Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > The Media

The Media Topics and information relating to the Media (publications, television, press, first amendment issues, etc) of interest to SOS Associates and Users

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-11-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWHBLCAIN View Post
Hmmm wonder what the liberal media would call the so called mobs if they were conservative whites? Terrorists trying to overrun the government?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
That is possible. It all depends on who the author of the piece is.
Seriously, recall that at one time this country saw lynch mobs. The victims were not always non-white. But we don't see that any more and we shouldn't tolerate that kind behavior from anyone.

A mob that sets out simply to damage property and assault people who are just minding their own business deserve to come up against lethal force adminstered by responsible arms carrying citizens, kids included. We need to get over the notion that children should be immune from the accusation of voluntarily participating in aggressive violence. Parents are capable of instilling this kind of aggression in them. They are not innocent. Sometimes that's why people have kids, as acts of aggression.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:55 AM

My problem with that article is the title, White Mob Terrorizes Black Milwaukeeans (not true). I think the title is intentionaly provoking.

We all complain about the Lame Stream Media however, we believe what we want.

There is no reason any mob can be justified. Don't believe you are going to be protected by LEO, they will run for their lives just like us. They can be sued by the mob if they do any thing, remember May Day in McArthur Park?
The flash mob is just another, new fun thing. During the events, pictures should be taken if at all possible.

People and the press should not esclate the matter, just for the fun or for the purpose of creating more. Calling for more guns is not the answer. Right now, count how many gun related incidents are reported EVERY day and night.
If anyone has a sensible solution I would like to hear it. I don't think it is really helpful to call for more guns, I think that just makes more people trigger happy.

BTW, I am for gun ownership.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post

People and the press should not esclate the matter, just for the fun or for the purpose of creating more. Calling for more guns is not the answer. Right now, count how many gun related incidents are reported EVERY day and night.
If anyone has a sensible solution I would like to hear it. I don't think it is really helpful to call for more guns, I think that just makes more people trigger happy.

BTW, I am for gun ownership.
More guns alone is not the solution, but responsible gun ownership should be encouraged. This means training that should go along with gun ownership that includes exactly when it is legally appropriate to introduce a firearm for purposes of self defense. This kind of training also explains how to avoid those kind of situations in the first place.

And maybe training is what is most basically needed. The public needs a strategy for confronting these mobs to protect themselves and their property. Just sitting back and calling the police obviously isn't enough. There are other weapons that can be brought to bear, like immediately available heavy objects. Mace is always a good one and vulnerable businesses should always have a supply on hand capable of dealing with mobs.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:31 AM

Rimo, the addition of (not true) was mine and the reason for the headline being stated was to make the point that the author of the piece was trying to make which was the bias of the media for not reporting this story except at a local level. Had the rolls been reverse the story would have gone national. Anyone paying attention to what is being reported today would know that is very true. I can't count the amount of times I've read horrific stories that are only reported at a local level because it was Whites who were the victims. The double standard is being harder and harder to hide due to the internet and the incidents of this hiding the story it piling up.

The goal of posting this was not just to point out the bias in reporting when it doesn't reflect well on Blacks, it was to draw attention to how often we are not informed of a story. Sometimes it's an illegal, sometimes it's a Muslim or it's someone in our movement trying to get the word out.

This board and others like it are where we stand a chance of informing people of stories like this.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:15 PM

Jean, I read that article several times trying to decide if you added that (not true). Since I could not decide I answered as if it was the author.

The gun and mob issues are real and do need

an answer. I really don't think more guns are the answer. Look at how many people are gunned down for no real reason.

And yes, those who do want to own guns should have training first.
I grew up with guns so I do not fear them in responsible hands.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:13 PM

Training? Are you kidding?

How much training does it take to shoot someone at point blank range who's beating the hell out of you?
Old 07-12-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Training? Are you kidding?

How much training does it take to shoot someone at point blank range who's beating the hell out of you?
Good question, but since I've never handled a gun, I would feel much better if I had some training before having to point it at anyone. But I'm sure if my life were at stake, I'd not hesitate to use it anyway.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Good question, but since I've never handled a gun, I would feel much better if I had some training before having to point it at anyone. But I'm sure if my life were at stake, I'd not hesitate to use it anyway.
That's wise. If you have a gun and you can't tell if it's on safety, or if it is loaded or how to avoid shooting yourself accidentally, you might as well not be carrying one at all. You should know that it is possible to get handgun training without owning a handgun at all. Most training classes will supply a series of handguns for you to learn how to handle and shoot. These will represent the different types available so you get a broad experience. They also talk about the law and how to avoid situations where you might not be able to clearly claim self defense. More than a few murderers have claimed self defense in shooting incidents.

Keeping firearms for purposes of self defense is no small responsibility.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I didn't contemplate a complete novice when I posted my comment. Obviously "training", i.e. basic firearms safety and familiarity are necessary. It's just not such a big deal as handwringing, anti-gun people would have you think.

I've taught many people to shoot. It's not that difficult to learn. Much easier than driving a car.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I didn't contemplate a complete novice when I posted my comment. Obviously "training", i.e. basic firearms safety and familiarity are necessary. It's just not such a big deal as handwringing, anti-gun people would have you think.

I've taught many people to shoot. It's not that difficult to learn. Much easier than driving a car.
Yes, I would assume so. It's not rocket science.