Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Save Our State Official Section > Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events Official Events Managed, Assisted, or Supported By Save Our State

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 07-07-2010, 07:18 AM

I hope you get some help for tomorrow. Sac is so far from me and I don't know anyone is Sac.

The way things are happening these days, everyone who cares just a bit better get out there and do something, other wise the end is near.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Continent Thief

Have you called Chelene? (Sorry, couldn't resist). I'd be there if I could but I can't get away on a weekday right now.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 07-08-2010, 12:10 PM

Notice:

AG could not get a wifi signal at the event site, so as a result he will not be able to upload the event until he returns home later this evening.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:14 PM

Thanks for posting something. I was watching to see if anything developed.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:07 PM
SOS Associate

Old 07-08-2010, 08:08 PM
SOS Associate

Old 07-08-2010, 08:09 PM
SOS Associate

Old 07-08-2010, 08:28 PM
SOS Associate

Wow! Long day in the sun or me. Dawes also stayed most of the day. He's bailed me out an many of these events that way over the years.
We erected the flagpole around 8, and raised the flags around 9. The legislature is out of seession, but the capitol still generated a lot of people throughout the day. You'll see a picture of leading senator Daryl Steinberg above. I spoke at him, and he acknowledged me, but kept their distance from us while reviewing the display.
Several people came from long distances (bay area) to see the event. I remember a couple of them from prior events throughout the year.
Many people signed our pledge, and we got a lot of support from those willing to take the heat for doing so. Gotta remember that this is the capitol, and may people that work there are wearing the golden handcuffs. I'd say there again is a lot of silent support.
Not too many detractors either. One latino guy said I chood get a real chob, man. No fingers, but a noticable amount of thumbs up. I only saw 2 thumbs down the whole day.
One guy we spoke with is running against John Garamendi for congress. He used to be a state worker in the Folsom prison, and dealt with releasing the inmates, illegal's included. We learned a little about that.
The flagpole performed flawlessly, although we had some twisting of the halyard at first.

The bad news though is that I got a parking tickee for staying 2 hours in a 1 hour zone, event though I paid the meter. Parking in the lot was 18.00 for 6 hours. I also got a fairly decent sunburn going, and I broke my front bridge. That last one is going to be financially painful, as well as affect the beauty index for a while.

I got some video too, but I'm on lack of sleep and sore muscles, so I'll post them tomorrow.
The accomplishment was that we took our flag and planted it in enemy territory all day long. The first trick is to let 'em know we're back, and next we'll start tellin 'em to move over and make room for our input
Old 07-08-2010, 08:33 PM

I imagined there would be more people. But I've been there many times where there were huge crowds of people.

Thanks to all who showed up.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:58 PM

Gee, it really is difficult to get people out for anything any more.
I thank both of you from the bottom of my heart for your days work.
THE FLAGS LOOKED SO BEAUTIFUL. GREAT JOB.