Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > General Forum (non official Save Our State business) > General Discussion

General Discussion Topics of a general nature not relative to any other specific section here

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 04-18-2011, 03:38 PM

Default Al Sharpton: ‘Media Promotes Black on Black Fight’

Al Sharpton: ‘Media Promotes Black on Black Fight’
By Don Irvine April 18, 2011

The never-shy Rev. Al Sharpton played up the race card during a panel at the National Action Network meeting last week.
Sharpton took issue with the panel’s moderator Roland Martin who wanted to know what Obama’s falling approval ratings among African-Americans means with the election only a year and a half away:
Sharpton: One, we’ve got to see if we believe all the polls. Let’s start there because…
Martin: But we believed it when it was high.
Sharpton: No we believed it when we voted, high, and it was clear that the polls were reflecting the vote. So I think that what the media has tried to do is to have this black on black fight with the black community and President Obama.
Sharpton seems to have forgotten how friendly the mainstream media have been to Obama and that they’ve done all they could to prop him up against withering criticism from the right. Instead of accusing them of trying to fan the flames, he should be thanking them for protecting Obama as much as they have.
As for Sharpton’s claim that Obama has been held to a higher standard than white presidents, it was Obama himself, and his supporters, who set the bar high. After all, he was declared to be the first post-racial president, and he said that lobbyists would have no place in his administration. That wasn’t the media’s doings, but his own.
In response to a question from the audience on when people of color would form a political party to counter the Tea Party, Sharpton brought up his counter-rally to Glenn Beck’s last summer as an example of his successful effort to combat conservative activists. The only problem is that his rally drew much smaller numbers, left a much bigger mess, and was more racially divisive than the peaceful Beck event.
It’s a sad commentary on the state of our society when liberals like Sharpton, having failed to win the ideological battle, resort to using the race card to gain sympathy. This only divides our country even more.
http://www.aim.org/don-irvine-blog/a...n-black-fight/
Old 04-19-2011, 08:49 AM

People of color forming their own political party?

They already have one: It's called the Democrat Party.

How about people of color forming their own country? That's a proposal most of us would support. Oh...I forgot. They already have their own countries...Haiti, Zimbabwe, Somalia and others and people of color from those paradises struggle to come to the dirty rotten white USA for a "better life."
Old 04-19-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
People of color forming their own political party?

They already have one: It's called the Democrat Party.

How about people of color forming their own country? That's a proposal most of us would support. Oh...I forgot. They already have their own countries...Haiti, Zimbabwe, Somalia and others and people of color from those paradises struggle to come to the dirty rotten white USA for a "better life."
Don, we're not the "white" USA, we're simply the "USA", No matter how much the racist who tout their ethnicity cry they're a victim. I have many friends who are not "white" who consider themselves just US citizens because they are. I realize that some of those "white" people are the same ones standing up with Sharpton, and some of those minorities are standing up with me. I know who my enemy is, and it's not evident by their skin color, it's evident by who they think they are.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Don, we're not the "white" USA, we're simply the "USA", No matter how much the racist who tout their ethnicity cry they're a victim. I have many friends who are not "white" who consider themselves just US citizens because they are. I realize that some of those "white" people are the same ones standing up with Sharpton, and some of those minorities are standing up with me. I know who my enemy is, and it's not evident by their skin color, it's evident by who they think they are.
I responded to your post about a "person of color" who wanted a party of "people of color."

If blacks want to have their own political party, who the Hell are you to tell them they can't?

Also, I watched the link and one of the black panelists objected to turning over black kids to someone else to educate and said that black kids should be educated by their parents and the black church. If blacks want to go back to racially segregated education, who are you to tell them they can't do that either?

Post script:

Here is the Black Panther Party website calling for boycotts of non-black businesses.

"THE DAY OF ACTION AND UNITY ORGANIZERS ARE ALSO CALLING FOR A BUY BLACK ONLY CAMPAIGN AND A BOYCOTT OF ALL NON-BLACK BUSINESSES FOR THE WEEKEND OF APRIL 23RD."

http://www.dayofactionmovement.org/

Blacks want their own political party, their own schools, their own stores, their own neighborhoods... WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TELL BLACK PEOPLE THEY CAN'T HAVE THESE THINGS?

