Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Communities and Quality of Life > Communities in Crisis

Communities in Crisis California cities, towns, and counties suffering under corruption, crime, foreign influence or economic loss

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-22-2012, 09:31 PM
SOS Associate

Default My Neighborhood Sliding Downward

I have been living on the outskirts of the badlands for many years. Our neighborhood had been resisting the influences of low income housing and low class residents. But the walls have been weakening over the last few years, and especially so this last one. I experienced a break-in last evening, not the house (yet anyway), but the truck. Fortunately the thief got scared away, maybe by the dog, maybe something else, and they didn't have time to clean me out. I lost a couple small cherished trinkets and a couple of electronic tools that can be replaced when some income flows my way again. They rifled the entire truck, under the seats and emptying out little pouches with this and that inside. They took a very old pack of smokes that I found in a store I emptied out in January, and my lucky 50 cent piece. Probably some things I don't know I'm missing yet either.

Things could have been much worse of course, but looking around the 'hood lately kind of brings the reality closer. Half of the houses on our court have been repossessed. 50% is quite a number. The rest of the immediate vicinity isn't faring much better. Some homeless moved in and squatted in one of them last month, and the bank evicted them while I watched. But examining the crime reports, those who still file them anyway, shows a frightening trend. We also had a murder over at the school yard this year, a 14 year old girl, and no real leads yet other than a grainy residents home video of a person running away from the area.

Sirens abound all the time now, and the police were trying to corner some subjects by our house last week using numerous units, the whirlybird, and some dogs. Don't know how that one came out yet, because the sheriff is getting mighty slow with the public information these days.

We also have rats stealing our tomatoes now, at least two and maybe three, but I should count my blessing that homeless haven't moved into the treehouse and laid claim

Anyway, for all you in the south end of the madhouse we call our state, I'll say you can welcome me to the battlefield. We knew this was coming, didn't we? Damn these politician scum
Old 07-23-2012, 07:02 AM

It is affecting everyone. Glad you are safe.