Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > SOS Management and Operation Discussion

SOS Management and Operation Discussion Questions and answers about the management and operation of Save Our State.

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 01-06-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Phil, we are getting along and we're doing fine. Time has a way of healing old wounds as long as they don't continue to be picked at, if you get my point. Some of those you are nostalgic for actually caused the problems and are continuing to try to cause problems. We don't need to be reminded of what we could have been, because we have a goal and the drive to get there just as we are now. Just keep your eyes open and you'll see.
I have to agree. The notion that citizens of the US have always acted together in solidarity for the cause that is these United States of America is simply not true. And it is also true that some of these folks have posed the most dramatically as patriots and "true Americans". After the 9/11 terrorist attack, it was a little strange that right away, there was a mob of people running around declaring that we were all together now and America was back and it was clear who the enemy really was. Stuff like that. And if you didn't respond right away to that, the other folks popped up right away who were saying that it never happened, or it was a government conspiracy, or it really wasn't a terrorist attack. Stuff like that.

Living in the US and making it work the way it is supposed to is all about looking the other guy and asking in your own mind, "Oh yeah? Maybe, maybe not. Show me." Experience instructs best in what is really going on, but experience is sometimes hard to keep track of.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Phil, we are getting along and we're doing fine. Time has a way of healing old wounds as long as they don't continue to be picked at, if you get my point.
Jean, I assume you're implying I'm picking at a wound here. You say we're getting along and doing fine, but when someone impugns your loyalty and calls you trash because she doesn't like your posts, I wouldn't call that getting along and doing fine.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 01-06-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Jean, I assume you're implying I'm picking at a wound here. You say we're getting along and doing fine, but when someone impugns your loyalty and calls you trash because she doesn't like your posts, I wouldn't call that getting along and doing fine.
Phil, I didn't read it as she was calling you trash, I read it as she was implying that those you say you miss are some of the trash we can surely do without. As I've written before and most people know, the written word is often misinterpreted. How you read it and how I read it were completely different. Glory and I understand each other and I know how she meant it, at least I think I do.

Phil, we're moving on and as I wrote before, we're doing rather well. We will be a stronger and better organization. That you can bet on. There are no grand standers here. We all work together. That has become very apparent with the joint effort being put forth to organize this rally. It's been amazing and I'm so proud to be a part of this group. Just wait and you'll see.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Continent Thief

Jean, you could be right about the trash part, I'll probably never know. At any rate, I'm willing to let it drop for now. I've got to say I really respect your attitude, however. It's really upbeat and positive, and I have to admit my original comment was perhaps a little too negative for the forum, even though it's the way I really feel. I guess at times it's just better to keep certain comments to one's self.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."

Last edited by LAPhil; 01-06-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:29 PM

Glory, thank you for your kind words. It is so nice to see someone say that a person has done something good. Believe me every time I stood or tried to walk in the streets it was with all my heart. I am glad for all those times we had together.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:31 PM

I don't pine for the "old days". We did a lot of good, but we had a leader that was more interested in promoting her agenda rather than leading an organization. We had a number of "End the Fed" rallies. Why? I don't know other than they played into the Ron Paul agenda of the former leader and current gubernatorial candidate.

We saw posters and active members ridiculed and eventually banned for merely voicing a dissenting opinion in the 2008 Presidential election season. This was the beginning of the end of the "old days." Instead of being a group focused on the removal of illegal aliens it became a tool to advance a political agenda.

I am glad that the management of this group has seen fit to keep political agendas quashed. If we keep the individual politics to a minimum, and focus on the task at hand, then I believe that we can rise from the ashes. If we do this, then they will be forced to deal with us. "They" meaning the Reconquistas and those groups led by people that are loyal to personalities instead of the movement.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAPhil View Post
Jean, you could be right about the trash part, I'll probably never know. At any rate, I'm willing to let it drop for now. I've got to say I really respect your attitude, however. It's really upbeat and positive, and I have to admit my original comment was perhaps a little too negative for the forum, even though it's the way I really feel. I guess at times it's just better to keep certain comments to one's self.
No harm, no foul Phil. There are some members of the old SOS that I would like to get in contact with myself, but don't know how I could do that. I understand your wanting to see some of them, but you may see plenty of them at the next rally, or the one after that. You saw the old SOS through your own eyes and experiences and may have come to different conclusions than some of us, so you're entitled. But we have some surprises in store for you. Like I said, just wait and see. The people we have getting this rally together have worked great together and have gone way beyond what one would expect of anyone. I'm telling you, it has been fantastic. We've had people in this org and other orgs just bend over backwards to get things done, and it's working. There's no stopping us now!

Last edited by Jeanfromfillmore; 01-07-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
I'm telling you, it has been fantastic. We've had people in this org and other orgs just bend over backwards to get things done, and it's working. There's no stopping us now!
Thanks for the info about how people are working. Yes, we have had some very good people and they are out there someplace. I have a few email addresses but I am not sure those people are available now. Each person had his/her reason for dropping out in late 2007 and most of all 2008. I don't think most of SOSinfo had anything to with their leaving. Most of those who left did so before mid 2008.
The success of this Rally depends on ALL those who want to STOP this AMENSTY bill.
I am behind all of you. I hope it does not rain. The weather man is talking about rain next week.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rim05 View Post
Thanks for the info about how people are working. Yes, we have had some very good people and they are out there someplace. I have a few email addresses but I am not sure those people are available now. Each person had his/her reason for dropping out in late 2007 and most of all 2008. I don't think most of SOSinfo had anything to with their leaving. Most of those who left did so before mid 2008.
The success of this Rally depends on ALL those who want to STOP this AMENSTY bill.
I am behind all of you. I hope it does not rain. The weather man is talking about rain next week.
Ya Rimo, I have the weather in the back of my mind also. I sure hope it doesn't rain, or be too windy. Let's just keep our fingers crossed.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:11 AM

To all my fellow Patriots who have been out in the trenches and have been physically attacked by the enemy. This is something a keyboard warrior could/would never understand. Back in the day when "Men were Men" and not all this mushy feelly stuff. I feel waa, waa, waa. God bless us and thank God no one has been killed at any of these protests.

TEDDY ROOSEVELT

U.S. President and Recipient of the Medal of Honor

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Last edited by Ole Glory; 01-09-2010 at 11:22 AM.