Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 08-14-2010, 01:28 PM

Default Are you interested in doing a rally?

Are you interested in doing a rally? If so, where? What area would attract the most members?

I tried to get members to let me know what areas they were interested in a while back, but there was little response.

Give me some suggestions and we may proceed with organizing.

I have a friend who is out of the country who may be interested in doing something in Ventura County. But I'd like to hear from others.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:46 AM

I hope you get a lot of response. It is sad to see where we were a couple of years ago and where we are now. In those days I could not wait to get out there.
I will do anything except put in an appearance.
Good luck, hope to see some pics or videos soon.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:24 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Self-delete

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 08-15-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:33 AM
SOS Associate

In reference to your two locations, I'd vote for the Meg Whitman one because we are Californians. I'm all for AZ, but we cannot rely on their efforts alone.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:38 AM

We are not needed in the areas that Ray and Robin cover, they do a good job on their own.

Are there any other members who have suggestions?
Old 08-15-2010, 11:45 AM
"SZinWestLA"

We might also consider doing something to assist the Shaw Family. They've started running radio commercials recently, on KRLA and KABC. Apparently, they're about to start up another petition drive for Jamiel's Law. Anything we can do to help them get the word out is always well attended and an investment in good people who desperately need help.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:53 AM

The Shaw family do deserve some support.

Are there other members who would agree and are willing to attend?
Old 08-15-2010, 05:16 PM

I'd love to go as long as it's not 100 or more miles away. Yes Robin and Ray do a great job, and we need to band together, not split apart any more. Egos have gotten in the way and it's time to squash them.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:39 PM

Helping the Shaw's is probably the most righteous event we could organize right now. However, the event would need to be in Los Angeles County. While there are areas of the county that we would receive support (west San Fernando Valley, Pasadena, Arcadia, Monrovia) any event in L.A. County would bring out goonage. Not that that is a problem so long as our side focuses on the event. The main thing is that we need more than just 10 or 15 people. We need numbers. Do any of our L.A. based people have contact with the organizers of that Pro-Arizona rally a couple of months ago at L.A. City Hall? We can use them to get the word out.

Would Robin & Ray support the new SOS in an event by bringing people? How about Lupe Moreno, and other Latino patriots, can we get them to show? How about within the Tea Party Movement? Do we have a way to mobilize them? It's all about numbers. At too many rallies and marches I have seen so many of them and so little of us.

The other problem is a catch-22, in that the news won't cover a weekend event like they would a weekday event. A weekday event would not have good attendance because most people, unlike the illegals and their enablers, work for a living. Unless we get news coverage our event will simply be viewed as something that did not happen. Yes, we'll have Youtube video (both friend and foe), but no media exposure.

I hate to sound like a "Debbie Downer", but we need to think about these things. People seem to be upset, but are they upset enough to put down the chips and beer and actually do something about it? I hear a lot of talk on boards and on Facebook, but I really don't see anyone DOING ANYTHING.

I would love to be able to have some sort of event in which people from all over California, Nevada and Arizona come and support the Shaws. This family paid a horrendous price at the hands of an illegal immigrant. Helping them, and making a stand with them might be one of the best things that this SOS could to reboot itself.

Lastly, I don't think I have all the answers, but I have organized a few events in my career, and I am itching to get back into it again. However, I do not want to organize another event in which 5 or 10 people show up versus 20-30 goons. That's just not fun, and it is incredible discouraging.

I think we need to kick this one around, and get a plan of action together. But above all we need numbers, and not just from this board, but from other organizations (that will work with us), even ones whose agendas may not be focused on border security, so long as they are pro-Constitution and will support our cause (which is how the leftists get so many people to show up at their rallies & marches).
Old 08-16-2010, 06:34 AM
"SZinWestLA"

People will show for a Jamiel's Law event. They always have. They did in front of L.A. High. They also showed up downtown, at the House of Amun Re, and then again in front of that small park across the street.

Those poor parents and his family strike a common chord ... particularly w/ us border security advocating types. We'll get a good number of black (non-SOS affiliated) folks, as well. Their predicament generates sympathy and outrage, and a lot of people will drop their differences and/or apathy to attend. They certainly have in the past.

I don't mean to make any of you ill, but crazier things have happened than Chelene Nightingale attending, as well (maybe she'd bring along some of those Branch Davidian-like followers!). She has an established relationship with the family.

We can produce bodies for this endeavor (with enough advance notice), that won't be the problem.

Last edited by DerailAmnesty.com; 08-16-2010 at 06:40 AM.