Last edited by Don; 04-19-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I responded to your post about a "person of color" who wanted a party of "people of color."

If blacks want to have their own political party, who the Hell are you to tell them they can't?

Also, I watched the link and one of the black panelists objected to turning over black kids to someone else to educate and said that black kids should be educated by their parents and the black church. If blacks want to go back to racially segregated education, who are you to tell them they can't do that either?

Post script:

Here is the Black Panther Party website calling for boycotts of non-black businesses.

"THE DAY OF ACTION AND UNITY ORGANIZERS ARE ALSO CALLING FOR A BUY BLACK ONLY CAMPAIGN AND A BOYCOTT OF ALL NON-BLACK BUSINESSES FOR THE WEEKEND OF APRIL 23RD."

http://www.dayofactionmovement.org/

Blacks want their own political party, their own schools, their own stores, their own neighborhoods... WHO THE HELL ARE YOU TO TELL BLACK PEOPLE THEY CAN'T HAVE THESE THINGS?
Don, I agree with you that "if" Blacks want this or that, then they should get it to some degree, but you're assuming that Sharpton speaks for all Blacks and he doesn't. My point is that you stated we are a "White" USA, and we're not. Sure there are plenty of Blacks who agree with Sharpton, but there are plenty who do not. I agree with you that people like Sharption and Jackson are going way over the line with their racist attitudes and those that follow that train of thought are just plain ugly. But I don't feel we would be better off if we were a "White only" country. I would miss having my friends here who are not White. You can feel as you do, and I certainly understand some of your opinion and feelings, but that does not mean I have to agree with them.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:24 AM
Patriotic Pragmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
Don, I agree with you that "if" Blacks want this or that, then they should get it to some degree, but you're assuming that Sharpton speaks for all Blacks and he doesn't. My point is that you stated we are a "White" USA, and we're not. Sure there are plenty of Blacks who agree with Sharpton, but there are plenty who do not. I agree with you that people like Sharption and Jackson are going way over the line with their racist attitudes and those that follow that train of thought are just plain ugly. But I don't feel we would be better off if we were a "White only" country. I would miss having my friends here who are not White. You can feel as you do, and I certainly understand some of your opinion and feelings, but that does not mean I have to agree with them.
no we're not a white USA.
we're a european + injun amalgam USA.
Contrary to liberal propaganda, most natives don't want whitey gone, in fact, most of the native americans weren't killed off, they intermarried with whites. if you don't believe me, go to my grandpa's hometown in kansas, population 1700. One of my best patriot friends is 1/4 lakota. To me, he is a TYPICAL true American.

In other words, American is a real ethnic Identity.
it's : mostly white, with a lil injun or a lil italian, or a lil something, but going with the program, loving your freedom, and not whining about how oppressed you are.
it's funny how those most aggresive of neo-con warhawks, refuse to acknowledge the war of invasion at our border. It almost seems as if they're worried about defending an entirely different country than our own.
it's time to put America first.

SMASH THE REDS! LIBERAL PROGRESSIVES: FLEE!

Arizona has spoken. Will America listen?
Old 04-20-2011, 07:51 AM
SOS Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Flag Republican View Post
no we're not a white USA.
we're a european + injun amalgam USA.
I don't think the numbers would support that claim anymore. At one time, probably, but not now.

Quote:
Contrary to liberal propaganda, most natives don't want whitey gone, in fact, most of the native americans weren't killed off, they intermarried with whites.
I don't think the numbers would support that claim either, and I'm certain the injuns would turn over in their graves at the minimalization of their deaths.
whether they want whitey gone or not is something I could say, but I'm willing to wager they would have faired a lot worse under british, german, or japanese rule, had they been victorious in any of the previous conflicts. I don't know that they'd prefer mexican rule either, given that government's treatment of indigeonous inhabitants, and the manner in which they have meted out justice.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Patriotic Pragmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
I don't think the numbers would support that claim anymore. At one time, probably, but not now.
;(
it's funny how those most aggresive of neo-con warhawks, refuse to acknowledge the war of invasion at our border. It almost seems as if they're worried about defending an entirely different country than our own.
it's time to put America first.

SMASH THE REDS! LIBERAL PROGRESSIVES: FLEE!

Arizona has spoken. Will America listen?