Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > State Government

State Government Issues of importance to SOS associates relating to their state government.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-31-2010, 12:44 PM

Default GOP's Whitman disavows 'proud racist' councilman

GOP's Whitman disavows 'proud racist' councilman
(01-30) 10:02 PST Sacramento, Calif. (AP) --
Republican gubernatorial hopeful Meg Whitman announced Saturday she was severing ties with an elected official who described himself as a "proud racist."
The Whitman campaign disavowed Santa Clarita Councilman Bob Kellar's remarks one day after state Democrats called on the former eBay chief executive to distance herself from Kellar.
At a recent Tea Party-style rally in Southern California, Kellar blamed illegal immigrants for harming the economy. Located north of Los Angeles, Santa Clarita has seen a large influx of Hispanic immigrants.
Kellar recalled that Theodore Roosevelt once said the United States had room for only one flag and for one language — English. He said he mentioned the former president's comment at a City Council meeting several years ago.
"The only thing I heard back from a couple of people was, 'Bob, you sound like a racist,'" Kellar told the rally. "I said, 'That's good. If that's what you think I am because I happen to believe in America, then I'm a proud racist. You're darn right I am.'"
His videotaped remarks were posted on YouTube and caused an uproar.
Kellar said afterward that his comments were taken out of context but he has no regrets over the remark.
On Friday, Martha Escutia, general counsel for the California Democratic Party, released a statement, saying "There should be no room for racists in the Republican primary or any part of our electoral system."
Whitman's campaign shed Kellar's endorsement Saturday.
"Bob Kellar's remarks stoke the worst type of political dialogue," said campaign spokeswoman Sarah Pompei. "Meg is running for governor to help bring Californians together for a common purpose. Mr. Kellar's comments are unacceptable. He has voluntarily ended his limited involvement with our campaign."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz0eEAqpVro
Old 01-31-2010, 01:10 PM

Meg Whitman should be told exactly how the public feels about this. As a board member of SOS I can not advise you or anyone else on how or what to say, I leave that up all of you. Her website will direct you on how to contact her if you chose to do so. But what I can say is political correctness and the democratic party are what she is pandering to.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:58 PM

Whitman is another RINO. Interviewed on one of the talk radio shows, she said she would have opposed Prop. 187... because it would have harmed "the children."

Of course she didn't say whose children, but we know the answer to that.

American children be damned.

Whitman is a pig, but may be better than Jerry Brown. We are leaderless in the fight for America against our occupation government.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Whitman is another RINO. Interviewed on one of the talk radio shows, she said she would have opposed Prop. 187... because it would have harmed "the children."

Of course she didn't say whose children, but we know the answer to that.

American children be damned.

Whitman is a pig, but may be better than Jerry Brown. We are leaderless in the fight for America against our occupation government.
No she will not be better than Brown, they're both equal.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:06 PM
"SZinWestLA"

You guys realize, of course, Meg Whitman is conveniently providing us with a great protest opportunity. As the election draws closer, she'll set up some Saturday or Sunday appearance in So. California, and when she does, SOS types (next to hundreds or thousands of Whitman supporters and press) can show up with all sorts of signs decrying her RINO politics and urging the need for border security rather than "compassion" for "the children."
Old 01-31-2010, 07:57 PM
SOS Associate

I was thinking along those lines also,

SOS can protest her stance on illegals without taking a position for, or against her as a candidate. We'd just have focus on the issue only.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I was thinking along those lines also,

SOS can protest her stance on illegals without taking a position for, or against her as a candidate. We'd just have focus on the issue only.
Yes that was my thought also. If I were her I'd apologize to Bob Kellar asap. Because the blogs are not taking kindly to what she just did.