Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > SOS Management and Operation Discussion

SOS Management and Operation Discussion Questions and answers about the management and operation of Save Our State.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 03-22-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Both parties have something to gain from illegal migration. The only difference is that one wants "immigrant" clout in voting numbers exchanged for "social" freebies and the other wants a non voting slave class exchanged for business political favor.
This is the key to the entire problem with illegal immigration. Until someone (Gov. Brewer of Arizona, for instance) stands up for the people and against the special interest groups that dominate both parties NOTHING, NOT ONE THING, will happen to change the status quo.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:49 PM

My own idea about our future is, we can no longer take just the illegal immigration approach. Illegal Immigration is mostly caused by our elected officials allowing it to happen.
For those who can, I would say, attend City Council meetings, Those who have children in school, go to everything about your child's school. LAUSD is out of control.
Let us not forget about the Courts, the judges are making many anti American decisions. At one time I started noting the names of our liberal judges but, alas, I don't know where it is now.
When it is time to vote we should hit the court judges hard.
There are many things we can do as individuals besides attending events but it is very important to show the organizer your support by attending events that you can attend. That organizer will really appreciate your attendance.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:32 AM

That is so true Rimo! Many of our people are doing just that and getting great results.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Let us not forget about the Courts, the judges are making many anti American decisions. At one time I started noting the names of our liberal judges but, alas, I don't know where it is now.
When it is time to vote we should hit the court judges hard.
Immigration judges.

They act in a manner similar to judges in "infraction" cases, they also act as the jury, and, as I remember, they deny over 60% of removal cases based on such reasoning as "the defendant is in the process of legalization" - after violating immigration law to get here as well as anything else that attracted ICE attention to the defendant.

We have to find a way to eject these charlatans from their benches and prevent law obstructionists from being installed in the first place.

As a note, they are appointed by the US Attorney General of the Justice department, the same people who are suing Arizona for doing what the feds refuse to do.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-24-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:05 AM

Here is something I found which might lead in a direction:
Quote:

The Third Circuit court summoned a deputy assistant U.S. attorney general, Jonathan Cohn, to its Jan. 9 hearing of appeals by a Pakistani journalist and a nephew of an ousted Gambian president. Both had been denied asylum by Ferlise.

On the same day, U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales announced a review of immigration judges across the country following allegations of widespread incompetence and bias in their ranks.

In a tape of the proceedings obtained by The Inquirer, the federal judges expressed alarm at Ferlise's treatment of asylum-seekers in cases dating to 1999. They questioned Cohn about the process for reviewing and rebuking immigration judges.

Cohn replied that Gonzales was aware of concerns about Ferlise, and said privacy issues prevented him from commenting further. But, he added,
"whenever there is a judicial finding of misconduct, there's automatically an inquiry by the Office of Professional Responsibility."

A lawsuit, inquiry by the Attorney General, or inquiry by the Office of Professional Responsibility.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

Old 03-24-2011, 08:17 AM

Some of it is a circle - the Office of Professional Responsibility is also a part of the Justice department.

How do we seperately divorce the Office of Professional Responsibility and the appointment of immigration judges from the Justice department in such a way as to avoid conflict of interest?

It seems that the Attorney General appoints judges, oversees prosecution in the name of the government, oversees defense in suits against the government, and oversees the unit that investigates misconduct by both Federal Judges and Federal Attorneys.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:29 PM

Ilbegone,
It is unlikely that a anti-illegal immigration organization is going to have much weight in a court, or changing the way a judge[s] rule and to be honest, it shouldn't have. There is no different between anti-illegal immigration organization and any other special interest group. You wouldn't want pro-amnesty org's, to carry weight in a court of law and/or have influences over judges? If a judge rules in a way you disagree with, even administrative judges, there is a appellate process that can be invoked. You also can petition a federal or local grand jury to investigate.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:39 PM

Cole,

There is a difference between "My agenda vs his agenda" and ruling justly from the bench.

I've been railroaded before and I don't like it - I'm not suggesting that.

However, when someone is here illegally, they should be deported. It's not happening.

I see several things here whether I'm right or off base:

Immigration judges are both judge and jury. The judge may well be subject to the political whims of his boss - The Attorney General, who also oversees the federal unit which investigates potential misconduct in Federal judges and Federal attorneys. The present Attorney General is suing Arizona for daring to encode Federal law into state statute.

As I stated above, I believe that the game is essentially that of after having been busted crashing the concert and milling in the back, the defense is that the crasher was in the process of buying tickets. And it flies.

I believe you are right that a small anti illegal immigration won't have the clout to do any of this. But what can be done is inform.

Most people believe that once ICE picks up an illegal, he's gone yesterday. Not so if the illegal fights it, and at least 60% of those brought before immigration court by ICE are cut loose.

How to change that particular problem without succumbing to tyranny of the majority either way or otherwise engineering unjust prosecution and malicious rulings might be successfully suggested.

Hay burros en el maiz

Don't drink and post.

Last edited by ilbegone; 03-24-2011 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
Cole,

There is a difference between "My agenda vs his agenda" and ruling justly from the bench.

I've been railroaded before and I don't like it - I'm not suggesting that.

However, when someone is here illegally, they should be deported. It's not happening.

I see several things here whether I'm right or off base:

Immigration judges are both judge and jury. The judge may well be subject to the political whims of his boss - The Attorney General, who also oversees the federal unit which investigates potential misconduct in Federal judges and Federal attorneys. The present Attorney General is suing Arizona for daring to encode Federal law into state statute.

As I stated above, I believe that the game is essentially that of after having been busted crashing the concert and milling in the back, the defense is that the crasher was in the process of buying tickets. And it flies.

I believe you are right that a small anti illegal immigration won't have the clout to do any of this. But what can be done is inform.

Most people believe that once ICE picks up an illegal, he's gone yesterday. Not so if the illegal fights it, and at least 60% of those brought before immigration court by ICE are cut loose.

How to change that particular problem without succumbing to tyranny of the majority either way or otherwise engineering unjust prosecution and malicious rulings might be successfully suggested.
When, or if, you feel something is wrong and no internal investigation or other remedies is working, you submit a inquiry to a grand jury. The attorney general[s] are not the only people who have access to a grand jury, the people / individuals have access as well.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:32 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole Younger View Post
Is SOS basically a cut and paste news outlet? or am I missing something? Beyond cut and paste for educational purposes, is there anything else going on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I'm not sure how to address the cut and paste thing.

How about honestly? Here, let me help you out: Yeah, that's pretty much it now. Occasionally, I'll go out and do something here in Sacramento, but outside of this county, SOS doesn't organize events any more.