Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > Associates in Action

Associates in Action SOS associates may propose events, activities and projects in the pursuit of our agenda.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-30-2010, 02:49 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Default Santa Ana College Protest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I will not organize an event unless we have posters or at least a banner. The last event cost one of our members about $200 which he gladly donated and has helped out even more. There is the cost of this site and other expenses which only three members have donated to help out. They know who they are, and thank you so much ladies. But if we are to have a rally or protest, we need to have our organization represented with something with our name on it. Davi has the sign trailer, but we have nothing.

OK, I'll do this one. You certainly expended your share of effort on the last two. What we don't have we can buy or make. In Orange County, even someone lacking considerable organizing skills (that's me!) can get a dozen or more bodies out for an anti-illegal immigration event.

This one has value. It's a good topic regarding the role our institutions are playing in perpetuating the presence of illegals in California.

Pocho, I'm going to send you a PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXZo3phy56E

As you can see at this event, we used poster cardboard from the dollar store, and I used a 2 1/2 stencil set I bought plus a black marker.

Altogether it was maybe $10.00 (because of the initial cost of the stencils) and I have been using the same stencil set since 2006 (I think they are cheaper now). Have to buy a new marker after a few signs.

I now use 2 signs, one on each side of a poster matte board. I just make new posters and change on the matte board. I am sure in the Los Angeles area, you can probably find really big pieces of cardboard and tape more than one poster paper side by side to make a banner, then just fold it instead of rolling it.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:54 PM
"SZinWestLA"

Never mind the poster materials, I want that fetching young creature in the red top. With that running mouth and the racist invectives that keep popping out of it, I think I've found a girl to take home to Mom ;^)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Large signs and banners won't be a problem. One of the unintended consequences of getting involved in anti-illegal immigration activism is that I know more about home-made and professionally made signs and banners in the L.A. area than I ever imagined there was to know (actually, prior to 2006, I never really gave the subject(s) any thought).