Save Our State  

Go Back   Save Our State > Priority Topics Section > Immigration

Immigration Topics relating to the subject of US Immigration

WELCOME BACK!.............NEW EFFORTS AHEAD..........CHECK BACK SOON.........UPDATE YOUR EMAIL FOR NEW NOTIFICATIONS.........

Old 05-30-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
The federal government is the only one who can enforce immigration law. What Arizona is doing is police power, which our constitution does not allow the federal government to do.
The Feds have done quite a bit of policing over the last two hundred years, whether it is constitutional or not.

In the matter of immigration law, the government has chosen not to enforce.

For example, the executive employee at ICE coming out on record that ICE won't process illegal aliens Arizona detains.

After I heard that, I made it clear to my elected representatives that if a government employee refuses to do his job, it is insubordination and that person needs to be fired.

I also made it clear that that if elected officials had no interest in seeing to it that government employees do the job they were hired to do, there was no real reason for those officials to continue with federal employment as well.

They can't keep the lid on the immigration issue much longer, and however it is resolved it's my belief that there will be quite a few formerly secure politicians unhorsed over the couple of elections over the issue.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
The Feds have done quite a bit of policing over the last two hundred years, whether it is constitutional or not.

In the matter of immigration law, the government has chosen not to enforce.

For example, the executive employee at ICE coming out on record that ICE won't process illegal aliens Arizona detains.

After I heard that, I made it clear to my elected representatives that if a government employee refuses to do his job, it is insubordination and that person needs to be fired.

I also made it clear that that if elected officials had no interest in seeing to it that government employees do the job they were hired to do, there was no real reason for those officials to continue with federal employment as well.

They can't keep the lid on the immigration issue much longer, and however it is resolved it's my belief that there will be quite a few formerly secure politicians unhorsed over the couple of elections over the issue.
I agree with you 100%, but what I was pointing out is that the state of Arizona is well within the Constitution with what they are doing. Only states can use "Police Power" that is why there is no "Government Police". The government is allowed to investigate then take it to the states to police or courts to enforce. This is not what our government is doing, and we all know it. But the left is crying that what Arizona is doing is unconstitutional.

It will be interesting to see what happens in court.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Yes. Your simplistic answer leaves out illegals from Ireland, Haiti, China, etc. The Homeland security people, or any governmental agency is not allowed to focus on a race when applying the law.
Thankfully you're not in a position to design criteria for law enforcement, else I might be sitting in jail or along the roadside 'splainin' myself instead of conducting billboard events, protests, or rallies.
No way could I let this go

Yes , there are illegals from all over the world , but how many of them are marching in our streets with their national flags , demanding , screaming , and speaking their home language ?

One plugs the biggest hole first

I saw an interview with Luis Gut and Jd today , Luis kept spouting about going after the employers.
Ok , and the first time an employer questions someones "fake" id they get slammed with a discrimination suit , Also it was the Dems if I recall (Bennie Thompson) and his ilk that screamed about sending out the SS no match letters. Worksite raids? Of course they work , but they are a thing of the past , at least as long as DumbBomba is in office.

I've been "profiled" "id'd" and let go when my papers were found to be in order and I had no wants or warrants.
If a hispanic , asian , martian or someone from lower Slobovia has legal Id then whats the problem with being ask? Asking for Id is in no way close to what happened in Nazi Germany , heck , its not even close to what they do in mexico

No my friend , Do not chastise me for rendering the simple solution , the simple answer.
Get rid of a few million by letting them know the jig is up , the rest will follow
Old 05-30-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanfromfillmore View Post
I agree with you 100%, but what I was pointing out is that the state of Arizona is well within the Constitution with what they are doing. Only states can use "Police Power" that is why there is no "Government Police". The government is allowed to investigate then take it to the states to police or courts to enforce. This is not what our government is doing, and we all know it. But the left is crying that what Arizona is doing is unconstitutional.

It will be interesting to see what happens in court.
Jean
It is a simple answer , It will remain ON ICE , in Limbo and unenforced , the first lib judge will render it moot until appeal

Any guesses on how many YEARS it will take this to get to the SC ?

If an appeals court (9th) doesn't strike it down first
Old 05-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa today View Post
Jean
It is a simple answer , It will remain ON ICE , in Limbo and unenforced , the first lib judge will render it moot until appeal

Any guesses on how many YEARS it will take this to get to the SC ?

If an appeals court (9th) doesn't strike it down first
Even if the 9th Circus Court of Schlemiels strikes it down it can still be appealed to the Supreme Court. So the law very well could be put on ice for a while, but I think it will have a much better chance of being upheld by the Supreme Court than any of the lower courts.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 05-31-2010, 06:01 AM

The important thing is that the Arizona immigration law is forcing the hand of governmental obstructionists and encouraging others to act according to their convictions.

It's great that someone in a state government finally had the balls to bring the issue to the forefront.

Hay burros en el maiz

RAP IS TO MUSIC WHAT ETCH-A-SKETCH IS TO ART

Don't drink and post.

"A nickel will get you on the subway, but garlic will get you a seat." - Old New York Yiddish Saying

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra

Old journeyman commenting on young apprentices - "Think about it, these are their old days"

SOMETIMES IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Never, ever, wear a bright colored shirt to a stand up comedy show.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:14 AM
Continent Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilbegone View Post
The important thing is that the Arizona immigration law is forcing the hand of governmental obstructionists and encouraging others to act according to their convictions.

