Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Social Scene > Sports

Sports Topics relating to sports

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-09-2011, 09:23 AM

Default MexGames look to U.S. athletes of Mexican heritage

We all know that Mexico is utterly bankrupt, and that they are deporting their excess population to the U.S. for care & keeping. However, they are now tired of seeing Mexican athletes competing for the Red, White and Blue (which is not capitalized in the Los Angeles Times story). In order to stop that, Mexican sports officials are going to be holding the MexGames in Long Beach and Bell Gardens between April 20th and 24th.

The purpose of the MexGames is to discover the Mexican children that would compete for the U.S.A. in Olympic sports, and get them to compete for Mexico. In other words, the Mexican government is happy to have us, the American taxpayer, not only pay for the education of these children, but we will also pay for their athletic training, and have them compete against the nation that provided them all the advantages and opportunities to get to that level of athleticism.

This is nothing new. Five members of the Mexican Women's National Soccer Team, that beat the U.S.A. Women's National Soccer Team in the Women's World Cup qualifiers, are American "citizens".

When will Mexico stand on its own, and stop depending on the American tax payer to pay for its own failures?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:11 PM

Mexico is such a low grade country, nothing they do now surprises me. They'd sell their citizens outright if they thought they could get away with it.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:21 AM

I am an American born in this country. My husband is a legal Resident born in Mexico. My daughter's greatest wish is to play soccer- at any level. Because her father happened to be born in Mexico and I was born in the US she can play either in the United States or in Mexico. She would love to play in the Olympics. It is hard to get an invitation to try out for the US National or Olympic team. So if my daughter gets the opportunity to try out for the Mexican National or Olympic team then we will take it. Now, if the US National/Olympic team comes knocking on our door and wants her to play for the US instead of Mexico, then we will take it. Or if you find out where there is an open invitation for the US team, let me know and I will take her.

Furthermore, I am a professional tax-paying American. I am paying for my daughter's education, and I am also paying for her training as she plays Club Soccer in LA. The taxpayers are not paying for her training. And no, the US did not give her the opportunity or the advantages to get her to her level of athleticism. I, the parent, gave her the opportunity and advantages to develop her skills. I am the one who has been taking her to practices, traveling across the nation to tournaments, paying for it out of MY OWN POCKET. The US government is not paying a single dime towards my daughter's training. I am paying for training from coaches across the world, including coaches from England, Mexico, and Argentinia. If I lived in Mexico, I would do the same thing.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:46 PM

Personal reply in next post

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 04-05-2011 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanAmerican View Post
I am an American born in this country. My husband is a legal Resident born in Mexico. My daughter's greatest wish is to play soccer- at any level. Because her father happened to be born in Mexico and I was born in the US she can play either in the United States or in Mexico. She would love to play in the Olympics. It is hard to get an invitation to try out for the US National or Olympic team. So if my daughter gets the opportunity to try out for the Mexican National or Olympic team then we will take it. Now, if the US National/Olympic team comes knocking on our door and wants her to play for the US instead of Mexico, then we will take it. Or if you find out where there is an open invitation for the US team, let me know and I will take her.

Furthermore, I am a professional tax-paying American. I am paying for my daughter's education, and I am also paying for her training as she plays Club Soccer in LA. The taxpayers are not paying for her training. And no, the US did not give her the opportunity or the advantages to get her to her level of athleticism. I, the parent, gave her the opportunity and advantages to develop her skills. I am the one who has been taking her to practices, traveling across the nation to tournaments, paying for it out of MY OWN POCKET. The US government is not paying a single dime towards my daughter's training. I am paying for training from coaches across the world, including coaches from England, Mexico, and Argentinia. If I lived in Mexico, I would do the same thing.
First let me congratulate your daughter on her skill and may she be a competitor on the US Olympic team.

Second, you are fortunate to be in a position to be able to finance trips around the nation for your daughter to play. As well, I also believe that you see the value of education and your daughter is successful in her studies.

