Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Elections, Politics, and Partisanship

Elections, Politics, and Partisanship Topics relating to politics, elections, or party affiliations of interests to SOS associates

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 12-30-2011, 10:13 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Default Priority #1 This Coming Year

For anyone who harbors even a faint hope that current U.S. immigration laws will be enforced, a commitment to seeing the president lose his reelection bid is the top priority.

http://derailamnestydotcom.blogspot....d-in-2012.html
Old 12-31-2011, 04:27 AM

Please, Sir! Can you tell me who the Great Candidate is that you speak of? I have searched the list and all I can see is a bunch of blabbering idiots. Some of them will not know how to find the bath room if they make it to the WH.
It is not just the White House that we should worry about, think, school boards, City Councils, Mayors, Governors...............you get the idea?
As I look at who we have to vote for, I could cry.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:54 AM
"SZinWestLA"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Please, Sir! Can you tell me who the Great Candidate is that you speak of? I have searched the list and all I can see is a bunch of blabbering idiots. Some of them will not know how to find the bath room if they make it to the WH.
It is not just the White House that we should worry about, think, school boards, City Councils, Mayors, Governors...............you get the idea?
As I look at who we have to vote for, I could cry.

"Great" candidates? I don't think there are any. At least not any who are running for the presidency. What I am confident of, however, is that aren't any worse than the White House's current occupant. He's been a disaster, RIM, and there is no chance ... none ... zero ... that what SOS advocates for will ever be realized so long as Obama is the Chief Executive.

This guy absolutely has to go if we ever hope to see the borders secured and illegal aliens removed by the millions. It just doesn't get any simpler than that.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:02 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerailAmnesty.com View Post
"Great" candidates? I don't think there are any. At least not any who are running for the presidency. What I am confident of, however, is that aren't any worse than the White House's current occupant. He's been a disaster, RIM, and there is no chance ... none ... zero ... that what SOS advocates for will ever be realized so long as Obama is the Chief Executive.

This guy absolutely has to go if we ever hope to see the borders secured and illegal aliens removed by the millions. It just doesn't get any simpler than that.
There are certainly many reasons to vote the guy out, and nary a one to keep him. What might be better for us, isto work towards making the office of president irrelevant as possible since the people that finance it have made our input and wishes that way
Old 01-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Default Complicated

I'm probably rankle some here and maybe regret what I'm writing - But !!!!!!!!

Two or three months ago I wrote to Mitt Romney endorsing him. And he answered with a nice two page letter. He outlined his position clearly which I agree with completely. So why Mitt ?

I like him.

He looks Presidential.
He's squeaky clean.
He's been married to the same woman. He has a nice wife who would make a distinguished first Lady.
He has 4 nice sons.
He's successful.
He's rich.
He knows business and economy.
He's experienced, he was a Governor, his father was a Governor.
He's a conservative.
He has the credentials.
He will bring class to the White House.

I agree with his position on at least 80% of the many agendas from health to war, to economy, foreign policy, immigration and the rest. His Mormonism does not bother me at all. I'm 100% completely neutral on the matter of abortion *( even if I am pro-choice ).

So why not someone else ? Newt Gingrich? Rick Perry? Rob Paul? Michelle Bachman? Rick Santorum? Herman Cain? John Huntsman, Donald Trump? I don't dislike any of them. I agree with some and/or most of their agendas depending on the individual. I simply thought, then and now, that Mitt had the best chance of getting nominated, then BEATING OBAMA.

It really isn't important what I think. My vote is so minuscule that it means virtually nothing. It is the preponderance of voters, the majority, that determine the candidate and whether or not he takes office. So the criteria is - first: do I like the candidates agenda? Second: Is he, she electable ?

The opposition says Mitt flip flops. It does seem that he changed opinion and position from years ago. But he learned. All politicians say things that can be interpreted as two sides of an issue. Most promise the moon and "some" deliver little of their commitments. Mitt strikes me as honest and credible. I'm sitting here holding his letter commitment. If he strays I will write to him !!!

Am I trying to sell Mitt to you? Absolutely not. I think anyone should be free to choose whomever he, she pleases. Everyone has their own way of evaluating according to their experience, heritage, personal circumstances, environment. The trick is to get that someone into office.

Last edited by wetibbe; 01-01-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:

I can agree that the Preident has accomplished few of the things that I wanted, however, You must remember that Mitch McConnel said, as the President was sworn in, "The number one thing the Senate would do, is make sure that Obama would only serve one term.
That tellsl you that they would not sign on to anything he tried to do.

I really cannot ever forget that statement.