Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > SOS Management and Operation Discussion

SOS Management and Operation Discussion Questions and answers about the management and operation of Save Our State.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-03-2010, 09:49 PM

Default Missed The New Posts

I saw two pages of new posts last night and wasn't able to finish reading them so when I came back after midnight my time, they all left and I could only read 1 new message.

How do I get to see the messages that were posted yesterday to re-read or read the new ones?

The closest I could find in the faqs was this:

Quote:
The administrator can also set up the forums so that each thread you read is marked in the database. If this option is set, then new threads (or threads with new posts) will not be marked as read until you have actually read them.

There is a built-in time limit to this, however, that will automatically mark all threads as 'read' after a set number of day, whether you really have read them or not. The default setting is 10 days, but the administrator could make this higher or lower.
The old SOS site would do this automatically (I didn't do anything) and I really miss being able to go back. I never thought about it but I think it went back like 45 days or something...I don't remember but it was awhile so please don't jump on my bad memory.

Last edited by rs232c; 04-03-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Administrator

I'll check the settings now, but I think you can also just log out, and then all the posts become "new" again
Old 04-03-2010, 11:03 PM
As seen on TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
I'll check the settings now, but I think you can also just log out, and then all the posts become "new" again
That's good to know.
I'm running on solar /deep-cycle batteries here, and quite often I'll click on a pagefull of new posts, read a few, and My inverter will scream "I'm running out of juice", so I'll swap-out batteries, only to miss a majority of the new postings.
I'll try logging out next time it happens to see if that does the trick.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:18 PM

Thank You!

I signed out and back, clicked on New Posts...and there were none.

I will try to figure something out until it changes.

I really do appreciate your attention to this.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:11 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs232c View Post
Thank You!

I signed out and back, clicked on New Posts...and there were none.

I will try to figure something out until it changes.

I really do appreciate your attention to this.
Don't sign back in....just sign out and click todays posts. If you sign back in first the cookie will recognize that you have already been there.
there is a way to set the thing as you mentioned, but it can put more strain on the server. I'll have to read more on it