My personal feelings are mixed.

The fans in Mexico cheered Osama Bin Laden, booed our national anthem and police in riot gear held the crowd back when our team was last there.

And I don't believe that there should be hyphenated Americans, that one's loyalty should not to the foreign national origins of one's ancestors - including that of one or both parents, race does not indicate nationality, and that Americans should represent America.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Old 04-06-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanAmerican View Post

This post demonstrates just how insidious the current immigration policy is towards American citizenship. When something does not cost a person something, they treat it as worthless. Hence, the attitude you see above. This woman's American citizenship is meaningless. Why? Because it was a "birthright", and she has passed that same attitude on to her daughter who will play for a sewer country because she's not good enough to play for the US.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:54 AM

I read this today concerning a teen age girl, Elly Leyva, earning a spot on USA soccer team that will be part of a pre Olympic tournament in Mexico City next month.

The fact that she is brown is irrelevant to me, and I am happy that having been born in America she is representing America, but the fact that she was picked in part by her race and family ancestral origins is a mockery of the civil rights act. Where's the ACLU?

And why is the Mexican consulate meddling with our affairs?

Quote:
SAN JACINTO: Soccer player competes in Mexican-American Games

..."The event is put on by the Mexican Consulate every year as they look for athletic talent in different sports amongst the Hispanic community throughout the United States," said Walt Guzman, her varsity soccer coach...

...Elly earned her spot on the USA Team at the 2011 Mexican-American Games, which were held last month in Long Beach. She was one of 1,000 girls vying for 18 slots on the team. Players had to be from Mexico or of Mexican origin. Elly's mother, Maria, was born in Arandaz, Jalisco, and her father, Jose, is from Mexico City...

The whole article http://www.pe.com/localnews/hemet/st...4.37f8de7.html

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 05-14-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:24 PM

It's hard to figure which is more perverse, the notion that Mexico is soaking the US, trolling for Mexicans that the US is babysitting to play in international competition representing Mexico, or those same Mexicans in the US representing the US in international competition.

And, come to think of it, exactly which of these Mexicans are showing that kind of performance to represent the US internationally anywhere, in any field?

The reality is that Mexicans in this country are pretty mediocre at best. Every time I see somebody who might be from South or Central America, I think "Oh crap, what are they screwing up now?"

"Made in China" means you pay less and maybe the quality will be less. "Made in Mexico" means you might as well throw away your hard earned money.

People say we need all this illegal labor. Need it? Maybe. Want it? No way.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:56 PM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
Geez Twoller; I think that's probably the most profound thing I've seen you write here yet
Old 05-15-2011, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
...And, come to think of it, exactly which of these Mexicans are showing that kind of performance to represent the US internationally anywhere, in any field?

The reality is that Mexicans in this country are pretty mediocre at best. Every time I see somebody who might be from South or Central America, I think "Oh crap, what are they screwing up now?"

"Made in Mexico" means you might as well throw away your hard earned money.

The girl isn't Mexican, she's an American by more than one definition. And there is no way that she would be regarded by Mexican nationals as being Mexican, regardless of what the Mexican consulate is trying to pull off.

Quote:
As a top scholar and athlete, Elly hopes to attend college on a soccer scholarship and already has been approached by a school in Minnesota.

Even taking advanced placement calculus, U.S. history and English language and comprehension this year, she said she never missed practices.
She may be unusual with her success in studies, she will probably be indoctrinated with brown racism in her higher education, and she will certainly have a viewpoint concerning her parents, but you can't call the girl "mediocre" or a "screw up".

My point in the above post is that if there were a soccer team that accepted "white American or northern European only" rather than from Mexico or of Mexican origin, there would be a great hypocritical outcry concerning racism and the ACLU, MALDEF, the brown racial groups, and maybe even the US Department of Justice (suing California over an inmate's beard, suing a San Joaquin valley landlord over allegation of sexually harassing a tenant) would be in the middle of it.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 05-15-2011 at 04:58 AM.