who support breaking immigration laws, lob the word "racist" like a bomb, in order to detract from the fact: those in the U.S. illegally are breaking the law.

Racist. It is used like a weapon by those who want to avoid the issue, which is lawbreaking. But the word racist is being used inaccurately and, I think, because it is being overused so incorrectly one day soon, the word racist, used as a weapon, will be obsolete.

Why is America great? Because we are a nation of laws.

In my opinion, that was what Councilman Kellar communicated - if the word racist means law abiding American, then he is a "proud racist" - a proud American upholding U.S. laws.

A pious Fernando Guerra, director of the Center for the Study of Los Angeles at Loyola Marymount University, wades into the topic to take pot shots at the councilman.

Who is Fernando Guerra? Guerra http://www.lmu.edu/Page40016.aspx is a member of many Latino only groups just a few of them are: 1. National Association for Chicano Studies 2. Latino community in the State’s Growth Management Consensus Project 3. He worked on a book on the political empowerment of Latinos in California. And Guerra is quoted in articles proclaiming the "browning" of society and has been purported to have made the comment, "We need to avoid a white backlash by using codes understood by Latinos."

Kellar talked about upholding U.S. law, being proud of America, while Guerra, via his career, boldly promotes one race. Who is the racist?

Mr. Herrera's comments in the article that Mexicans should stand up in Mexico is the solution.

Countries around the globe and south of our border - Mexico for example - abuse and neglect their citizens. When those citizens enter the U.S. and reside illegally, those who support illegal immigration are enabling corrupt governments, such as the Mexican government, to continue the abuse of its citizens.

The real culprits in the debate are governments of countries such as Mexico. But when do the enablers who promote immigration lawbreaking go after Mexico? Never. They make American citizens their scapegoat - paint them as bad people, demonizing them for advocating that U.S. laws be upheld, respected and enforced.

In regard to the word racist, I believe Councilman Kellar is ahead of the curve, exposing the abusive usage of this word. He has the courage - to stand up for the law!

I look forward to the day, I predict in the near future, when the incorrect use of the word racist against law abiding Americans will be rendered impotent, and go the way of the dinosaur and the dodo into extinction....

Robin Hvidston
Old 01-25-2010, 11:27 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PochoPatriot View Post
Folks, we need to support those that have supported us.

I wonder if that certain candidate for Governor will show up? Me thinks not.

I doubt it, too. This doesn't seem like a very advantageous place for Meg Whitman to appear.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
I doubt it, too. This doesn't seem like a very advantageous place for Meg Whitman to appear.