It's great that someone in a state government finally had the balls to bring the issue to the forefront.
Exactly. That's the bottom line.

Ich Bin Ein Arizonan!

"I entirely reject the concept, however, of "anchor babies." If parents are found to be here illegally, then the whole family, children as well, should be sent back to the parents' country of origin."
Old 05-31-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:

You have la raza , mecha , lulac and a hundred others screaming its racial and not a matter of law enforcement, they believe that if your hispanic you should be immune from all US laws.

I still believe that until we call the problem what it is , we don't have a chance of fixing it. We just keep kowtowing to PC and remain scared of our own shadows ,scared of being called racist , scared of public perception (when 70% of the public agree with us)

If a gang of grey haired grannies are robbing banks , you profile grannies
If 12 million illegal hispanics are breaking your immigration laws , YOU PROFILE THE DAMN HISPANICS

Am I wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayatollahgondola View Post
Yes. Your simplistic answer leaves out illegals from Ireland, Haiti, China, etc. The Homeland security people, or any governmental agency is not allowed to focus on a race when applying the law.

Quote:
No way could I let this go

Yes , there are illegals from all over the world , but how many of them are marching in our streets with their national flags , demanding , screaming , and speaking their home language ?

One plugs the biggest hole first

I've been "profiled" "id'd" and let go when my papers were found to be in order and I had no wants or warrants.

If a hispanic , asian , martian or someone from lower Slobovia has legal Id then whats the problem with being ask? Asking for Id is in no way close to what happened in Nazi Germany , heck , its not even close to what they do in mexico

No my friend , Do not chastise me for rendering the simple solution , the simple answer.

Get rid of a few million by letting them know the jig is up , the rest will follow
You are both right. The thing that you are both missing is that it is not necessary to openly declare war on hispanic illegal immigrants in order to confront the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants that are hispanic.

It is so easy, all that is necessary is to enforce the laws against illegal immigration where ever law enforcement has the occassion to do so. This is why it is so important not to use race as a criteria of enforcing against illegal immigration. Of course, since hispanics represent the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants it is inevitable that they be confronted with the greatest frequency.

This is also why those who wish to defend illegal immigration cling so desperately to the notion of race being the issue. The other people more interested in race as being the issue are genuine racists, who don't really care about illegal immigration at all and want the illegal immigration issue to reinforce their politcis regarding their own racial mythology -- just like the hispanics who claim their rights to illegal immigration are race based. You see? All the racists are working together. And we've seen evidence of this here at our own BBS.

Don't get sucked into the racial BS. Focus on the basic problem of illegal immigration and everything else will sort itself out.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoller View Post
You are both right. The thing that you are both missing is that it is not necessary to openly declare war on hispanic illegal immigrants in order to confront the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants that are hispanic.

It is so easy, all that is necessary is to enforce the laws against illegal immigration where ever law enforcement has the occassion to do so. This is why it is so important not to use race as a criteria of enforcing against illegal immigration. Of course, since hispanics represent the overwhelming majority of illegal immigrants it is inevitable that they be confronted with the greatest frequency.

This is also why those who wish to defend illegal immigration cling so desperately to the notion of race being the issue. The other people more interested in race as being the issue are genuine racists, who don't really care about illegal immigration at all and want the illegal immigration issue to reinforce their politcis regarding their own racial mythology -- just like the hispanics who claim their rights to illegal immigration are race based. You see? All the racists are working together. And we've seen evidence of this here at our own BBS.

Don't get sucked into the racial BS. Focus on the basic problem of illegal immigration and everything else will sort itself out.
You are 100% correct , no need to bring race into it at all, but every time there is any enforcement of any kind we get the enabler groups screaming and thats the end of any enforcement

How many employers are going to jail? not many, the illegals they rounded up in those last raids have all been released.
The SS started to send out no match letters, but the dems put an end to that, they stopped the fence , they don't want ANY enforcement at all.

The majority of illegals are hispanic so we either cut the crap and PC bs or its never going to get fixed
Old 05-31-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
You are 100% correct , no need to bring race into it at all, but every time there is any enforcement of any kind we get the enabler groups screaming and thats the end of any enforcement

How many employers are going to jail? not many, the illegals they rounded up in those last raids have all been released.
The SS started to send out no match letters, but the dems put an end to that, they stopped the fence , they don't want ANY enforcement at all.

The majority of illegals are hispanic so we either cut the crap and PC bs or its never going to get fixed
The only reason the enablers bring it up is because there is always some opposition willing to engage them. Don't. Don't bring it up. Don't respond. Don't initiate discussions into it. It is enough that you yourself, as a matter of conscience, are not a racist and you are not obliged to give account of yourself to anyone on the matter. If you insist on bringing the subject up or responding to accusations as reliably as you appear to do, one might question your sincerity on the issue. As I said, dragging the race issue into the discussion is a cooperative effort between the hispanics and the racists. (Nobody but the hipanics are complaining about race.) They both have an agenda that has nothing to do with illegal immigration.

When prosecuting employers for hiring illegals, the emphasis should be made on hunting down employers who are themselves immigrants or anchor-babies and these should be deported when caught.